The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 6GP03 June 2015 Topic B: Introducing Political Ideologies

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by S4LM4N
In the Heywood book I can't even find info needed for certain questions.. How do you guys overcome this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Heywood book has certain core values, for example, tradition for conservatism, split into paragraphs. These paragraphs can form your argument for a 15 marker which needs 3 points, so for tradition, the paragraphs are based on religious faith, wisdom of the past and identity. If you look the the mark schemes, the indicative content is basically the theories in the Heywood book. Hope that helps!
Hi can someone explain the difference in liberalism between positive and negative rights? not freedom, rights.
Original post by aamann
The Heywood book has certain core values, for example, tradition for conservatism, split into paragraphs. These paragraphs can form your argument for a 15 marker which needs 3 points, so for tradition, the paragraphs are based on religious faith, wisdom of the past and identity. If you look the the mark schemes, the indicative content is basically the theories in the Heywood book. Hope that helps!

What about the 45 marker?
I've noticed that everyone is using the Heywood book, we're using the small edexcel textbooks - do they have any extra information?
Original post by A_katherine
I've noticed that everyone is using the Heywood book, we're using the small edexcel textbooks - do they have any extra information?

afraid so
Original post by Toto123
afraid so

What else do they have?
Whenever I've given essays in/compared them i'm getting A/A*'s so I'm just wondering that there can't be much more I'm missing?
What else do they have?
Whenever I've given essays in/compared them i'm getting A/A*'s so I'm just wondering that there can't be much more I'm missing?

wow wish i could say the same

Any tips? You know the 15 marker....do you just use the themes from the heywood book to answer them...E.G Freedom, Individualism, reason etc?

I really need to do well in this exam.
Original post by xxvine
wow wish i could say the same

Any tips? You know the 15 marker....do you just use the themes from the heywood book to answer them...E.G Freedom, Individualism, reason etc?

I really need to do well in this exam.

I'm not using the Hayward book so I wouldn't know.
For 15 markers its just about learning the key 'points' I find - the examiners report on EDEXCEL is the most helpful thing I personally found.

I, personally, found the 15 markers to be slighter harder as you do need refined information. But just make sure you make 15 points and make sure it LINKS TO THE QUESTION - I found so many people in the examiners reports went off an a tangent and one talked about individualism in a constitutional question, which ins't needed at all.

I've planned out for literally every 15 marker there is - as they are always repeated.
I'm not using the Hayward book so I wouldn't know.
For 15 markers its just about learning the key 'points' I find - the examiners report on EDEXCEL is the most helpful thing I personally found.

I, personally, found the 15 markers to be slighter harder as you do need refined information. But just make sure you make 15 points and make sure it LINKS TO THE QUESTION - I found so many people in the examiners reports went off an a tangent and one talked about individualism in a constitutional question, which ins't needed at all.

I've planned out for literally every 15 marker there is - as they are always repeated.

For the 15 markers its 3 points right?
do you use quotes?
Original post by xxvine
For the 15 markers its 3 points right?
do you use quotes?

I usually just make as many points as possible.
Yes, where I can I always use quotes (luckily these were drilled into us by out teacher so I remember them well)
I usually just make as many points as possible.
Yes, where I can I always use quotes (luckily these were drilled into us by out teacher so I remember them well)

Okay feel like I dont know enough
Original post by xxvine
Okay feel like I dont know enough

I must admit some of the 15 markers don't have a lot of content - you've really got to explain your points. But look on the examiners reports - they're so helpful for extra information.

I must admit i find the only ideology I am confident with is liberalism!
I must admit some of the 15 markers don't have a lot of content - you've really got to explain your points. But look on the examiners reports - they're so helpful for extra information.

I must admit i find the only ideology I am confident with is liberalism!

Okay can you explain libertarian to me
i feel like im confused
they differ from the neo conservatives right?
Finally feeling better about this exam, I spent yesterday and Saturday writing a detailed plan for every single possible question for anarchism, liberalism and conservatism. Wrote them all on to flash cards so they're easier to carry on, just going to continuously go over these plans. Hopefully they will get me a B!
I don't suppose you could photocopy those flash cards? :biggrin: I'd be forever grateful, really need to do well in this exam! I'll buy you a drink or something :smile:
Original post by will5190
I don't suppose you could photocopy those flash cards? :biggrin: I'd be forever grateful, really need to do well in this exam! I'll buy you a drink or something :smile:

I could photograph them I guess? PM me and I'll try to send them to you!
Original post by Becky1456
Finally feeling better about this exam, I spent yesterday and Saturday writing a detailed plan for every single possible question for anarchism, liberalism and conservatism. Wrote them all on to flash cards so they're easier to carry on, just going to continuously go over these plans. Hopefully they will get me a B!

can you pose them on here
Original post by xxvine
can you pose them on here

Pm me and I'll send them on there
Reply 318
Original post by Becky1456

do you have plans for conservative's 45 markers? i find them the hardest :/ it would be so helpful :smile: thank you!
Reply 319
anyone else realised that for anarchism 45 markers, they only ask 4 type of questions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending