The Student Room Group

IGCSE Edexcel English Language - June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stableintegral
By the trend, we might safely assume they always want to test all the anthology texts before repeating any. This is the last year for English, right? (GCSE reforms, etc.)

So... Why would they mess it up now!??!? D:

To trick people out?
Original post by Andyest99
What do you hope the writing question for section c would be? ( letter, creative, to persuade).

Also if we are the year who are curesed with Tygre and Climate Change. What do you think the section B writing question would be, as they are often based of the anthology passage.

Bloody hell, I didn't even think of that :s-smilie:. Hope it's not something crazy dull like what you do for the environment. Maybe it'll be a letter to your local council about environmental issues in your area?
Just to clarify...whats the status on touching the void and a passage to africa....in terms of likelihood?
Original post by GCSEStudent903
To trick people out?

They could, but that would just be ridiculous
Original post by chazer154
Just to clarify...whats the status on touching the void and a passage to africa....in terms of likelihood?

Void more likely than Africa. But trap is possible so might just do Africa or something again.

I won't be shocked if (and probably when) it does appear as a trap tomorrow. :biggrin:
Does anyone have the past paper of january 2012 and markscheme?? anyone?? pleaase??
Are u sure Climate change is coming for paper 1 ! Please say me !
Original post by rasheed1999
Are u sure Climate change is coming for paper 1 ! Please say me !

No one knows for sure hahahah but I hope it comes up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Strangerdanger
No one knows for sure hahahah but I hope it comes up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? I take it you're well prepared for that one :smile:
Good luck to everyone....not sure what videos to watch on the anthology to be extra fresh in my mind....greanpeace, the facts, touching the void, or passage to africa...will just take a chance!
How did it go guys??
Touching the void!!! Did no work for it but it was ok in the end but did a bet with my friend that passage to africa would come up and have just lost £20!!!!!! Exam was good though :smile:
Touching the void!!! Did no work for it but it was ok in the end but did a bet with my friend that passage to africa would come up and have just lost £20!!!!!! Exam was good though :smile:

yeah it wasn't that bad! scared that my writing might not be of high quality though because I was writing so fast :/ that would bring my grade down by alot.
Original post by zahanara
yeah it wasn't that bad! scared that my writing might not be of high quality though because I was writing so fast :/ that would bring my grade down by alot.

No the best thing is to use simple language...you just need to communicate ideas and stuff...i did simple language in my mock but wrote a lot and got 18/20 so yeah. I wouldn't worry bout it :smile: I wrote 2 pages for the 12 marker, 2 1/4 for touching the void, 2 for the one of 'help', and 3 1/4 for the long writing one. I was pretty surprised because my writing was pretty small...like 10 words /line for me so yeah i think i did alright. how much d'you write?
No the best thing is to use simple language...you just need to communicate ideas and stuff...i did simple language in my mock but wrote a lot and got 18/20 so yeah. I wouldn't worry bout it :smile: I wrote 2 pages for the 12 marker, 2 1/4 for touching the void, 2 for the one of 'help', and 3 1/4 for the long writing one. I was pretty surprised because my writing was pretty small...like 10 words /line for me so yeah i think i did alright. how much d'you write?

well my handwriting is pretty big, but I wrote 3 pages for the 12 marker, all of the pages that were given for touching the void, 2 for the next one as well, and like 3 for the longer writing one.
Reply 115
I'm so happy they got Touching the Void, even though I didn't study for it. We worked on it a lott in class so that's good. But i only wrote two pages for the last question omgg >.< How was the exam for you guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
if you use quotations in the in your own words sections do you get marked down?
Didn't write much annoyingly. Started on the last question, just 2 and a half pages but it was good. Touching the Void was awful though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Boo_Ayres13
if you use quotations in the in your own words sections do you get marked down?

I don't believe you get marked down. Just no marks for your point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was the audience for the last question people pf pur age because it said aboht parents and teachers. Also were you supposed to write formally or make it friendly and engaging as well as slighty colloquial?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending