The Student Room Group

*** official edexcel gcse english language 02/06/15 discussion***

Hi

Made this thread so we can discuss and review the exam today and tomorrow

Thanks!!!

GOOD LUCK

Scroll to see replies

Hey, doing same exam!, i love section B , where they ask you to write an article or leaflet.....! I guess the first section is alrught im doing OMAM what book you doing?
Same!!!
predictions? I think itll be a setting
Reply 4
I think the exam will be simple because they generally ask the same type of things every year! I am looking forward to it!
Due to my teacher having a C-section today she cancelled her revision, subsequently i have very little idea whats coming up on this test! I know we get asked on an extract, and then do an article or letter, but what do we do for the second question? also any timing guides or other advice would be appreciated!
(edited 8 years ago)
Lennie was november 2014 was less likely it will be him i think it could be setting or someone like candy or slim
Reply 7
Hey what extract would we use if the Setting question comes up in OF Mice and Men??
Reply 8
I have the exam tomorrow. Its called "English Today" anyone know anything about this? stressed.com lol
Original post by lfc4581
Hey what extract would we use if the Setting question comes up in OF Mice and Men??

The start of any of the sections I think. Each one starts with a description of the setting. I'd go for the first probably, foreshadowing or the last, bit of fate and stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile
i have the exact same exam tomorrow ! i'm really worried lol any advice anyone
Original post by kittensrcute
Due to my teacher having a C-section today she cancelled her revision, subsequently i have very little idea whats coming up on this test! I know we get asked on an extract, and then do an article or letter, but what do we do for the second question? also any timing guides or other advice would be appreciated!

You get an OMAM extract then you have to pick one other part of the novella that shows the same character/theme. Then it's the article/letter
Predictions for the OMAM Q
Original post by A*GLORYHUNTER
predictions? I think itll be a setting

Out of interest why? Just a feeling or have you studied the past papers =D?
Original post by Jodie99
Out of interest why? Just a feeling or have you studied the past papers =D?

Yeah its just a feeling :biggrin: because all the characters have come up apart from candy and they introduced to events twice, and many themes but My predictions it will be Character: Candy , a Relationship, or a setting because that has never come up before
Original post by A*GLORYHUNTER
Yeah its just a feeling :biggrin: because all the characters have come up apart from candy and they introduced to events twice, and many themes but My predictions it will be Character: Candy , a Relationship, or a setting because that has never come up before

Oh thanks, I'll make sure I revise it. Do you (or anyone) happen to know what came up in November 2014? It's blocked on the edexcel website
Reply 16
Im so confused, why is everyone talking about Of Mice and Men for a language exam? Of Mice and Men for me was for the literature exam a couple of weeks ago? IIM FREAKING OUT
Original post by zoeal
Im so confused, why is everyone talking about Of Mice and Men for a language exam? Of Mice and Men for me was for the literature exam a couple of weeks ago? IIM FREAKING OUT

Do you do edexcel? Of mice and men is in both D:
Reply 18
Original post by Jodie99
Do you do edexcel? Of mice and men is in both D:
No i do AQA??? :frown:((
Original post by zoeal
No i do AQA??? :frown:((

Oh then idk text someone in your class

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending