The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Red Fox
Haven't had an exam yet.

Do you have Fp2 tomoz then?
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
I did my FPs today (all of them in one paper - go CIE!)
It went great :biggrin:

Ouch. Glad it went great. Sounds really intense though :eek:.
Original post by rachelc142
it's a complete mix; I've got completely different grades on every paper. I've got from A*s to Us.
although I've recently redone the ones I got a U and an E on and managed to get them both up to an A and a C so that's better.
I just feel really unsure, on Wednesday morning as soon as I open the paper and look at every question I'll know how it's about to unfold. eg if question 8 is a second order differential I'll be great; if it's complex transformations I'm screwed
anything could happen
what about you?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Tend to get A*-Bs. I should definitely improve last year's grade. I've hardly done any papers though. Gonna try to do some today or perhaps just the harder Qs at the library.

Complex transformations :erm:.

Original post by XxKingSniprxX
I've got M1 in less than 36 hours.

How about I stab you and you shoot me :lol::pain:

Good luck. I'm not looking forward to M2 :/.
Original post by keromedic

Thanks! It is pretty intense but now it's done I'm kinda grateful I don't have to do 6 papers for FM (only 2 - my exam on Friday is a mixture of M1-5 and S1-4)
I hope all your exams go well :biggrin:
Original post by keromedic
Do you have Fp2 tomoz then?

Tend to get A*-Bs. I should definitely improve last year's grade. I've hardly done any papers though. Gonna try to do some today or perhaps just the harder Qs at the library.

Complex transformations :erm:.

Good luck. I'm not looking forward to M2 :/.

Nah I have M3, you got FP2 then?
Original post by Red Fox
Nah I have M3, you got FP2 then?

Yh. M2 on Monday/
Original post by Red Fox
I think we're all hoping to pull a L'Evil Fish at this stage:lol:.

Lmao, I've been so ill for a whole week. Finally recovered I think!

I have M2 on Friday, gonna do a past paper each day

Then S2,G484,F324 day after each other next week

Quite worried I've forgotten lots for Chemistry... Might do a paper to see

However, no cramming needed this year :lol: I just paid attention in class for the most part, much easier it has to be said
Original post by L'Evil Fish

However, no cramming needed this year :lol: I just paid attention in class for the most part, much easier it has to be said

G484 should be easy but Chemistry... lol that's not going to go well for me. I'll get an A overall though thanks AS scores but I'm not going to waste time on it that I can spend on FM and Physics.

I'm going to need to do a lot of cramming for G485 though.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Red Fox
G484 should be easy but Chemistry... lol that's not going to go well for me. I'll get an A overall though thanks AS scores but I'm not going to waste time on it that I can spend on FM and Physics.

I'm going to need to do a lot of cramming for G485 though.

I thought G485 would be a proper slog but it's actually not too bad at all, if you think about it logically it makes sense to just do.

Which is easier said than done for electromagnetism however!
I thought G485 would be a proper slog but it's actually not too bad at all, if you think about it logically it makes sense to just do.

Which is easier said than done for electromagnetism however!

This vid was useful for electromagnetism https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXcg7GnwssU
Odd question but if you get a maths questions in two parts and they're directly related, e.g. you have to do simultaneous equations, does it matter if you give the answer to the second part before the first part? Im probably just over panicking before M1 tomorrow haha
Odd question but if you get a maths questions in two parts and they're directly related, e.g. you have to do simultaneous equations, does it matter if you give the answer to the second part before the first part? Im probably just over panicking before M1 tomorrow haha
Original post by cerlohee
This vid was useful for electromagnetism https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXcg7GnwssU

Lol opened it to watch, but then thought nah

Cba
Original post by radhikagulati

My friend was asking me this yesterday haha. You'd get the marks but I'd probably recalculate for the second part just in case lol
Original post by radhikagulati

I've been told if it's a question split into "i" and "ii" then the order doesn't matter as it's marked as one big thing. Otherwise, question parts marked "a" and "b" are marked separately.

Awww no. Hope you're okay. I think paying attention throughout the year is sufficient for A level. It's what I did first year.
Thanks! It is pretty intense but now it's done I'm kinda grateful I don't have to do 6 papers for FM (only 2 - my exam on Friday is a mixture of M1-5 and S1-4)I hope all your exams go well :biggrin:

Dear God.

How have I only just found the study planner thing on here
its amazing
I'm in heaven

Posted from TSR Mobile
How have I only just found the study planner thing on here
its amazing
I'm in heaven

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it useful?
Not like I'll use it as only 1 exam left buut
Is it useful?
Not like I'll use it as only 1 exam left buut

Yessssss it's so good!
Just spent an hour doing it haha
ah I got 9 left so very useful for me ;-(
how have they all gone? :-)
Yessssss it's so good!
Just spent an hour doing it haha
ah I got 9 left so very useful for me ;-(
how have they all gone? :-)

They have all been excellent except for C3/4 (we do them both in 1 paper) in maths! I knew the FM method to solve some complex numbers but not the one used in C4 (we do complex numbers in C4) so unless the examiner is very generous I doubt out of 5 marks ill get more than 2 even tho I got the answer, as the q specifically asked for the method i didnt know. I didnt have time to do a 4 mark integration either and i probably dropped marks for silly mistakes :frown: I'm lucky CIE actually counts S2 for the A* average and S2 went very very good (sorry for the rant but I could have done so much better in C3/4 had it not been in between 4 other exams) so I might just get that A*
FPs were great for FM, Physics and Chem also went unexpectedly well. And spanish... Well, I'm Spanish
Fingers crossed for maths, I'm calm abt the rest :biggrin:
How ready are you?
Reply 9658
Finally I sat an exam that went half decent today :biggrin:

Every paper bar the one I sat today have been slightly tricky with adapted application to the questions
They have all been excellent except for C3/4 (we do them both in 1 paper) in maths! I knew the FM method to solve some complex numbers but not the one used in C4 (we do complex numbers in C4) so unless the examiner is very generous I doubt out of 5 marks ill get more than 2 even tho I got the answer, as the q specifically asked for the method i didnt know. I didnt have time to do a 4 mark integration either and i probably dropped marks for silly mistakes :frown: I'm lucky CIE actually counts S2 for the A* average and S2 went very very good (sorry for the rant but I could have done so much better in C3/4 had it not been in between 4 other exams) so I might just get that A*
FPs were great for FM, Physics and Chem also went unexpectedly well. And spanish... Well, I'm Spanish
Fingers crossed for maths, I'm calm abt the rest :biggrin:
How ready are you?

ahhh sounds brill overall then!!! so chuffed for you :-D
basically I know I've worked my ass off so really not much more I can do at this point. I feel I have a good chance of getting an A/A* in everything except fp2 (which is tomorrow) but I only need an A overall in fm so that shouldn't be too detrimental. I am very apprehensive for the physics exams but I know that I know my stuff so just comes down to mentally preparing myself on the day ie have breakfast chill out etc haha.
I do feel ready. still scared tho :lol:

Original post by Hudl
Finally I sat an exam that went half decent today :biggrin:

Every paper bar the one I sat today have been slightly tricky with adapted application to the questions

ah brill, pleased for you :-)
I've only done two papers so far, both AS resits & I felt they were both the hardest papers for those respective modules so far tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest