The Student Room Group

OCR AS Computing - F452 - 3rd June 2015

Hi everyone. Now that F451 is out of the way, I just thought I'd get the ball rolling with a thread for Wednesday's F452 paper :smile:

How is the revision going? Anyone got any useful resources?

Scroll to see replies

Absolutely hate this paper as I can't revise properly for it -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just started today.

This is going to be fun.

: )

OCR doesn't know how to organise mark schemes either it's hard to find the ones you want on their website.
Mechanics on the same day :/
Original post by -Infiniti
Mechanics on the same day :/
I've got statistics on the same day.

: )
Reply 6
I'm Hoping that its not gonna be to hard, as I do way better with F451
Reply 7
Anyone got last years paper and mark scheme?
Reply 8
Original post by bilala21
I'm Hoping that its not gonna be to hard, as I do way better with F451

It's looking like it will be, 451 was really easy.
Original post by AKC...
It's looking like it will be, 451 was really easy.

dont say that :'(
What do you guys find trickiest about F452? For me, there are less definitions to learn so I perform well on worded questions, but I make the most stupid mistakes with dry runs and writing algorithms. I repeatedly start the trace table with the wrong value and cock it all up.
Original post by ryanroks1
What do you guys find trickiest about F452? For me, there are less definitions to learn so I perform well on worded questions, but I make the most stupid mistakes with dry runs and writing algorithms. I repeatedly start the trace table with the wrong value and cock it all up.

The trickiest question I've had so far is an 8 marker about the importance of a well designed interface, it's so...
Original post by ryanroks1

mine are just making mistakes on the algorithms or pseudo code
I misinterpret the idea for the system most of the time :|
look on the bright side ... it's at 1pm
Original post by TheMathsMan
look on the bright side ... it's at 1pm

I forgot about that, so thanks for making my today slightly more bearable! :smile:
Sometimes the pseudocode is hard to analyse and read...
oh *** ... I fell asleep and wasted 3 hours of revision time
I am not happy :/
Does anyone have a list of mark scheme definitions or any good definitions as the ones in the textbook and that great thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Salient_Drive
Does anyone have a list of mark scheme definitions or any good definitions as the ones in the textbook and that great thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do .....

They're in the textbook :biggrin:
I've barely revised for this paper ..
Short term pain long term gain :|

Quick Reply