moneus
Badges: 5
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Skip_Snip
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The waitress should have opened it and poured it straight into a plastic glass, to avoid shizz like this.
TechnoHead
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's what you get for carrying drugs on planes
ATW1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Firstly, the title of the thread is misleading. Secondly, this is routine at venues such as football stadiums. Thirdly, why does the lady, and the OP, assume this is a case of religious discrimination?
BrightBlueLight
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I do not believe her story!
moneus
(Original post by ATW1)
Firstly, the title of the thread is misleading. Secondly, this is routine at venues such as football stadiums. Thirdly, why does the lady, and the OP, assume this is a case of religious discrimination?
have u read the whole thing.

(Original post by TechnoHead)
That's what you get for carrying drugs on planes
You mean a headscarf. Thanks for that comment

(Original post by Skip_Snip)
The waitress should have opened it and poured it straight into a plastic glass, to avoid shizz like this.
I was thinking that also

(Original post by BrightBlueLight)
I do not believe her story!
b'coz she's a muslim. I understand.
somemightsay888
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Of all the things that never happened, this never happened the most.
TechnoHead
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by moneus)

You mean a headscarf. Thanks for that comment

I was thinking that also

b'coz she's a muslim. I understand.
Sorry i use awful jokes when I read something as distressing as this
moneus
(Original post by somemightsay888)
Of all the things that never happened, this never happened the most.
so United spokesman Charles Hobart is making sh1t up.

(Original post by TechnoHead)
Sorry i use awful jokes when I read something as distressing as this
Am sorry too, I i didn't realize the joke. Anyways crab a popcorn and watch how many arrogant people call her a liar, whore, camel piss drinking, terrorist etc etc
ATW1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes, but I am talking about the main issue of the can of coke and accusations of discrimination against the waitress, which I believe are unfounded.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TechnoHead
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
so United spokesman Charles Hobart is making sh1t up.

Am sorry too, I i didn't realize the joke. Anyways crab a popcorn and watch how many arrogant people call her a liar, whore, camel piss drinking, terrorist etc etc
Its a shame no one on the plane helped her, home of the brave my ass
moneus
(Original post by ATW1)
Yes, but I am talking about the main issue of the can of coke and accusations of discrimination against the waitress, which I believe are unfounded.

Posted from TSR Mobile
the air stewardess was following orders just like the soldiers under Hitler.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why couldn't she defend herself?

Why was she waiting for someone to step in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
queen-bee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Disgusting that they tried to dismiss it and nobody spoke out against the discrimination. 'Using it as a weapon' lmfao. #justicefortahera
queen-bee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
Why couldn't she defend herself?

Why was she waiting for someone to step in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because you would think someone would speak out against discrimination or wrongdoing if they saw it or is it only when it suits their agenda?
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by queen-bee)
Because you would think someone would speak out against discrimination or wrongdoing if they saw it or is it only when it suits their agenda?
I wouldn't expect anything from complete strangers.

Still doesn't explain why she didn't defend herself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
German123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That is really sad and discriminatory, what is wrong with having an unopened can of coke? surely, you can't use that as a weapon? what is a can of coke going to do? blow up the plane? I don't think so.

People are to quick to judge these days, women wearing a headscarf does not mean that they are dangerous.
German123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Perhaps the flight attendant could have brought the woman the can of coke and opened it in front of her, that way she will not feel any concern about hygiene etc, that would have been a better approach imo.
username521617
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My skeptical sense is tingling...

Nevertheless, regarding what the stewardess did, that's actually a common airline practice precisely because 'pressurized containers' can be a hazard. If the stewardess did indeed give a man next to her an unopened can as Ms Ahmad claims, that was the breach of airline conduct (albeit minor). The stewardess's choice of words was poor (she apologized afterwards) which prompted a reaction from Ms Ahmad, fueled by her belief of potentially being stereotyped. She did get a can of coke in the end if you read the full story. Furthermore, the airline apologized, offered her assistance in making the complaint, and took the accusation seriously, making the boycott of the airline she later called for quite over the top.

As for what the other passenger allegedly said, the airline was not responsible for that.
moneus
(Original post by German123)
Perhaps the flight attendant could have brought the woman the can of coke and opened it in front of her, that way she will not feel any concern about hygiene etc, that would have been a better approach imo.

All Muslim who from this on forth order anything that potentially can(not) be used as a weapon. Should be treated different from other human beings. Because she is a muslim and as that one guy said "You Moslem you need to shut the f**** up!"
Spoiler:
Show
the muslim faks want to be treated WITHOUT discriminations. C'mon that's asking a bit too much, don't u think?

(Original post by Dandaman1)
My skeptical sense is tingling...Nevertheless, regarding what the stewardess did, that's actually a common airline practice precisely because 'pressurized containers' can be a hazard. If the stewardess did indeed give a man next to her an unopened can as Ms Ahmad claims, that was the breach of airline conduct (albeit minor). The stewardess's choice of words was poor (she apologized afterwards) which prompted a reaction from Ms Ahmad, fueled by her belief of potentially being stereotyped. She did get a can of coke in the end if you read the full story. Furthermore, the airline apologized, offered her assistance in making the complaint, and took the accusation seriously, making the boycott of the airline she later called for quite over the top.As for what the other passenger allegedly said, the airline was not responsible for that.
I wish u was there when my jewish brother had their window shops smashed in by people who had the skeptical senses tingling
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.03%
They might tell the bully (35)
9.46%
I don't think they'd understand (56)
15.14%
It might lead to more bullying (144)
38.92%
There's nothing they could do (109)
29.46%

Watched Threads