The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA schools history project history A - Medicine through time

So the medicine through time exam was today. Just to clarify I am talking about the paper with three sections where section A was Public health with sources, section B was surgery with the option of question 3 or 4 and section C was disease and infection with the option of question 5 or 6. (I know there are a lot of different AQA Papers so I just wanted to make sure everyone's talking about the same one)

So how did you find the paper? I think source A was confusing as it linked more to disease and infection than public health. I thought sections B and C were good though - Hippocrates and Jenner was perfect! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
i thought the paper was fairly easy and the question on Jenner and Hippocrates was great, what did you write about for question 1 D about public health through time and the factor of government? :smile:
Reply 2
I found it fairly easy compared to the other past papers we've done although i did find section A confusing - i wrote about disease and infection for the first source question so i dont know if i will have picked up any marks for that question :frown:
Original post by mlb71
I found it fairly easy compared to the other past papers we've done although i did find section A confusing - i wrote about disease and infection for the first source question so i dont know if i will have picked up any marks for that question :frown:

Yeah I did the same!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Johnp1144
i thought the paper was fairly easy and the question on Jenner and Hippocrates was great, what did you write about for question 1 D about public health through time and the factor of government? :smile:

For government I wrote about Rome, Middle Ages and Bazalgette and the sewer system I also wrote a bit about source c. For other factors I did science and technology where I wrote about germ theory and John Snow I did key individuals where I wrote about Octavia Hill and Edwin Chadwick. In the conclusion I put government was most important as they have the money and power to change PH. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone ask for extra paper as I did and was give. this link sheet thing but I couldn't find the paper reference number to fill in the boxes??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yellowgiraffe28
Did anyone ask for extra paper as I did and was give. this link sheet thing but I couldn't find the paper reference number to fill in the boxes??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was given extra paper yeah, but it was just lined paper, and the invigilator just told me to put my name on it?..
Reply 7
I asked for paper and the invigilator said no.

I totally agree about source a relating more to disease and infection!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by georgielangler
I was given extra paper yeah, but it was just lined paper, and the invigilator just told me to put my name on it?..

That's what I expected to be given but no it was this pink AQA paper thing where you had to fill in date, paper reference, center number and candidate number. Then there was lines in a box for you to write on?? Weird.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rache11a
I asked for paper and the invigilator said no.

I totally agree about source a relating more to disease and infection!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's weird, I thought if they gave some schools extra paper they would have to give all schools paper? Yeah source A completely threw me :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's weird, I thought if they gave some schools extra paper they would have to give all schools paper? Yeah source A completely threw me :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

Our school told us it was definitely going to be public health though, which was really good. Ahh well at least it's over now, is anyone doing Germany next week? Or AQA English Language tomorrow?
I didnt read the questions properly, i was placed in my own room for the exam due to a broken Coccyx and anxiety. Im not usually a sufferer of anxiety unless we talk exams. One asks for how the sources suggested things, the other one was how it actually helped. Ygm? When Edward Jenner came up i also started talking about Louis Pasteur. Im soooo going to fail this 😭 anyone doing American west on the 10th
For government I wrote about Rome, Middle Ages and Bazalgette and the sewer system I also wrote a bit about source c. For other factors I did science and technology where I wrote about germ theory and John Snow I did key individuals where I wrote about Octavia Hill and Edwin Chadwick. In the conclusion I put government was most important as they have the money and power to change PH. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
oh god. I forgot to explain the factors 😭 what a dummy i am
Original post by gemmaward
I didnt read the questions properly, i was placed in my own room for the exam due to a broken Coccyx and anxiety. Im not usually a sufferer of anxiety unless we talk exams. One asks for how the sources suggested things, the other one was how it actually helped. Ygm? When Edward Jenner came up i also started talking about Louis Pasteur. Im soooo going to fail this 😭 anyone doing American west on the 10th

I'm sure you didn't do as bad as you think! Good luck with american west, I'm doing Nazi Germany instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by georgielangler
Our school told us it was definitely going to be public health though, which was really good. Ahh well at least it's over now, is anyone doing Germany next week? Or AQA English Language tomorrow?

My school just told us it was most likely to be public health - and I'm so glad it was as I practiced the factors question the day before! I'm doing Nazi Germany next week, feeling more confident as I have only just finished learning the course content so its still fresh in my head! Good luck with,English Lang.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you. Good luck everyone

Quick Reply

Latest