The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PandaWho

Iv been thinking about doing a social work degree but no idea how to fund it :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Social work has a bursary for some students for years 2 & 3 - maybe have a look?
Beeping noise in my ears is very sore. It's only me hearing it. :colonhash:
The beeping won't stop, goddamnit.
Original post by bullettheory
Social work has a bursary for some students for years 2 & 3 - maybe have a look?

Had a look and its only up to 3K so still got to find 6K for tuition fees :sadpanda:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had a look and its only up to 3K so still got to find 6K for tuition fees :sadpanda:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought tuition fees were fully covered and then it was just maintenance ones that weren't sometimes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Panda, can't quote you, but have you looked into graduate schemes which do a fasttrack degree in social work whilst working on the job? Would that appeal? There is one called Frontline, which I know is meant to be very good, but they are a bit picky about who they choose (you have to have at least a 2.1, etc). There must be other ones though :smile:
Original post by Klatie
I thought tuition fees were fully covered and then it was just maintenance ones that weren't sometimes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Iv already done a degree so had 3 years of student finance already

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Panda, can't quote you, but have you looked into graduate schemes which do a fasttrack degree in social work whilst working on the job? Would that appeal? There is one called Frontline, which I know is meant to be very good, but they are a bit picky about who they choose (you have to have at least a 2.1, etc). There must be other ones though :smile:

Thanks might look into see if there are ones if you got a 2:2 there was a social work apprenticeship with my council but i didnt apply as i didnt think id get it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Doesnt matter
(edited 8 years ago)
It'd be swell if I could just stop dissociating all the ****ing time. Jesus christ. This is horrid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you can do an MA that qualifies you, so that you dont need to do another 3 year degree? A friend did that (humanities BA, then a graduate course with placements, I think it was an MA). I think you can get bursaries for it? Plus there is also the career development loan :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arguendo
I think you can do an MA that qualifies you, so that you dont need to do another 3 year degree? A friend did that (humanities BA, then a graduate course with placements, I think it was an MA). I think you can get bursaries for it? Plus there is also the career development loan :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everyone wants a 2:1 or higher so i guess its not going to happen, ahh well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

I feel sick.
Original post by CescaD96
I feel sick.

How comes? x
Original post by kiss_me_now9
It'd be swell if I could just stop dissociating all the ****ing time. Jesus christ. This is horrid.

Sorry what?
Original post by Anonymous
How comes? x

Probably withdrawal from me not taking my abilfy tablet this morning.
I can't do work for more than five minutes then I get distracted and then I cry and have panic attacks because I'm not studying! And yet here I am not studying. Again.
Iv already done a degree so had 3 years of student finance already

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah right didn't realise like you weren't allowed it anymore D:

Gotta be some way of doing it :smile:
Original post by Klatie
Ah right didn't realise like you weren't allowed it anymore D:

Gotta be some way of doing it :smile:

Think you only get 4 years worth on 1 degree, iv already done 1 degree so cnt use SFE anymore, and cant afford to self finance as i have bills to pay!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest