The Student Room Group

I feel bad

I recently went out with this person and they broke up with me saying that he wasn't ready for the relationship. I still feel bad because I started going out with him when I was with my ex at the time but we were on a break and I hadn't had feelings for him for a long time. I said 'I love you' to my ex ex, now, but I didn't mean it, is that a bad thing? I think I just said it because he did. I am still friends with the most recent ex but I miss him, I think about him more than I did when we went out. Does that happen after a break up? I need to know, I haven't been in a proper relationship before so I'm new to this.
Original post by beththomas__
I recently went out with this person and they broke up with me saying that he wasn't ready for the relationship. I still feel bad because I started going out with him when I was with my ex at the time but we were on a break and I hadn't had feelings for him for a long time. I said 'I love you' to my ex ex, now, but I didn't mean it, is that a bad thing? I think I just said it because he did. I am still friends with the most recent ex but I miss him, I think about him more than I did when we went out. Does that happen after a break up? I need to know, I haven't been in a proper relationship before so I'm new to this.

You should never tell someone you love them unless you actually feel it, it's not nice to toy with someone's emotions like that. To answer your question, yes. Those are pretty normal feelings after a breakup and especially because you didn't initiate it. Maybe start up a conversation with him?
Reply 2
Original post by cherryred90s
You should never tell someone you love them unless you actually feel it, it's not nice to toy with someone's emotions like that. To answer your question, yes. Those are pretty normal feelings after a breakup and especially because you didn't initiate it. Maybe start up a conversation with him?

I know I shouldn't have, but it had felt right at the time but it's now that I regret it. Is it really? It is horrible for me because my ex is really close with one of my best friends and I can't help but get jealous over them and it caused me to have a panic attack today. Who should I start a conversation with?
Getting on with your education/work/training is important, your life shouldn't be all about regrets
I know I shouldn't have, but it had felt right at the time but it's now that I regret it. Is it really? It is horrible for me because my ex is really close with one of my best friends and I can't help but get jealous over them and it caused me to have a panic attack today. Who should I start a conversation with?

You should start a conversation with your ex and see if you can patch things up. What kind of 'best' friend is that o.O
Reply 5
Original post by cherryred90s
You should start a conversation with your ex and see if you can patch things up. What kind of 'best' friend is that o.O

I have tried so many times, they've blocked me and I'm fed up of being in a group chat where they post things and I am blocked out of the conversations. She was already close to him before I went out with him so it's ok.
Reply 6
my life recently (since november) has been all about regrets
Original post by shawn_o1
Getting on with your education/work/training is important, your life shouldn't be all about regrets
Maybe you should try talking to new people. You need someone to get your mind off things.
my life recently (since november) has been all about regrets

But really, you've got to distract yourself from these thoughts. I heard that running helps :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by shawn_o1
But really, you've got to distract yourself from these thoughts. I heard that running helps :smile:

i know, but I've just created more problems for myself and I would run if i didn't find it boring, sorry, I like going on the cross trainer in the gym so that will be a good replacement

Quick Reply

Latest