The Student Room Group

AS Chemistry- helping each other out!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Because I'm a natural failure, I definitely don't have enough practice! I am just going to beg on my hands and knees to continue on to A2! I know I could have done much better with just some more time and practice... and that's awful, your teacher just left! I'm sorry, it's okay we are all in this together!

I disagree completely.
Aw guys, seeing your posts is literally making me sad.
Seriously, you all have worked so hard and how I know this is because- (not trying to sound like a stalker lol ) literally when I am here to get study help with things like with Chemistry and Physics, I would search questions and would see the same users that had answered them already, driven to answer more questions. From September, you were banging out study and revision, so though I don't know people here personally in real life- it was inspiring to see such hard work.
Please do not feel down, it sucks that our year is suffering too due to these gove's silly opinions with exams being too easy and changes but really, keep going with that same drive from September.
Because I'm a natural failure, I definitely don't have enough practice! I am just going to beg on my hands and knees to continue on to A2! I know I could have done much better with just some more time and practice... and that's awful, your teacher just left! I'm sorry, it's okay we are all in this together!

No you're not a natural failure, please stop being hard on yourself :frown:
Original post by Cherry82
Aw guys, seeing your posts is literally making me sad.
Seriously, you all have worked so hard and how I know this is because- (not trying to sound like a stalker lol ) literally when I am here to get study help with things like with Chemistry and Physics, I would search questions and would see the same users that had answered them already, driven to answer more questions. From September, you were banging out study and revision, so though I don't know people here personally in real life- it was inspiring to see such hard work.
Please do not feel down, it sucks that our year is suffering too due to these gove's silly opinions with exams being too easy and changes but really, keep going with that same drive from September.

Can I just say I would bet £100 every singe one of us could answer the 2009 papers with our eyes shut and hopping on one leg, these recent exam in recent years just shock the life out of me.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3385
1433235721659-21555732.jpg

7 and 9 pls
Reply 3386
Lol guys i think my thread just turned into a "i give up" thread.

Pls help eaxhothee and then we xan cry about it 2night 2gether xoxxo

Stop writing yourself off before you even get in the exam hall. If you go into an exam thinking you'll do badly you probably will, but until you see the questions you don't know how hard it will be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dinaa

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can I join and fail with you?I'm never going to get my A 😳😞.
Original post by Dinaa

It really has, I have just been sitting here for the last half an hour wondering if I should call my future son aldehyde, it sounds rather exotic don't you think? :redface:
Can I just say I would bet £100 every singe one of us could answer the 2009 papers with our eye shut and hopping on one leg, these recent exam in recent years just shock the life out of me.

I know right!
But you have to understand, we do have more resources and advantages over previous years. If they kept trends going, people could predict questions on the papers even. I know it's unfair but I can understand what the pressure the exam boards were going through. From inflation in grades, to unis complaining that their students were not well equipped all played in the pressure. Gove, thanks very much for your input in failing students. The complaint was that so many people are apparently getting As, I don't see the problem with that but the government saw it as the courses were becoming too sort and easy.
Can every question be a Hess Cycle? Pls :smile:
It really has, I have just been sitting here for the last half an hour wondering if I should call my future son aldehyde, it sounds rather exotic don't you think? :redface:

lol haha, I like it.
This is exactly why I am about to fail, I just didn't organise myself well at all this year. This is exactly me right now, I paid tons of attention in class, I did all my homework and I reviewed stuff but at one point in the year I just found my self catching up and then I ended up losing a lot of that practice because things were moving too fast and I couldn't keep up.I am not completely stupid, I know that but I sure do feel it at the moment. I am just planning on using my summer wisely and catching up and kick starting A2, I know I can do well I just don't have enough practise and chemistry is basically about practice, especially this exam!

Don't worry. Seriously, I've so effed because I'm extremely ill rn and there's been some extenuating circumstances which means that even though I was predicted an A/B I'm going to an D/E, if you know what you did wrong and what you can do to rectify it then you'll be fine next year. Read through your revision guides over the summer, I don't mean extensively, I mean like half an hour every few days so AS is fresh in your mind and then work on them alongside your A2, you know the content so it's just exam practice. Everyone who does A2 chemistry finds AS piss because apparently you go over what you've learnt and build on it. Keep an optimistic attitude even if you're gonna fail, cause at least you won't feel terrible coming out of the exam. Honestly I know when I open my results I'm going to get presented with a D but I've accepted that and all you can do is try your best. :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck everyone! We'll all be fine.. just got to SMASH it :hippie:
Original post by Dinaa
1433235721659-21555732.jpg

7 and 9 pls

For number 7, its the mass/charge ratio. So the mass was 58 but it tells us that the charge is +2 so you have to do 58/2 which is 29.
Reply 3396
Original post by ilovereading
For number 7, its the mass/charge ratio. So the mass was 58 but it tells us that the charge is +2 so you have to do 58/2 which is 29.

i though 2+ meant lost 2 :/
Original post by Dinaa
i though 2+ meant lost 2 :/

The question asks for the "peak" in the spectrum and to find it you have to use the formula mass/charge. If it was just asking for relative formula then you would just take away 2 from 58. So mass/charge = 58/2 = 29.
Original post by thymolphthalein
If everyone did horribly the grade boundaries will be lower. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the sake of inflation, they not going to make it too low.
Reply 3399
Do we have to know shapes of molecules for unit 2 aqa?

Quick Reply

Latest