The Student Room Group

F292- Que Rico LTD Pre-release

Scroll to see replies

Original post by simran98
How did everyone find the exam this morning? F291

I loved it, everything I wanted came up
Original post by neal95
Tell me about it AAB was a boring nightmare......just been reading through my notes and looking at the unit guide which shows you exactly how the marks are picked up. Gonna try to be less sophisticated on my writing this year and use the figures to get instant level 3. All about that smart work

how exactly are all the marks picked up?
Well level 1 is showing business knowledge so that is giving theorists names and naming concepts. Level 2 is describing them a bit. Level 3 is analysing that information and level 4 is evaluating via a conclusion. Obviously level 4 applies to the questions with 10+ marks
Original post by neal95
Well level 1 is showing business knowledge so that is giving theorists names and naming concepts. Level 2 is describing them a bit. Level 3 is analysing that information and level 4 is evaluating via a conclusion. Obviously level 4 applies to the questions with 10+ marks

ok thank you :smile:
heyy guys ]Do you know if f292 is worth 60% of the total AS grade?

cheers
i think it is iirc but for a2 f297 is worth 70% and f293 or f295 depending on which you do is worth 30%
Original post by neal95
i think it is iirc but for a2 f297 is worth 70% and f293 or f295 depending on which you do is worth 30%

Im doing AS F291 and f292- so f292s worth more then?
Original post by artymaniac
Im doing AS F291 and f292- so f292s worth more then?

yes i think it is, check out the OCR website it should give you more info. I got an A in F291, but a C in F292, so it could sort of be near enough equal as i got a B for AS. however, at most it will be 60:40 for as, if not 50;50
Sorry I cant seem to find it on the ocr website- whereabouts should I be checking?
Original post by neal95
yes i think it is, check out the OCR website it should give you more info. I got an A in F291, but a C in F292, so it could sort of be near enough equal as i got a B for AS. however, at most it will be 60:40 for as, if not 50;50
Sorry I cant seem to find it on the ocr website- whereabouts should I be checking?

no idea haha i figured it would be on there sorry :P
Guys i just dint understand how i should revise for F292? Help...
Application of knowledge and terms from f291 and f292 to the case study real
Can anyone tell me what percentage this paper f292 is worth???
much appreciated
Can anyone tell me what percentage this paper f292 is worth???
much appreciated

I believe it is 60%
F291 is 40%
thanks for clearing that up much appreciated :-)
Original post by Hypnotism
I believe it is 60%
F291 is 40%
60%
Key tip for this exam is build your answer up step by step, ultimately leading to your conclusion. The examiners want you to dumb the theory down and not be complex on your style.
also, getting full marks in section A is essential to getting an A, as they are easy marks in the grand scheme of things, especially the state questions and the calculation questions. including the first question from section b, there is 22 marks up for grabs. to get an A on this paper requires a minimum of 58 marks, and if you get all of section A plus the calculation question right, that is 22 marks right there, so 22/58 x 100= 38% of the marks already gained to getting an A. that means you only need 36 marks throughout the rest of the paper to secure the A, and you have ample oppurtunity to do this from the remaining 68 marks. 36/68 x 100= 53%. so provided you answer the evaluation questions to a half decent standard, you need just over half marks from question 2B onwards to get the A.

this is working of last years grade boundaries anyway
Original post by neal95
also, getting full marks in section A is essential to getting an A, as they are easy marks in the grand scheme of things, especially the state questions and the calculation questions. including the first question from section b, there is 22 marks up for grabs. to get an A on this paper requires a minimum of 58 marks, and if you get all of section A plus the calculation question right, that is 22 marks right there, so 22/58 x 100= 38% of the marks already gained to getting an A. that means you only need 36 marks throughout the rest of the paper to secure the A, and you have ample oppurtunity to do this from the remaining 68 marks. 36/68 x 100= 53%. so provided you answer the evaluation questions to a half decent standard, you need just over half marks from question 2B onwards to get the A.

this is working of last years grade boundaries anyway

thanks this is very, useful :-)- how much would you recommend writing for a 16 and 20 marker- like how many paragraphs? and what kind of structure would you adopt to answer something like this" Discuss the extent to which aMys leadership approach to management is appropriate for QRL?-16marks
Thanks in advance!
thanks this is very, useful :-)- how much would you recommend writing for a 16 and 20 marker- like how many paragraphs? and what kind of structure would you adopt to answer something like this" Discuss the extent to which aMys leadership approach to management is appropriate for QRL?-16marks
Thanks in advance!

Hi glad it could be of use, it just shows how important it is to work of the margins really! In regards to your question, I think a minute per mark is a good measure, but if you are like me and a quick writer then you can be more flexible with this. The key thing is not to over complicate things because the examiners don't like it, you need to build up your answer slowly from level 1 to level 2 and then level 3 and 4 when needed. First I would include business knowledge for example the name of her management style, then I would detail the typical features of this style and apply it to QRL, noting how the workforce is being affected and the implications on the business. I am planning to complete section A nice and quickly as it dosent require much writing and therefore this allows me more time writing the long answers. I hope this has been of some help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest