The Student Room Group

United Airline Refuses A Muslim lady a can of Coke. #unitedfortahera

Scroll to see replies

The waitress should have opened it and poured it straight into a plastic glass, to avoid shizz like this.
That's what you get for carrying drugs on planes
Reply 3
Firstly, the title of the thread is misleading. Secondly, this is routine at venues such as football stadiums. Thirdly, why does the lady, and the OP, assume this is a case of religious discrimination?
I do not believe her story!
Reply 5
Original post by ATW1
Firstly, the title of the thread is misleading. Secondly, this is routine at venues such as football stadiums. Thirdly, why does the lady, and the OP, assume this is a case of religious discrimination?

have u read the whole thing.

Original post by TechnoHead
That's what you get for carrying drugs on planes

You mean a headscarf. Thanks for that comment

Original post by Skip_Snip
The waitress should have opened it and poured it straight into a plastic glass, to avoid shizz like this.

I was thinking that also

Original post by BrightBlueLight
I do not believe her story!
b'coz she's a muslim. I understand.
Of all the things that never happened, this never happened the most.
Original post by moneus

You mean a headscarf. Thanks for that comment

I was thinking that also

b'coz she's a muslim. I understand.

Sorry i use awful jokes when I read something as distressing as this
Reply 8
Original post by somemightsay888
Of all the things that never happened, this never happened the most.

so United spokesman Charles Hobart is making sh1t up.

Original post by TechnoHead
Sorry i use awful jokes when I read something as distressing as this

Am sorry too, I i didn't realize the joke. Anyways crab a popcorn and watch how many arrogant people call her a liar, whore, camel piss drinking, terrorist etc etc
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by moneus

Yes, but I am talking about the main issue of the can of coke and accusations of discrimination against the waitress, which I believe are unfounded.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moneus
so United spokesman Charles Hobart is making sh1t up.

Am sorry too, I i didn't realize the joke. Anyways crab a popcorn and watch how many arrogant people call her a liar, whore, camel piss drinking, terrorist etc etc

Its a shame no one on the plane helped her, home of the brave my ass
Reply 11
Original post by ATW1
Yes, but I am talking about the main issue of the can of coke and accusations of discrimination against the waitress, which I believe are unfounded.

Posted from TSR Mobile

the air stewardess was following orders just like the soldiers under Hitler.
Why couldn't she defend herself?

Why was she waiting for someone to step in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Disgusting that they tried to dismiss it and nobody spoke out against the discrimination. 'Using it as a weapon' lmfao. #justicefortahera
Original post by DiddyDec
Why couldn't she defend herself?

Why was she waiting for someone to step in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because you would think someone would speak out against discrimination or wrongdoing if they saw it or is it only when it suits their agenda?
Original post by queen-bee
Because you would think someone would speak out against discrimination or wrongdoing if they saw it or is it only when it suits their agenda?

I wouldn't expect anything from complete strangers.

Still doesn't explain why she didn't defend herself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That is really sad and discriminatory, what is wrong with having an unopened can of coke? surely, you can't use that as a weapon? what is a can of coke going to do? blow up the plane? I don't think so.

People are to quick to judge these days, women wearing a headscarf does not mean that they are dangerous.
Perhaps the flight attendant could have brought the woman the can of coke and opened it in front of her, that way she will not feel any concern about hygiene etc, that would have been a better approach imo.
My skeptical sense is tingling...

Nevertheless, regarding what the stewardess did, that's actually a common airline practice precisely because 'pressurized containers' can be a hazard. If the stewardess did indeed give a man next to her an unopened can as Ms Ahmad claims, that was the breach of airline conduct (albeit minor). The stewardess's choice of words was poor (she apologized afterwards) which prompted a reaction from Ms Ahmad, fueled by her belief of potentially being stereotyped. She did get a can of coke in the end if you read the full story. Furthermore, the airline apologized, offered her assistance in making the complaint, and took the accusation seriously, making the boycott of the airline she later called for quite over the top.

As for what the other passenger allegedly said, the airline was not responsible for that.
Reply 19
Original post by German123
Perhaps the flight attendant could have brought the woman the can of coke and opened it in front of her, that way she will not feel any concern about hygiene etc, that would have been a better approach imo.

All Muslim who from this on forth order anything that potentially can(not) be used as a weapon. Should be treated different from other human beings. Because she is a muslim and as that one guy said "You Moslem you need to shut the f**** up!"

Spoiler

Original post by Dandaman1
My skeptical sense is tingling...Nevertheless, regarding what the stewardess did, that's actually a common airline practice precisely because 'pressurized containers' can be a hazard. If the stewardess did indeed give a man next to her an unopened can as Ms Ahmad claims, that was the breach of airline conduct (albeit minor). The stewardess's choice of words was poor (she apologized afterwards) which prompted a reaction from Ms Ahmad, fueled by her belief of potentially being stereotyped. She did get a can of coke in the end if you read the full story. Furthermore, the airline apologized, offered her assistance in making the complaint, and took the accusation seriously, making the boycott of the airline she later called for quite over the top.As for what the other passenger allegedly said, the airline was not responsible for that.
I wish u was there when my jewish brother had their window shops smashed in by people who had the skeptical senses tingling
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending