The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam277
The 6-0 was funny cos 419 was saying that it'll be a bore draw while I was saying we'd spank them.

Yeah meant 6-0, dunno why I said 6-3 must've got confused with the city game. Rarely bore draws at the Bridge unless you don't need to win anyway, e.g Liverpool and City games last year were exciting. Man Torres went HAM against City at SB last year, guy was a good big game player in all honesty.
Original post by Depleted
Yeah meant 6-0, dunno why I said 6-3 must've got confused with the city game. Rarely bore draws at the Bridge unless you don't need to win anyway, e.g Liverpool and City games last year were exciting. Man Torres went HAM against City at SB last year, guy was a good big game player in all honesty.

Only time Chelsea get a bore draw at the bridge is when the other side parks the bus(i.e. west ham and norwich)
Chelsea will win league after league as long as the Fabregas-Costa "partnership" keeps on collecting their first 57 points, plus they never get injured anyway
Original post by shawn_o1
Chelsea will win league after league as long as the Fabregas-Costa "partnership" keeps on collecting their first 57 points, plus they never get injured anyway

lol wut, Costa's probably been out for around 2 months this season with injuries in total, 3 when you include suspensions.
Original post by jam277

Excellent gif usage.
Original post by The Shed End
Excellent gif usage.

Didn't even realise how relevant that gif was until after I posted it too :rofl2:
lol wut, Costa's probably been out for around 2 months this season with injuries in total, 3 when you include suspensions.

And the snake goes missing in winter and spring.
Original post by angelfox

Original post by shawn_o1
Are you trolling here?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by angelfox

Even more impressive then that he managed to get 15 assists before his form tailed off. Tbh, that's a big part of why I'd say that both Costa and Fabregas deserve to be in the TOTY. Both their first season at the club, Costa's first in the league, and it was their goals and assists in the first half of the season that won us the league. Mourinho's plan was always to get as many wins and points early on and consolidate the title from there, and those two (as well as Hazard) were the main reasons. Essentially Hazard was out best player all season, Terry our best in the second half of the season, and Costa and Fabregas our best in the first half.

Very few players can maintain such high standards for the entire season, Hazard was more or less consistent the entire year but may have started a bit slowly. When you look at the players who have won the POTY the last few years, how many can you say kept an almost consistent form the entire season? Suarez was fantastic but went off the boil for a month or two, as did RVP for a bit. Bale only turned up for about 4-5 months both years he won it. Though the Fabregas hate re. his form from the media was a bit OTT tbh, from January our approach was always going to be stability and in some cases defensive first rather than outright attacking and about flair, which obviously isn't what suits Fabregas.
Original post by leinad2012
Just going to put it out there our away form against the top 6 wasn't that bad, only lost to Spurs and Chelsea and beat City. Our focus has to be on beating Swansea Stoke Spurs and Swansea next season away

gotta also go to the bridge and play for a draw.
Original post by Numan786

Yes and a new cdm would help that, banter them off with a Coq, NewCDM, Wilshere midfield 3 with Bellerin at RW and Gibbo at LW
Original post by Numan786

Yeah just put on a plane against us and you'll get a draw/win at the bridge. Also have Chris Foy as the referee so he can distinguish Walcott from Coquelin.
(edited 8 years ago)
Yes and a new cdm would help that, banter them off with a Coq, NewCDM, Wilshere midfield 3 with Bellerin at RW and Gibbo at LW

Wilshere? Great banter. Great idea pushing your fullbacks further up the pitch, went well last time you tried to play high up the park at Stamford Bridge didn't it?
Wilshere? Great banter. Great idea pushing your fullbacks further up the pitch, went well last time you tried to play high up the park at Stamford Bridge didn't it?

1433173991470.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

What exactly have I said that was 'trolling' or 'stupid'?

Or the SAF strats against us, playing with essentially 7 defenders.
Original post by Arkasia
Or the SAF strats against us, playing with essentially 7 defenders.

Scenes when we start with

Bellerin
Arteta Flamini
Chambers Coquelin Gabriel
Monreal Koscielny Mertesacker Debuchy

You're a special little snowflake aren't you :smile:
What exactly have I said that was 'trolling' or 'stupid'?

Think it was pretty obvious that he was jokingly implying we play Gibbs and Bellerin on the wing with Debuchy and Monreal in deeper positions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Scenes when we start with

Bellerin
Arteta Flamini
Chambers Coquelin Gabriel
Monreal Koscielny Mertesacker Debuchy

Bellerin up top? I like your thinking. Man is fast and came from Barca, he must be the next Pedro.

Latest