The Student Room Group

how to classify chemistry GCSE

does doing CH1HP and CH2HP mean you have a full chemistry GCSE which therefore counts as one GCSE or is it only part of core science GCSE meaning that it isn't an individual GCSE?
Reply 1
??
You can do them like this

C1 B1 P1
C2 B2 P2
C3 B3 P3

If you do a column then you get a GCSE in that subject. If you do a row, then you get a GCSE in science, advanced science and further advanced science. The 'rows' might be mixed papers.
Original post by r-t
does doing CH1HP and CH2HP mean you have a full chemistry GCSE which therefore counts as one GCSE or is it only part of core science GCSE meaning that it isn't an individual GCSE?

Hi there I think that means that you have 2 GCSEs one core and one additional. Have you or are you going to do BL1HP, PH1HP, BL2HP and PH2HP.

BL1HP , CH1HP and PH1HP equals a GCSE in core science .

BL2HP, CH2HP and PH2HP equals a GCSE in additional science.

BL3HP, CH3HP and PH3HP equals a GCSE in further additional science.

CH1HP, CH2HP and CH3HP equals a GCSE chemistry.

BL1HP, BL2HP and BL3HP equals a GCSE in biology.

PH1HP, PH2HP and PH3HP equals a GCSE in physics.

Sorry for the long post and hope you understand.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by examsareboring
Hi there I think that means that you have 2 GCSEs one core and one additional. Have you or are you going to do BL1HP, PH1HP, BL2HP and PH2HP.

BL1HP , CH1HP and PH1HP equals a GCSE in core science .

BL2HP, CH2HP and PH1HP equals a GCSE in additional science.

CH1HP, CH2HP and CH3HP equals a GCSE chemistry.

Sorry for the long post and hope you understand.

I've done CH2H aswell, i'm a year 13 student but its never clear what it equates to. thanks for the reply.
Original post by r-t
I've done CH2H aswell, i'm a year 13 student but its never clear what it equates to. thanks for the reply.

What exams did you do exactly ? I'll be able to tell you then what you have a GCSE in exactly
Does anyone want to revise with me who is doing the GCSE AQA Core science exam ?

PM me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by omaymah1678
Does anyone want to revise with me who is doing the GCSE AQA Core science exam ?

PM mE

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I've done it last year
Reply 8
What exams did you do exactly ? I'll be able to tell you then what you have a GCSE in exactly

chemistry CH1HP and CH2HP
biology BL1HP and BL1HP
physics PH1HP and PH2HP
Original post by r-t
chemistry CH1HP and CH2HP
biology BL1HP and BL1HP
physics PH1HP and PH2HP

So that means you have 2 GCSEs in science: one in core and one in additional so you have done the double award.
Reply 10
So that means you have 2 GCSEs in science: one in core and one in additional so you have done the double award.

okay thanks for your help.
Original post by r-t
okay thanks for your help.

No problem
Sorry I've done it last year

Np :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest