Scroll to see replies

Original post by Toast12
Yeah I am

Did you go to your uni dr or at home? That may be the reason they said to wait

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Did you go to your uni dr or at home? That may be the reason they said to wait

Posted from TSR Mobile

The uni one. I realise there isn't really much time left this term to sort things out and she did say to see how things go over the Summer so you might be right.
Original post by Toast12
The uni one. I realise there isn't really much time left this term to sort things out and she did say to see how things go over the Summer so you might be right.

That will most likely be why, if your very worried pop you your Dr at home as then they have more time to see you to make sure the treatments working.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Went to the doctors this morning to be told I've torn something in my groin and it's 4 to 6 weeks healing time.

I have to not move much at all for the first few days and then it's gentle movement after that.

Not like I have a placement to finish or anything. Had to have today off because I can barely move and doctor suggested tomorrow off too. Everything sucks and I hate it.

Did get an extension on that awful essay I submitted last week though.

:console: Was that from your hiking thing?
Original post by superwolf
:console: Was that from your hiking thing?

Yup :frown: I was walking on a slate path and it rotated my leg all wrong. Managed to finish the walk - it was around 25km so I'm really impressed that I managed it - just annoyed that it's caused this. Had to call in sick today :frown:
Yup :frown: I was walking on a slate path and it rotated my leg all wrong. Managed to finish the walk - it was around 25km so I'm really impressed that I managed it - just annoyed that it's caused this. Had to call in sick today :frown:

:hugs: Hope it heals up soon. 25km is definitely good!
Finished my exam with 20 minutes to spare. :woo:

I'm officially finished A2 exams, only 1 repeat!
:hugs: Hope it heals up soon. 25km is definitely good!

Well I'm a tiny fat lump so 25km up ans down the peaks has made me feel better. Maybe this is the summer when I finally sort myself out and get properly healthy?

I wish I'd taken the doctor up on the offer of crutches now. I'm completely reliant on gf :frown:
Reply 8568
Original post by Little Popcorns
Anyone else bad during the summer?
I'm really struggling with the prospect of a lonely summer.

Definitely! (Just like all my other summers :/ ) but this time I'm intending to throw myself out there by getting a bar job and driving lessons/maybe go abroad.

However, throwing oneself in the deep end is potentially risky and I wouldnt especially advice for/against it for anyone else, its an individual choice :smile:
Gave up my job offer - think it was the right thing to do since I'm not doing well either mentally or physically, but still feels bad. :frown:

Original post by CescaD96
Finished my exam with 20 minutes to spare. :woo:

I'm officially finished A2 exams, only 1 repeat!

Woo, go Cesca! :jive:

Well I'm a tiny fat lump so 25km up ans down the peaks has made me feel better. Maybe this is the summer when I finally sort myself out and get properly healthy?

I wish I'd taken the doctor up on the offer of crutches now. I'm completely reliant on gf :frown:

Could see about going walking together sometime, assuming we're both healthy enough! :tongue:
Gave up my job offer - think it was the right thing to do since I'm not doing well either mentally or physically, but still feels bad. :frown:

Could see about going walking together sometime, assuming we're both healthy enough! :tongue:

If you think it's the right thing to do then it is the right thing to do. Don't dwell on it. You have awesome things coming to you in the future.

Fingers crossed we both are! It was such a lovely walk too with full camping kit. The campsite was lovely and the view was brilliant. I just love being outside.
If you think it's the right thing to do then it is the right thing to do. Don't dwell on it. You have awesome things coming to you in the future.

Fingers crossed we both are! It was such a lovely walk too with full camping kit. The campsite was lovely and the view was brilliant. I just love being outside.

Thanks. :smile:

Yeah, I love getting out in the country, we should definitely have a go of it sometime!
Original post by JBlad
Definitely! (Just like all my other summers :/ ) but this time I'm intending to throw myself out there by getting a bar job and driving lessons/maybe go abroad.

However, throwing oneself in the deep end is potentially risky and I wouldnt especially advice for/against it for anyone else, its an individual choice :smile:
sounds like a good plan. But yeah don't think I'll be throwing myself in any deep ends just now :h:

Aw, about your job offer, but I get why. :smile: And thank you!

Definitely the right thing to do - working when you're unwell isn't good and will make you worse, in my experience anyway :sadnod:

------------

Timehop is both a blessing and a curse. It's good because I get to see all the cool stuff I've done and how far I've come. Also a bit sad because it's coming up on Twitter/Facebook people asking me why I wasn't in school when i was in hospital and that they were missing me. I was so convinced that I was horrible and everybody would be better off without me when in reality so many people cared and I just pushed them away. It's scary how depression clouds your judgement so much.

Absolutely no reason why anybody needed to know that, just wanted to get it out :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
:cry2:
Original post by Valvopus
*dons medical student hat*

Spoiler

Spoiler

Sent my girlfriend to get crutches that I should have just accepted this morning when the doctor offered them to me.

Going to be the worst when I actually have to teach :frown: pupils are never exactly forgiving.
Got an initial assessment with a private counselor I found online, when I spoke to him on the phone, I didn't really think too much of him and am not really sure what to expect from him, but I have nothing to lose by going, so might as well go and see.
How's you Emily? :hugs:

ok, i think.

been made to go to school for a few hours every day until my exams are over. and i was there today and it didnt go well for me (too nosy and i couldnt think straight) ended up wasting three hours i could of worked in.

home now.

Latest