The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1500
Original post by Zürich
Would be lovely to be able to go Coquelin/Scheniderlin double DM in big away games yes but it just seems like Wenger's cautious about going top heavy at CM. Wenger didnt even want Cesc back for that reason.

Arteta is fine really as like 4th choice CM, good influence in the dressing room and still fine in the right game.

In terms of bang for our buck or points gained next season per £1m spent clearly a new GK would be best, followed by another striker. CM is not priority any more for me.

we still need a cdm more than a striker
i'd try and get vidal because he can play cdm when needed and will scare the **** out of the opposition
"you can tell the size of a man by the things that bother him" seems to sum up Sheddy perfectly tbf.

Good way to end the season, the jimmies of our fellow top clubs well and truly rustled. Also nice to see so many English players in the team, more than many of our rivals that's for sure.

Even I'm starting to feel optimistic that with 3 signings we'll be solid title challengers no matter what injuries occur.:biggrin:
Is it realistic to see Arsenal competing for the UCL next season/following season? I think not.

Next season I think the Premier League would be between us and United.
(edited 8 years ago)
My main worry is that Santi will be kept as CM for next season, forcing Wilshere and Rambo out onto the wings or out of the club entirely. I know he was absolutely brilliant yesterday, but part of me would rather we sold Santi or drastically decreased his playing time next season (at least when he isn't on form). A CDM and an out and out RW and we have a complete midfield with 2 solid options in every position.

Choice is key against the top teams away we can play:

Coq New CDM
Ox Wilshere Sanchez
Walcott (for counters)

and then against the bottom half dross:

New CDM Wilshere
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Giroud

My only worry is that there is A LOT of deadwood piling up now, Diaby, Flam, Arteta, Gnabry, Miyaichi, Campbell, Poldi, Sanogo, Rosicky, Akpom. Out of those TEN, I'd only keep Arteta (not to play but he's a very good club captain from the what the players say), Rosicky (obviously), and Gnabry, Akpom and Campbell but sent out on loan.

Also, what's going to happen to Jenk? Get the feeling he'll be loaned out again next year and rightly so, Bellerin has been excellent over the last 3 months and although everyone on here is writing Debuchy off I still have faith that he'll be a solid option at RB against the big teams when we need a defensive minded fullback. Jenk must know that Debuchy only has a year or 2 left at best and if he carries on playing the way he has this season he'll be welcomed back with open arms in a season or two once Debuchy is gone (although Bellerin will probably **** off to Barca in a few years so we'll end up needing another RB in a couple years too anyway)
Original post by leinad2012
Also nice to see so many English players in the team, more than many of our rivals that's for sure.

You started with 1 English player yesterday!
Original post by Stefano93
Is it realistic to see Arsenal competing for the UCL next season/following season? I think not.

Next season I think the Premier League would be between us and United.

Of course it isn't realistic, let's be honest with ourselves, bar United away we've played complete dross to retain the FA Cup. Let's be real here, the only time anyone associated with Brighton and Hove Albion has torn anything apart is in the toilets of the gays bars on a Friday night....

Also, how on earth can you say Chelsea won't be challenging next season for the pl when they walked it with 4 games to go this year? Absolute nonsense tbf
Of course it isn't realistic, let's be honest with ourselves, bar United away we've played complete dross to retain the FA Cup. Let's be real here, the only time anyone associated with Brighton and Hove Albion has torn anything apart is in the toilets of the gays bars on a Friday night....

Also, how on earth can you say Chelsea won't be challenging next season for the pl when they walked it with 4 games to go this year? Absolute nonsense tbf

Chelsea won't win next year, simple as.
Original post by sr90
You started with 1 English player yesterday!

Yes but in our squad we have Chambers, Welbeck, Wilshere, Ox, Walcott, Gibbs, all of which have played some part this season and are all pretty young (oldest of 26?). Add in the king of Banter himself next season (and Sterling :colone: (actually don't want him)), and that team is so English that Tommy Robinson wouldn't be ashamed to support it... (oh and Ramsey is home nations obviously too)

Good one pal

So let me get this right, you are 100% sure that the team that walked the title should already be written off for next season, AND also think that Reus, Gundogan, and perhaps most idiotic of all, Lewandowski will want to join Arsenal? You are seriously living in denial mate
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
banner of snakeboy has been removed, incoming chelsea fans getting upset. arsenal fans gettin every1 fumin today; got spurs fans saying ryan mason is better than wilshere, got chelsea fans hittin out on our parade when our twitter support is bigger than their whole fanbase, glorious days tbh. gonna spark a few doobies and have a posh ****, not even carling does it better

real peak when you say it like that :rofl2:
So let me get this right, you are 100% sure that the team that walked the title should already be written off for next season, AND also think that Reus, Gundogan, and perhaps most idiotic of all, Lewandowski will want to join Arsenal? You are seriously living in denial mate

Quote me when they don't, and I will quote you when i'm certain they wont. Also have I said these players will be joining Arsenal when they are shoddy reports from the Metro or Daily Mail? Please don't talk out of your **** mate it's embarrassing.
We just won an FA cup ffs why are you arguing

[video="youtube;NLKVHUDyKgk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLKVHUDyKgk[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by The Shed End
It's Carlsberg you pillock. Rendered you're entire post invalid with that.

Naa mate 😂😂 Shots were fired LOOL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quote me when they don't, and I will quote you when i'm certain they wont. Also have I said these players will be joining Arsenal when they are shoddy reports from the Metro or Daily Mail? Please don't talk out of your **** mate it's embarrassing.

So you genuinely think that Arsenal or Manchester United have a better chance of winning the league than Chelsea?
My main worry is that Santi will be kept as CM for next season, forcing Wilshere and Rambo out onto the wings or out of the club entirely.

Well Santi is better than both of them right now, and they'll force their way in when they're good enough? Doesn't seem like a worry to have.
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
Well Santi is better than both of them right now, and they'll force their way in when they're good enough? Doesn't seem like a worry to have.

True but he's a manlet as Coquelin is, as a manlet double pivot simply will not work

You still haven't answered the question, why are you already disregarding the team that walked the league this season?

I'm calling you out because you constantly try to link us with the most ridiculous transfers possible. If they're ****ty rumours from DailyMail or Metro why the **** are we talking about them, they aren't going to happen. Some personal favourites over the months which you have said:

Whether it be in the January transfer season:
"Schneiderlin and Hummels would be perfect in Jan, along with maybe a top-class striker (Benzema?)"

"gundogan plz come to us srs no joke"

Or my personal favourite just 3 months after he'd moved to Athletico, "Mandzukic would be a nice alternative to Giroud"

"Arsenal to launch £63M bid for Hummels and Gundogan http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...tmund-duo.html"

"Wouldn't mind a player near his [Defoe] age tho (Ribery, Robben )"

And in the last few months:

"need to buy verratti and hummels tbh"

"Just invest in Reus and Vidal tbh"

"Griezmann/Verratti playing for us would be just "

You have literally linked us with every CDM under the sun and all is does is make our rival fans think all Arsenal fans are deluded

Also inb4 Obsessed, sorry not sorry
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Pimped Butterfly

If Ramsey can get into any top clubs midfield easily why would he stick around to bee played out of position? I still think Cazorla shouldn't be playing at CM against top teams.
The Arsenal thread is heating up nicely. brb getting popcorn

Latest