The Student Room Group

AQA French A2 2015 [Unit 3]

Scroll to see replies

I need an A to get into university (Bath to do Modern languages) and because I got a low B last year I know it won't happen, I'm petrified! :frown:
i'm doing madagascar for my essay just wondering if anyone else is? i have two weeks till my exam any tips???
Original post by helen945
I'm doing Les Choristes too, and Jacques Prevert - have you chosen one that you think you will definitely do for the essay or will you just revise both and see what comes up? I'm really worried about the essay :/

I'm pretty sure I'll do Les Chroistes but I'll revise L'Avare just in case the metteur en scรจne questions are terrible. I know, the trouble with the essays is that the titles have to apply to so many possible things that they could easily not be great for the thing you studied :afraid: Which do you think you'll do for the essay?
Original post by oops...
I'm pretty sure I'll do Les Chroistes but I'll revise L'Avare just in case the metteur en scรจne questions are terrible. I know, the trouble with the essays is that the titles have to apply to so many possible things that they could easily not be great for the thing you studied :afraid: Which do you think you'll do for the essay?

Good idea... Exactly! I've purposely tried doing practice essays with the harder questions in case a hard one comes up but they are so awful! I think I'll do Prevert - I think there is more to say with the techniques/ideas/themes etc, but we did so much on Barratier so at least I could potentially do a question on that one if the poem questions are too hard. How are you revising?
Any guesses for what the essay questions could be for the book, I feel like there's not v much they can ask
I think it will be a difficult one, like comparing two characters. Let's hope for an open ended one!
Reply 106
La Haine people, what do you think the essay could be on?
My teacher has predicted a question about messages in the book Le Petit Prince, I hope it comes up!
Original post by helen945
Good idea... Exactly! I've purposely tried doing practice essays with the harder questions in case a hard one comes up but they are so awful! I think I'll do Prevert - I think there is more to say with the techniques/ideas/themes etc, but we did so much on Barratier so at least I could potentially do a question on that one if the poem questions are too hard. How are you revising?

At the moment I'm mostly doing vocab for the translation but I'm going to do practice essays, essay plans, and just general note-making. I'm not sure what else there is to do for the essay other than that
Doing Les Choristes as my essay my only favourite question is on themes and techniques but probably wont have it that easy this year! Translation sentences are a nightmare i use the correct tense etc but its always small things that catch me out! speaking is my strong point so hopefully i've picked up a good grade in my speaking because I will definitely need it come results day lol!
Original post by madshaidee
I think it will be a difficult one, like comparing two characters. Let's hope for an open ended one!

That's come up before, but I wouldn't mind it, un sac de billes works quite well for that question. Bonne chance!
Original post by paigeloc
My teacher has predicted a question about messages in the book Le Petit Prince, I hope it comes up!

That question would be a gift
Original post by kate_maria
I found the specimen paper much easier than the actual most recent ones. But I only have about one past paper left.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please could you send me the specimen paper?
Original post by becky122
Please could you send me the specimen paper?

Yeah how can I send it.?I can't send private messages on here.
Reply 114
Original post by paigeloc

Hasn't that already come up?
Original post by Han24
Hasn't that already come up?

Themes has come up but not messages
I'm thinking there could be a question where you have to compare two extracts in the book maybe?
Original post by tom_97
La Haine people, what do you think the essay could be on?

I have a feeling its going to be on motivations for the film as techniques used came up last year. I really want techniques go come up though. I'm screwed if the effects on the audience comes up.

What do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have predictions about the question for a play/poem?

I'm focusing on L'Avare because Maupassant short stories were a bit much. It's quite annoying that last years question was on messages/themes so I'm likely to get a weird one this year ๐Ÿ˜‘

Posted from TSR Mobile
Actually now that I think about it Maupassant may be easier just because we did it in class recently ๐Ÿ˜…

Any predictions for author questions? If it was on themes/messages I'd be so happy!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest