The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by twelfthnight
No don't worry! I only had about 35 mins of interview in total, both at Merton. The first 15 minute interview was on my personal statement and that alone until the interviewer told me about his research and I had to answer a question based on that. I thought I did dreadfully because I didn't feel pushed and everyone had told me that you only get if they push you. In hindsight this is silly and not true! The second interview felt more typical, based on my written work and A2 course. I didn't know what to make of them, but of course tried to read in to everything that happened! :smile:

Okay, they seem quite relaxed which is good. Just need to make sure I know everything I put on my PS inside out! Thanks again :biggrin:
Original post by antigone-
Okay, they seem quite relaxed which is good. Just need to make sure I know everything I put on my PS inside out! Thanks again :biggrin:

Well make sure you do know it but they can always introduce a new idea - and don't worry if that happens, so long as you have a good idea of things in the statement/A2 course they won't expect you to be an expert :smile: feel free to ask, haha I don't mind :tongue:
Picking a college is so hard, they all sound so good :lol:
Original post by thechemistress

This!!

I'll probably go for one of the most central ones because I'm lazy :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by enaayrah
I'll probably go for the one of the most central ones because I'm lazy :tongue:

Balliol is super central- it's basically in the centre of town :lol: go with that xD
Balliol is super central- it's basically in the centre of town :lol: go with that xD

:lol: I'll have a look

Are you applying to Oxford now?!
What other Unis are you guys thinking about?
I like LSE, Warwick, York and maybe Essex/Royal Holloway as a backup :smile:

Imperial, St Andrews, UCL and Manchester :smile:
What other Unis are you guys thinking about?
I like LSE, Warwick, York and maybe Essex/Royal Holloway as a backup :smile:

My other choices are Durham, Bristol, Edinburgh and Glasgow.

Think I might have messed up my chances at Oxford for biomedical sciences with my disaster of a biology exam today though :frown:
I'm still debating whether I should put a 'backup' because I would be disappointed if I didn't get into a RG uni
Essex has an amazing politics course which rivals some of the best Unis, but I don't know if I would feel as happy there.. I guess I still have open days to look at
I go to loads of programmes at UCL but it doesn't offer the course I want :/ really sucks :frown:
I would like to stay in London but only LSE does politics and history, unless I applied for a straight politics course at King's or Queen Mary's
Would it be ill advised to apply for 4 history and politics courses and one single honour politics? My PS would obviously be tailored for both history and politics so it may not be good enough for a plain Politics course :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Medicine, but I know how competitive it is. Politics is interesting though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Edminzodo
Are you applying to Oxford now?!

Currently undecided, but maybe, yeah xD
Original post by mickeydelmonte
Medicine, but I know how competitive it is. Politics is interesting though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Be careful where you apply for Politics if you're thinking of it.. LSE and Oxford Politics courses (PPE and Government+IR in particular) almost rival Medicine in competitiveness

Generally not half as competitive though :tongue:
Currently undecided, but maybe, yeah xD

Don't worry I think I failed the UMS for Cambridge as well. I might apply to Oxford :biggrin:
Original post by -Gifted-
Don't worry I think I failed the UMS for Cambridge as well. I might apply to Oxford :biggrin:

Haha, half the Cambridge thread is going to end up on here :lol:
I'm still debating whether I should put a 'backup' because I would be disappointed if I didn't get into a RG uni
Essex has an amazing politics course which rivals some of the best Unis, but I don't know if I would feel as happy there.. I guess I still have open days to look at
I go to loads of programmes at UCL but it doesn't offer the course I want :/ really sucks :frown:
I would like to stay in London but only LSE does politics and history, unless I applied for a straight politics course at King's or Queen Mary's
Would it be ill advised to apply for 4 history and politics courses and one single honour politics? My PS would obviously be tailored for both history and politics so it may not be good enough for a plain Politics course :frown:

Could you steer more towards the history of politics in your PS? I'm applying for 4 different subjects (biomedical science, medical microbiology, infectious diseases and virology) so I'm steering mine more towards my interest in infection and immunity, particularly when the infection is viral (which is something they cover in all the subjects).
Just try to find some common ground! :biggrin:
Original post by lnstrumentality
Could you steer more towards the history of politics in your PS? I'm applying for 4 different subjects (biomedical science, medical microbiology, infectious diseases and virology) so I'm steering mine more towards my interest in infection and immunity, particularly when the infection is viral (which is something they cover in all the subjects).
Just try to find some common ground! :biggrin:

Ahh good advice, thank you! (Your choices sound really interesting btw, good luck! :smile: )
I'm currently thinking:
Oxford - History and Politics
LSE - Government and Politics
Warwick - History and Politics
King's/Queen Mary's - Politics
Essex - Modern History and Politics

But results day may change this completely :colondollar:
Haha, half the Cambridge thread is going to end up on here :lol:

I'm sure you guys all did better than expected but even so, there are worse second choices than Oxford :wink:
Ahh good advice, thank you! (Your choices sound really interesting btw, good luck! :smile: )
I'm currently thinking:
Oxford - History and Politics
LSE - Government and Politics
Warwick - History and Politics
King's/Queen Mary's - Politics
Essex - Modern History and Politics

But results day may change this completely :colondollar:

Good luck to you too!
After my performance in today's biology exam, by the time results day comes about I could be off this thread :redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending