The Student Room Group

How did your exam go?? The epic 2015 GCSE exam discussion thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by bunnyland
HARD

I agree too, I didn't expect my exam to be so hard! (Engineering)
Is anyone doing the AQA linked pair for their Maths GCSE? I've done 1 exam already on the 21st may, 1 more on 8th of june for unit 2!
Reply 522
Did anyone do english language clashes and collisions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xxHannahBxx
who did igcse edexcel geography today.. and failed badly.. i mean.. what even were the field work questions.... at least they had heliopolis :,)

THE FIELD WORK QUESTIONS wth?! Glad my class and I weren't the only ones who were stumped by them. I literally wrote absolute nonsense for them. I thought it would be between rivers and hazards, but nooo, some stupid farm...

The rest of the paper was fine I think... I was panicking for the case studies before the exam because there were so many, but the ones that came up in the exam were so vague that I can't believe I was stressing so much :dry:
(edited 8 years ago)
Sorry I'm a bit late on all of this!

Did anyone do Coats for AQA geography unit 1? I thought it was a pretty good set of questions except that last question on conservation of a piece of land or something. I hated it- used Wallasea Island.

Also Edexcel P1 the other Thursday was bloody awful. But everyone seemed to hate it which is encouraging?

AQA English lit poetry was pretty good as well. We did relationships and Manhunt was one of the sited poems which, I'm not kidding you, was the only one I had properly studied and actually liked. The unseen poems was a bit basic as well right? Not much to say though.

Any of you doing Medicine and Public health for history on Monday? Or how are you feeling about the upcoming week of exams? I think I've got reasonably decent week...
Petrified for my AQA English Language exam! Anyone else freaking out?! I scraped a C with 43 marks in the mock exam but really need a B. I really struggle with the short amount of time we have to complete each question. I have extra time so I get 25% more time meaning that I can spend 15 minutes on each of the 8 mark questions, however I still only manage to write an answer in 25 minutes.

Has anyone got any advice?!?!
I cant seem to find anyone that is doing economics GCSE AQA and my first eco exam is tomorrow. I really need to ask someone but............................
Reply 528
Original post by Lucyylulu
Petrified for my AQA English Language exam! Anyone else freaking out?! I scraped a C with 43 marks in the mock exam but really need a B. I really struggle with the short amount of time we have to complete each question. I have extra time so I get 25% more time meaning that I can spend 15 minutes on each of the 8 mark questions, however I still only manage to write an answer in 25 minutes.

Hello,

My advice to you,

Firstly study and revise hard, look over all the work you have done in class (your notes) view and attempt past papers and go into the exam/exam room confident, read the questions carefully, remember all you have done in class don't make the answers to detailed and as an idication look at the marks for each question (time indication)

When is your exam? Maybe speak to your teacher for extra revision/booster sessions, I did this for my exam a week ago (22nd may) though my actual exams ae next year except the one I just did.

Best of luck, hope that helps and inform us of how you get on/find the paper.

I have my mocks shortly :smile: (Should I be happy??! )
Original post by ordellaragel
I cant seem to find anyone that is doing economics GCSE AQA and my first eco exam is tomorrow. I really need to ask someone but............................

Me!! Petrified but optimistic, have you done much revision? I certainly could have done more! :/
Reply 530
Hello! After completing my science GCSE additional exams i was wonderingn if you could help me with my possible grade. I believe my addition ISA grade was a high B (B+) then i believe i may have got a high B in physics, a B in biology but a high D in chemistry. (I stuggle with chemistry 😕). What do you think this would equal out to? Thanks!
Original post by Channex
Me!! Petrified but optimistic, have you done much revision? I certainly could have done more! :/

I am so scared as well, and my worst topic is global and international trade. also for the unit 12 exam, do we have to have specific research topics on poverty and globalisation (i mean an example) or just statistics
I have revised and still am for tomorrow though
Original post by Lucyylulu

I've got mine tomorrow aswell, just so you know I'm an a* in English so I'll be happy to help you! One of the best things you can do for language is to practice your writing through punctuation, learning good words and going through past papers so you are able to test yourself with timings. Another good tip is to have a good night sleep, there is nothing worse than having to go to an exam tired, just try your best and try to be creative with your answers in the exam and you'll do well! Good luck :cool:
Reply 533
I have mine tomorrow aswell, I know this tip isn't really aimed at me but thank you this is going to help me
Original post by harry998
I've got mine tomorrow aswell, just so you know I'm an a* in English so I'll be happy to help you! One of the best things you can do for language is to practice your writing through punctuation, learning good words and going through past papers so you are able to test yourself with timings. Another good tip is to have a good night sleep, there is nothing worse than having to go to an exam tired, just try your best and try to be creative with your answers in the exam and you'll do well! Good luck :cool:

Read through the mark scheme and see the requirements for the band you want to achieve for each question, it also gves you sample points and an idea of how to answer! I have mine tomorrow to, wishing you the best of luck! :smile:

Plus heres a link to the mark scheme just in case you can't find it! :wink:
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-ENG1H-W-MS-NOV14.PDF
Reply 535
Original post by pixiejoanna
Read through the mark scheme and see the requirements for the band you want to achieve for each question, it also gves you sample points and an idea of how to answer! I have mine tomorrow to, wishing you the best of luck! :smile:

Plus heres a link to the mark scheme just in case you can't find it! :wink:
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-ENG1H-W-MS-NOV14.PDF

Sorry, but I couldn't help notice your poor and incorrect spelling of to, it should be too instead!
To help you:
Too means as well or conveys the idea of in excess. To is a preposition (e.g., Give it to her) or is used to show the infinitive form of a verb (e.g., I want to run).

Also, do you mean GIVES not GVES.

Sorry, I just thought I would help you out, bearing in mind that you will be marked on SPAG (spelling, punctuation and grammar)

Best of luck anyway :smile:
Original post by Ace C
Sorry, but I couldn't help notice your poor and incorrect spelling of to, it should be too instead!
To help you:
Too means as well or conveys the idea of in excess. To is a preposition (e.g., Give it to her) or is used to show the infinitive form of a verb (e.g., I want to run).

Also, do you mean GIVES not GVES.

Sorry, I just thought I would help you out, bearing in mind that you will be marked on SPAG (spelling, punctuation and grammar)

Best of luck anyway :smile:

Yes thank you! Always one pernickety person isn't there! I am not dim-witted, I am perfectly capable of spelling but funnily enough this is not the exam! People can make spelling mistakes and by the way I got an A* in my mock!
Have fun correcting others :wink:
Reply 537
Original post by pixiejoanna
Yes thank you! Always one pernickety person isn't there! I am not dim-witted, I am perfectly capable of spelling but funnily enough this is not the exam! People can make spelling mistakes and by the way I got an A* in my mock!
Have fun correcting others :wink:

Yes sorry, I'm just having a laugh! Thanks for not taking it too offensively! I am predicted an A/A* in English too :biggrin: Lets hope I get that next year! :smile:

Best of luck again :0
Original post by Ace C
Yes sorry, I'm just having a laugh! Thanks for not taking it too offensively! I am predicted an A/A* in English too :biggrin: Lets hope I get that next year! :smile:

Best of luck again :0

Your SPaG marks will get you that A/A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My English language exam was amazing. I spent two hours with the Mr Bruff DAFOREST song in my head xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest