The Student Room Group

GCSE History A, International Relations, 1st June 2015

Hi, I just did the exam and I'm doubting myself. What was the year gap for question 6? :tongue:
1975-1987
Original post by karishmaramesh
1975-1987

Omg thanks sooo much, I wrote about the Apollo-Soyux Mission, phew
Reply 3
Wait what is the maximum you can get if you didn't finish the last question because I was only able to do 2 reasons and not do Mikhail Gorbachev and do a conclusion will I still be able to get an A and what will I have to do to get an A overall and what mark will I need for the next 2 exams that I do?
I'm SO glad it's over! It actually went sooo much better than I thought it would, I was preparing to go in there and burst into tears because I didn't know anything.
Reply 5
Original post by karishmaramesh
1975-1987

I remember it as 1979-87, so it wanted you to talk about invasion of Afghanistan, end of detente, second Cold War? It wouldn't be a natural break at 1975 because that was right in the middle of detente. I don't know though, could easily have misremembered ...
Original post by bdfholmes
I remember it as 1979-87, so it wanted you to talk about invasion of Afghanistan, end of detente, second Cold War? It wouldn't be a natural break at 1975 because that was right in the middle of detente. I don't know though, could easily have misremembered ...

It was definitely 1979-87 :smile:
I talked about Afghanistan, the Carter Doctrine, Ronald Reagan and Gorbechev :smile:
Reply 7

For question 3, it gave two sources, and asked about their USEFULNESS as evidence of USA's involvement in NATO's formation, right?
I gave correct points looking at CNOP, but I think I might have used the word 'reliable' rather than 'useful'. Would I lose all the marks for this 10 mark question as a result?
Please answer if you have any knowledge regarding this. Thanks!

Reply 8
Original post by RachJess4
It was definitely 1979-87 :smile:
I talked about Afghanistan, the Carter Doctrine, Ronald Reagan and Gorbechev :smile:

Same, but instead of Reagan I talked about SDI.
Reply 9
Original post by Gomulka

For question 3, it gave two sources, and asked about their USEFULNESS as evidence of USA's involvement in NATO's formation, right?
I gave correct points looking at CNOP, but I think I might have used the word 'reliable' rather than 'useful'. Would I lose all the marks for this 10 mark question as a result?
Please answer if you have any knowledge regarding this. Thanks!

Usefulness is the main question but to get full marks you do have do comment on reliability too. If you just accidentally said reliable but then explained usefulness anyway you should still get the points, as I said you really want both though.
Reply 10
Original post by Gomulka
Same, but instead of Reagan I talked about SDI.
Oh my gosh:ahee::ahee: yes! I was doubting myself sooo much. I did the SDI, Reagan and The Carter Doctrine.
Reply 11
Original post by paxman
Usefulness is the main question but to get full marks you do have do comment on reliability too. If you just accidentally said reliable but then explained usefulness anyway you should still get the points, as I said you really want both though.

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending