The Student Room Group

TSR Catholic Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by barnetlad
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-32849125

Interesting article and a different Lenten observance from most of us I expect.

I have always wanted to set myself a challenge to visit as many different Churches as possible and witness the diversity of buildings, architecture, congregations, denominations, services etc... Maybe next lent I should make such a commitment (although not quite as extensive as Adrian's :tongue:)
Original post by The Epicurean
I have always wanted to set myself a challenge to visit as many different Churches as possible and witness the diversity of buildings, architecture, congregations, denominations, services etc... Maybe next lent I should make such a commitment (although not quite as extensive as Adrian's :tongue:)

You should totes do it :colone:

I wouldn't mind a bit of Catholic church hopping but I don't think multiple churches + TLG's psychosis + Lent are a good combo :nope:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
You should totes do it :colone:

I wouldn't mind a bit of Catholic church hopping but I don't think multiple churches + TLG's psychosis + Lent are a good combo :nope:

It's just finding the motivation >_< But I don't really have an excuse as I have like 8 Churches near me from all different denominations :tongue:

Nwah :console:
Original post by The Epicurean
It's just finding the motivation >_< But I don't really have an excuse as I have like 8 Churches near me from all different denominations :tongue:

Nwah :console:

I know what you mean. I am a very lazy excuse for a Catholic, psychosis aside :colondollar: Motivation can be hard :sadnod:
Reply 7385
Original post by webwolfwizard

Theology of the Body :love:
I wonder if there would be interest in having a christian group in Manchester where we could meet and have talks. I was searching for one to join, but had no luck. Anyone?
I wonder if there would be interest in having a christian group in Manchester where we could meet and have talks. I was searching for one to join, but had no luck. Anyone?

Afraid I'ma Londoner but hope you find some peeps :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
People often have the image of Catholicism as declining. But I came across quite an interesting fact today. I was looking at statistics on Indonesia, and in 1903 there were only approximately 27,000 Catholics (making up about 0.06% of the total population), whereas in 2010, there was an estimated 7.5million Catholics (making up over 3% of the total population). Whilst still only a small minority, it is interesting to see such a large growth occurring in areas which one would not traditionally associate with Catholicism :beard:
That's amazing! didn't know about that and dk what exactly is behind it. However, I think in our modern society it is easy to lose faith and religion, just as forgetting and erasing culture.
Reply 7390
Hey guys!!! Hope you're doing well :smile: Congratulations on your new job Aula (I was just looking at your blog).
I've been wanting to say hello to Joe from the facebook group for a while because I never got to meet you on here, so it's lovely to meet you *waves*
Reply 7391

My good friend is a Mancunian who just went back there for the Summer, I can put you in touch with him you like?
Minor prayer request: am hopefully meeting Fr S (my spiritual director/confessor) on Friday morning. Prayers that he doesn't have to cancel for whatever reason would be great! He's already had to change the date once :erm:
Fr S had to postpone til Weds next week. Might need to pray for the intercession of St Jude on this one :biggrin:
Reply 7394
Original post by rac1
Hey guys!!! Hope you're doing well :smile: Congratulations on your new job Aula (I was just looking at your blog).
I've been wanting to say hello to Joe from the facebook group for a while because I never got to meet you on here, so it's lovely to meet you *waves*

Thank you :awesome:

I really need to get better at posting regularly there :colondollar:

And TLG, St Jude is always awesome :jebus:
Aula
BLOG

Have you written much in there recently? I can't remember what the last blog post I read of yours was! I thought I managed to follow it via email but maybe not... :ninja:

St Jude is VERY awesome! My sisters were so cute recently, in a St Jude-related capacity: my younger sister went to America to visit my older sister (who lives in Boston). Before my older sister took my younger sister back to the airport to catch the flight to London, they popped into their local corner shop or something (it was run by Mexicans, whatever the place was) and they had some Catholic items, including a lovely green candle for St Jude. So my older sister bought it for me and sent it to me via younger sister :awesome:
Reply 7396
Have you written much in there recently? I can't remember what the last blog post I read of yours was! I thought I managed to follow it via email but maybe not... :ninja:

St Jude is VERY awesome! My sisters were so cute recently, in a St Jude-related capacity: my younger sister went to America to visit my older sister (who lives in Boston). Before my older sister took my younger sister back to the airport to catch the flight to London, they popped into their local corner shop or something (it was run by Mexicans, whatever the place was) and they had some Catholic items, including a lovely green candle for St Jude. So my older sister bought it for me and sent it to me via younger sister :awesome:

Yay for candles!

Also, I think the multi-quote button works - try that :yep:

Umm... I think the last post I made was the one where I said I had a new job :colondollar:
Original post by Aula
Yay for candles!

Also, I think the multi-quote button works - try that :yep:

Umm... I think the last post I made was the one where I said I had a new job :colondollar:

The multiquote button is the one I usually use but today it only works half the time. Think my laptop has a bug :sad:

Oooh I think I did read that post :yep:
Reply 7398
The multiquote button is the one I usually use but today it only works half the time. Think my laptop has a bug :sad:

Oooh I think I did read that post :yep:

Probably TSR that's broke, tbh.

I've started using the app even more now 'cause quote actually works with that!
:teehee:

Oooh btw, extra prayer request: doing a conference paper on Monday. Prayers that I don't drop everything/fall over/get too nervous would be good :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending