The Student Room Group

AQA History exam - 1st June 2015

That exam was a gift from heaven. I did topics 3, 4 and 5 and i thought that most of the questions were pretty good and i managed to write a lot and keep to the time. pretty good for an exam I was totally dreading. How did everyone else find it? what questions did you think were the hardest?
Reply 1
I also did topic 3, however I did it last because I also did topics 1&2. I LOVED the source and the 4-marker on topic 3, but kinda struggled on the essay just because it was the last question and i was running out of time.
I actually liked the paper overall, I thought it was fine.
I did topics 2, 3 and 4 and i agree, was a great paper! I struggled most on the Origins of the Cold war 6 marker about the Hungarian uprising but apart from that was pretty good :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by mughushed
I did topics 2, 3 and 4 and i agree, was a great paper! I struggled most on the Origins of the Cold war 6 marker about the Hungarian uprising but apart from that was pretty good :smile:

What kind of thing did you put for the potsdam/atom bomb 10 marker
Original post by Segsation
What kind of thing did you put for the potsdam/atom bomb 10 marker

i described the agreements at Potsdam (e.g. occupation zones finalised, Polish government to be recognised) and also the disagreements, then I explained by saying how the conference was the 'foundation' of the cold war and paved the way for the rest of it. For the atomic bomb i described what happened and how it increased mistrust between the superpowers and a war of words had become a war of nuclear weaponry. I said the atomic bomb was the most responsible for causing the Cold War! :smile:
Reply 5
Can I ask what you put down for the league of nations four marker, absolutely hated that question. I've been getting responses from different people on it.
Original post by H_Ax123
Can I ask what you put down for the league of nations four marker, absolutely hated that question. I've been getting responses from different people on it.

oh my god i thought i was the only person who struggled with it wtaf people were complaining about the six marker it was so easy my friends said they listed the powers the league had (economic sanctions, no army but able to borrow army's from the two council powers of britian and france, the international organization of health etc..)

I began to list the league's powers to settle disputes and I gave an example of the Aaland islands and I also listed the international organization of heath and how they freed 500,000 prisoners of war and encouraged disarmament I ran out of ideas so i struggled wish i have revised the league more
Economic sanctions, solve disputes (international court of justice), stop trade, help with working conditions, you didn't need to put an example, because it was 4 marks but its fine if you did because it asked about the powers, so what they could do :-)

Original post by abbieayinde
oh my god i thought i was the only person who struggled with it wtaf people were complaining about the six marker it was so easy my friends said they listed the powers the league had (economic sanctions, no army but able to borrow army's from the two council powers of britian and france, the international organization of health etc..)

I began to list the league's powers to settle disputes and I gave an example of the Aaland islands and I also listed the international organization of heath and how they freed 500,000 prisoners of war and encouraged disarmament I ran out of ideas so i struggled wish i have revised the league more

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending