The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ParadoxSocks
Went to the doctors this morning to be told I've torn something in my groin and it's 4 to 6 weeks healing time.

I have to not move much at all for the first few days and then it's gentle movement after that.

Not like I have a placement to finish or anything. Had to have today off because I can barely move and doctor suggested tomorrow off too. Everything sucks and I hate it.

Did get an extension on that awful essay I submitted last week though.

get well soon and well done for completing the trek!

And my own current musings- don't you just hate it when you find something annoying you shouldn't do

Spoiler

Kinda been productive today, rinsed the clothes i forgot to hangout to be able to put them out, and put another load in the wash!
Thats the peak of my productivity atm :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I suck at crutches and I hate being reliant on everyone for stuff.

I'm in such a funk at the moment :frown:
I suck at crutches and I hate being reliant on everyone for stuff.

I'm in such a funk at the moment :frown:

Can you weight bear slightly? I cant use crutches to save my life, but when i need them for my knee i use them to help weight bear

:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Can you weight bear slightly? I cant use crutches to save my life, but when i need them for my knee i use them to help weight bear

:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can just about coordinate the stepping action and the crutches. My mother-in-law is laughing at me which is great when I already feel absolutely rotten.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can just about coordinate the stepping action and the crutches. My mother-in-law is laughing at me which is great when I already feel absolutely rotten.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You will get better at it, i suggest bandaging up the handles and even shoving a trainer sock on each handle, they WILL kill your hands! On mine i have special self sticky bandage and tubi grip to give comfort!

Puppy dog will give cuddles though wont he?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
You will get better at it, i suggest bandaging up the handles and even shoving a trainer sock on each handle, they WILL kill your hands! On mine i have special self sticky bandage and tubi grip to give comfort!

Puppy dog will give cuddles though wont he?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll go and get them all padded up when I next go to pee.

Wilf hasn't left my side all day. He's been napping on my leg :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll go and get them all padded up when I next go to pee.

Wilf hasn't left my side all day. He's been napping on my leg :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

You will regret not padding if you dont! I was on them for 2 weeks and even with padding it was hurty at times!

Nawwwwwww thats the only plus side to when your ill when you have pets!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied to be a mod a few days ago, does anyone know how long it takes to hear back?
Original post by CescaD96
I applied to be a mod a few days ago, does anyone know how long it takes to hear back?

They're currently making a lot of changes to the jobs that mods do and trying to iron out the problems so I would say it might take longer than usual right now to hear back. I think I heard back in like 10 days.

Good luck! :five: And huge well done on the exam. FREEDOM!!!
Original post by Sabertooth
They're currently making a lot of changes to the jobs that mods do and trying to iron out the problems so I would say it might take longer than usual right now to hear back. I think I heard back in like 10 days.

I didn't hear back for like 4 months :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
I didn't hear back for like 4 months :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow, that is a long time!

I applied when they were actually actively recruiting so maybe that partly explains the time difference? :dontknow:

That's alright then. I was just wondering. :smile: I don't mind when they get back to me, as long as they do.

Thank you. I can't wait for freedom.
Oh wow, that is a long time!

I applied when they were actually actively recruiting so maybe that partly explains the time difference? :dontknow:

maybe i should have taken it as a hint they didn't want me :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by superwolf
Gave up my job offer - think it was the right thing to do since I'm not doing well either mentally or physically, but still feels bad. :frown:

:hugs: It sounds like a difficult decision but I think you've done the right thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's not true at all. :nah:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If they didn't want you, they wouldn't have accepted you. Don't worry about it because you're doing a brilliant job.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If they didn't want you, they wouldn't have accepted you. Don't worry about it because you're doing a brilliant job.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Like meeeeee :party:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reading my 16 points again. They are horrible.
Does anyone on this thread know someone with adhd? Can you tell me how you view them? As in their personality and if there symptoms annoy you, please be honest

Latest