Great! Thank you :smile: really should have got that one >.<

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's cool man :smile:. True, but this happens to me too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2282
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
It's cool man :smile:. True, but this happens to me too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Must happen to everyone! Gonna try and redo the written section to each paper again. Had quite a lot of practice with MC, but I always lose so many marks in the written.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Must happen to everyone! Gonna try and redo the written section to each paper again. Had quite a lot of practice with MC, but I always lose so many marks in the written.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's really good. Unfortunately i don't have enough time otherwise i would do the same.
With the written part you just have to be careful with the mark scheme, take advantage of their points.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2284
That's really good. Unfortunately i don't have enough time otherwise i would do the same.
With the written part you just have to be careful with the mark scheme, take advantage of their points.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah! I'll probably just gloss over mark schemes rather than physically do the paper in timed conditions haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I reckon this year's paper will be hard. Especially the written part :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? I have a feeling that it will be slightly harder than average with regards to the multiple choice.

Hope that's not true about the written bit, that's where I try to get my marks!
Reply 2286
Original post by Adangu
Really? I have a feeling that it will be slightly harder than average with regards to the multiple choice.

Hope that's not true about the written bit, that's where I try to get my marks!

Lol the written is where I lose so many -.- praying the 6 marker is doable. It's make or break really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Lol the written is where I lose so many -.- praying the 6 marker is doable. It's make or break really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aye I hope so too!
Reply 2288
Original post by Adangu
Aye I hope so too!

What do you think it will be on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
What do you think it will be on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Transformers, magnetic fields or one that involves mechanics.

The gravity ones are always easy but, they came up pretty recently so I doubt AQA would put one on that.

What do you think?
Reply 2290
Original post by Adangu
Transformers, magnetic fields or one that involves mechanics.

The gravity ones are always easy but, they came up pretty recently so I doubt AQA would put one on that.

What do you think?

Hmm, interesting! I was thinking Simple Harmonic, or Circular Motion as I've not seen one on that topic at all!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Hmm, interesting! I was thinking Simple Harmonic, or Circular Motion as I've not seen one on that topic at all!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not a fan of SHM must admit. I think circular motion is just usually a maths question isn't it, I'm wondering what they could ask then?
Reply 2292
Original post by Adangu
Not a fan of SHM must admit. I think circular motion is just usually a maths question isn't it, I'm wondering what they could ask then?

In recent years they've bullet pointed exactly what we have to say.

With circular motion they could give us an application such as a vertical circle and we would describe how the centripetal force changes in terms of what makes it up (T-mg or mg-T etc) and things like whether work is done/what does and doesn't change and the direction of the velocity/displacement/acceleration in relation to the motion.

SHM could be an experiment with a pendulum or mass spring system like the EMPA.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Yeah! I'll probably just gloss over mark schemes rather than physically do the paper in timed conditions haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck man. Hopefully everybody will be fine with the exams :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2294
Good luck man. Hopefully everybody will be fine with the exams :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Gotta make up for the EMPA somehow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2295
How does everyone tend to tackle questions like June 2013 MC Q11?

Calculating the field strength (as the force isn't given)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll admit I guessed (and got it wrong!) first time round.
But you're looking at M/r^2 (as the mass of the satellite is the same for all of them, and G is a constant). You can assume distance from Earth to Moon and Earth to Sun to be the same as satellite to Moon and Sun, as it's in low orbit. Calculate M/r^2 for the moon and sun - the sun's is biggest so FS > FM. Then it's so close to the Earth that the Earth's must be largest (or Earth's must be largest for circular motion to happen, otherwise it would be pulled away I think?).
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

That question is very intuitive. I think it would better to think about it logically than mathematically, in terms of what's causing the orbits in the first place. So if the space shuttle is in orbit, it's in orbit around the earth "first". Then the earth along with the space shuttle are in orbit around the sun and then along with the moon. Therefore the force exerted by the earth should be greater ( because if the space shuttle were not to orbit it would fall towards the earth and not towards the moon or the sun). Then the force exerted by the sun should be next because the earth and the space shuttle are both in orbit around the sun( because if the earth were not to orbit it would fall, along with the space shuttle, towards the sun). And then moon comes last because moon is in orbit itself around the earth

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

i just thought realistically what would it be and picked A.

My teacher went and worked it out and it was A.

So could you use g=GM/r^2 ?
and then F=mg?

Sorry i have no clue, I just used common sense really, although not reliable it did save me a lot of time when doing the paper as 1-2 minutes is a lot when you think about it!
Original post by Lau14
I'll admit I guessed (and got it wrong!) first time round.
But you're looking at M/r^2 (as the mass of the satellite is the same for all of them, and G is a constant). You can assume distance from Earth to Moon and Earth to Sun to be the same as satellite to Moon and Sun, as it's in low orbit. Calculate M/r^2 for the moon and sun - the sun's is biggest so FS > FM. Then it's so close to the Earth that the Earth's must be largest (or Earth's must be largest for circular motion to happen, otherwise it would be pulled away I think?).

Yeah, that would make it exact :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending