The Student Room Group

OCR Business Studies Unit 3 (A293) Case Study Help and Predictions???

Hi guys on TSR. As the title says, I need help help with the Holden plc. and Bromley Furnishings Case Study. How do you suggest I revise and do you have any predictions for the paper on Friday 5th June, 2015?! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! :smile: :wink:
I'm doing this exam aswell lol anyway...
Even though you're going to get given the A293 Case Study, you have to make sure you understand it really well. Make sure you have a great knowledge upon Holden and what he does. Read through this several times.. and try to discuss it with someone imagine analyzing it and think of advantages and disadvantages for each paragraph in there here you go.. I've attached it also so you can take a look Good luck and please If you find anything make sure to tell me.... :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Does anyone have a past paper for this exam that they would like to share??
Reply 3
Original post by mahmoud786
I'm doing this exam aswell lol anyway...
Even though you're going to get given the A293 Case Study, you have to make sure you understand it really well. Make sure you have a great knowledge upon Holden and what he does. Read through this several times.. and try to discuss it with someone imagine analyzing it and think of advantages and disadvantages for each paragraph in there here you go.. I've attached it also so you can take a look Good luck and please If you find anything make sure to tell me.... :smile:

Thanks bro. I have also looked at the specification here: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/71415-specification.pdf

I think this will help you to understand what you need for the exam and especially what the examiners are looking for. Other than that, I am still looking for more help. This exam is worth 50% of the final grade and I want an A* in this. Your help is much appreciated! :smile: Thanks.
Reply 4
Original post by RahhComments
Does anyone have a past paper for this exam that they would like to share??

There are no past papers for this case study so you can't really get exam practice for this. You just have to know the case study really well and know all of the advantages and disadvantages for everything in the case study. Just keep going through it over and over again in depth and make sure you know all of it. Make notes and revision cards as it may help you remember things. That's all I know really and don't know anything else that we can do.
Original post by Talz_99
Thanks bro. I have also looked at the specification here: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/71415-specification.pdf

I think this will help you to understand what you need for the exam and especially what the examiners are looking for. Other than that, I am still looking for more help. This exam is worth 50% of the final grade and I want an A* in this. Your help is much appreciated! :smile: Thanks.

No problem bro lol, I also forgot to mention that I even though this case study is unique from the case study of the past year, still there is an app called "Gojimo" really useful for pretty much and subject it's got GCSE's and A-levels and more you just choose your subject and your exam board so surprisingly for business it says A291, A292, A293... and so you can sort quiz yourself on the basic things on A293 Good luck i just want to pass I've never passed business but all I really want is a pass I mean seriously it would be great to get an A but I'll probably not experience that feeling because my teacher hasn't taught me anything and I pretty much don't anything at all but I still like helping others :smile: I know it probably seems sarcastic because I'm trying to help others even though I know nothing myself but anyway I hope you get good grades I wish i can experience that feeling I mean personally I've never got an A before I've only ever got 3B's in my life that's the maximum :frown: and anyway here you go I found a few thing for you for Holden PLC it ay help you :smile:

[url="http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/resources?q=&level_id["]=gcse&subject_id[]=business_studies&board_id[]=ocr&topic[]=Business+case+studies "]http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/resources?q=&level_id[]=gcse&subject_id[]=business_studies&board_id[]=ocr&topic[]=Business+case+studies

And btw just in case anyone else wants to access this you need "TheStudentRoom" account to access it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Don't worry man I'm sure you'll get an A. The A292 was actually pretty easy so I'm hoping this one will be similar
Original post by RahhComments
Don't worry man I'm sure you'll get an A. The A292 was actually pretty easy so I'm hoping this one will be similar

Safe But that's the thing that worries me the most... that everyone came out of that exam saying it was soooo easy except me some paying thought they were so smart they were like "ahh you only need general knowledge for that exam" anyway Thank you your support is much appreciated.. :/
Oh my god, guysssssssssssss I was so stressed before the exam as I ran in just in time for it because I was going to be late then like 20 mins or so later my alarm for my phone went off in this exam what shall I do :frown: I'm so worried the teachers told me to just carry on the exam though so....? And my phone was in my jacket pocket although I was sitting all the way at the front of the gym whilst my coat was all the way at the back, so I don't see how on earth I could have possibly cheated if that's what they think but yeah? What would OCR do? Will this be a problem? Would OCR disqualify me or will it be ok?

Quick Reply

Latest