The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century Biology B4 B5 B6

Heyy so the B4 B5 B6 exam is on friday... same day as business :frown:
any predictions for 6 markers? have a feeling this test might be hard becos the b123 one was so easy....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm dreading this exam tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by emr22
I'm dreading this exam tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

aww no! I got full marks in my mock (sorry, had to show off there)
what parts do you find difficult?
Reply 3
I've revised over B4, started B5 today... I think the 456 exams are the worst:frown:
Reply 4
love b456, favourite modules in Biology
b7 is repetitive stuff really, apart from GM which is fun

best exam of the week, looking forward to it
loving revision right now
Reply 5
I just find all the modules horribly boring then because of that I find them harder to "take in" when revising. Well done on your mock! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I have a feeling for b7 homeostasis will come up as it didn't on b123.. Although a bit early lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Jitesh
I have a feeling for b7 homeostasis will come up as it didn't on b123.. Although a bit early lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

didn't it come up for the 2014 paper??
Reply 8
I have a feeling that there's gonna be something on protein synthethis and def something on conditoning!!
Reply 9
Protein synthesis 6 marker came up in last years paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by kxylah
didn't it come up for the 2014 paper??

Yeah I'm sure it was that thermo regulation 6 marker in 2014's b7?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by thatawesomekid
Yeah I'm sure it was that thermo regulation 6 marker in 2014's b7?

Posted from TSR Mobile

so the vasoconstriction/vasodilation stuff?
this might seem like a really stupid question, but in diffusion and osmosis can you only go from a high concentration to a low concentration? (like you couldn't do it in reverse?)
Reply 13
Original post by kirstybecs
this might seem like a really stupid question, but in diffusion and osmosis can you only go from a high concentration to a low concentration? (like you couldn't do it in reverse?)

yeah you can't do it in reverse...
i swear the reverse is called active transport anyways? But obviously active transport is when it carries these molecules using energy from respiration
Reply 14
Hey there!:smile:

Does anyone here have the 2014 b4 b5 b6 exam and mark scheme?

If so, would you please be kind enough to share it?:smile:

Thank you so much in advance !!!:biggrin:
Original post by kxylah
yeah you can't do it in reverse...
i swear the reverse is called active transport anyways? But obviously active transport is when it carries these molecules using energy from respiration

Hi I may be wrong but doesn't osmosis go from low to high concentration because the water goes through the membrane into the solution making it more concentrated as it only works one way? Eg roots taking in water
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by parker13
Hi I may be wrong but doesn't osmosis go from low to high concentration because the water goes through the membrane into the solution making it more concentrated as it only works one way? Eg roots taking in water

I swear osmosis is when water molecules go from high to low concentration? Because theres more water in the soil than in the roots of the plant, i'm assuming...
Original post by kxylah
I swear osmosis is when water molecules go from high to low concentration? Because theres more water in the soil than in the roots of the plant, i'm assuming...

image.jpgThese were my notes, I just looked it up and it says that the water goes from high concentration to low concentration. However, the solution goes from lower concentration to higher concentration because water molecules are moving in. I hope that's right:frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
whats the minimum UMS you need to get for an a*?

and what did y'all get in your coursework for bio?
Reply 19
Original post by thehighlighter
whats the minimum UMS you need to get for an a*?

and what did y'all get in your coursework for bio?

you need 360 in total, so about 90 in each exam...

i got full marks in the controlled assessment :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest