The Student Room Group

AS Chemistry- helping each other out!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ilovereading
I would just like to declare in advanced that I am utterly ****ed for my Chemistry exam this afternoon. Sigh, better start preparing for retakes next year :L

I'm going to fail :frown: like completely and utterly FAIL. :frown:
Original post by samwillettsxxx
I do AQA, maybe u do OCR or something that's why you don't have to draw it maybe?

Yeah, Edexcel. :smile:

Found this on chemguide though. :biggrin:
Original post by thymolphthalein
Yeah, Edexcel. :smile:

Found this on chemguide though. :biggrin:

Thank u! Yep that's how I do it, thank god lol
I would just like to declare in advanced that I am utterly ****ed for my Chemistry exam this afternoon. Sigh, better start preparing for retakes next year :L

Same. It's so sad that I can't even do the basics...
I've already prepared to drop Chemistry at AS, there's no way I can take this in A2 while re-sitting AS papers.
Original post by Cherry82
I've already prepared to drop Chemistry at AS, there's no way I can take this in A2 while re-sitting AS papers.

I am so glad people on TSR feel the same! :frown: it makes me feel a tiny bit better knowing we can empathise with each other.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes

If you've studied then there's no reason to panic, you'll be fine.
I am so glad people on TSR feel the same! :frown: it makes me feel a tiny bit better knowing we can empathise with each other.

No worries, I wish you the best with today.
I know I'm getting an U or an E if I'm lucky but I'm not going to give up. I wish I had worked harder throughout the year in terms of practice and organisation. But like I had said previously, if you have studied you'll be fine and I mean that. Anxiety can sometimes make us feel worse than the situation really is, I know because I deal with anixety all the time but after I realise it wasn't as bad.

:sad: And I cant even say that my unit 1 chemistry paper might compensate because I KNOW I failed that. Its the worst because it took me ages to convince my Chemistry teacher to predict me an A for this med course I was applying to (didnt get it anyway) and in the most recent mock I also got an A so getting a D/C will literally depress me so much especially the disappointment...
:sad: And I cant even say that my unit 1 chemistry paper might compensate because I KNOW I failed that. Its the worst because it took me ages to convince my Chemistry teacher to predict me an A for this med course I was applying to (didnt get it anyway) and in the most recent mock I also got an A so getting a D/C will literally depress me so much especially the disappointment...

If everyone did horribly the grade boundaries will be lower. :biggrin:

I know, I'm sitting here doing a past paper getting a D HOURS before the exam. It sucks more seeing as I wanted to get an A AND I wanted to continue this onto A2. So I probably will have to resit AS and take A2 :sad:
If everyone did horribly the grade boundaries will be lower. :biggrin:

I doubt everyone did as horribly as me. I couldn't even do a BASIC hess's law question! :frown:
I doubt everyone did as horribly as me. I couldn't even do a BASIC hess's law question! :frown:

I got As in my A2 mocks and I still can't get those right. :tongue:

Energetics is not my strong suit either hahah. Plus, I hate Hess' cycles so that doesn't help.

Don't worry about it too much. If you have to end up retaking a module, it's not the end of the world. You'll have time during the hols to study for a few hours every week too, if you're that worried. Focus on your current and next exams. :smile:

Edit: Coming from someone who got an E in Chem 1 during their AS year because of slacking off and got an A by retaking it in Jan. :K:
(edited 8 years ago)
I know, I'm sitting here doing a past paper getting a D HOURS before the exam. It sucks more seeing as I wanted to get an A AND I wanted to continue this onto A2. So I probably will have to resit AS and take A2 :sad:

Ah, at this moment having D for me in this exam would have been a blessing lol
I feel for those who need chemistry at A2 for their wanted careers, I wish had the answers so that I could give them especially to you. It sucks sometimes, 1hr 45 mins can determine and alter your future decisions with life which scares the crap out of me wand it's why I am beginning to hate exams.
I got As in my A2 mocks and I still can't get those right. :tongue:

Energetics is not my strong suit either hahah. Plus, I hate Hess' cycles so that doesn't help.

Don't worry about it too much. If you have to end up retaking a module, it's not the end of the world. You'll have time during the hols to study for a few hours every week too, if you're that worried. Focus on your current and next exams. :smile:

Edit: Coming from someone who got an E in Chem 1 during their AS year because of slacking off and got an A by retaking it in Jan. :K:

Yeah I think I've been slacking a lot and I'm probably gonna get an E or something overall for Chemistry :frown: I wish January exams/retakes still existed, it would make things way easier instead of everything in June :L

Thanks for the moral support :smile:
Yeah I think I've been slacking a lot and I'm probably gonna get an E or something overall for Chemistry :frown: I wish January exams/retakes still existed, it would make things way easier instead of everything in June :L

Thanks for the moral support :smile:

Eh, you'll be fine. I only retook that module with a mathematics module in Jan. I'm doing half the AS year with A2 RIGHT NOW.

It's not easy, but it'll be alright as long as you work hard this time.

Now focus on the current exam and try to do your best. :smile:
Ah, at this moment having D for me in this exam would have been a blessing lol
I feel for those who need chemistry at A2 for their wanted careers, I wish had the answers so that I could give them especially to you. It sucks sometimes, 1hr 45 mins can determine and alter your future decisions with life which scares the crap out of me wand it's why I am beginning to hate exams.

Yeah I want to go into medicine which just makes everything 100 times harder. Majority of the "good" medical schools dont even take retake students (even just for modules) so I'm pretty much screwed :cry2:

1 hour and a half for me but yeah still sucks :sad: Worst thing is medicine is all about exams and I'll probably be doing exams all the way until I'm 30 xD its just the fact that I crammed for AS and I've slacked a lot but at least I've learnt from my mistakes :L

I just wanna go into drama or something and live my life in theatre without exams xD
Eh, you'll be fine. I only retook that module with a mathematics module in Jan. I'm doing half the AS year with A2 RIGHT NOW.

It's not easy, but it'll be alright as long as you work hard this time.

Now focus on the current exam and try to do your best. :smile:

Yes, definitely going start working way harder than I have done so far. Yes, why am I here when I have an exam in like 2 hours xD

Again thanks :smile:
Is the catalyst for ethanol production with yeast zymase? What's the temperature for this reaction?
Screen Shot 2015-06-02 at 09.23.36.png

Is this question to do with the energy compensated having to be higher for something to be soluble?
Original post by samwillettsxxx
Is the catalyst for ethanol production with yeast zymase? What's the temperature for this reaction?

Its yeast or zymase, anearobic conditions and 37 degrees

Quick Reply

Latest