The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys, I submitted a mitigating circumstances form with a doctor's note saying that I have had significant symptoms of depression throughout the academic year which have severely affected my ability to study throughout the academic year. He's prescribed me Citalopram and I am meant to be seeing him in around two weeks' time. I submitted the form in after my exam, which was within the deadline; however, that's the only doctor's note I have to say that I'm depressed. Do you think it would still be considered?
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys, I submitted a mitigating circumstances form with a doctor's note saying that I have had significant symptoms of depression throughout the academic year which have severely affected my ability to study throughout the academic year. He's prescribed me Citalopram and I am meant to be seeing him in around two weeks' time. I submitted the form in after my exam, which was within the deadline; however, that's the only doctor's note I have to say that I'm depressed. Do you think it would still be considered?

I'm submitting ones too this week but I'm getting my psychiatrist to write them. It probably would be considered still.

My personal tutor (who was also programme leader) used to say basically that if you had a drs note or sick note it was pretty much garunteed as they can rarely argue with that evidence...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
My personal tutor (who was also programme leader) used to say basically that if you had a drs note or sick note it was pretty much garunteed as they can rarely argue with that evidence...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even if he wrote it after exams?
Im going to summer school this year and i'm so excited it's for dance and preforming arts and ahhhhhhhh! Cannot wait
Even if he wrote it after exams?

Yep, i handed in extenuating circs after the assessment deadline a few times and never got denied

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi what year are you in if you don't mind me asking?
Stay strong x
My doctor thinks I should go to hospital. Got it downgraded to an emergency appointment this afternoon, but **** I'm scared. Hospital was so unbelievably awful last time, I can't do it again. I'm so scared. I don't know what I should ssay to her. I'm just scared. :cry2:
Original post by Sabertooth
My doctor thinks I should go to hospital. Got it downgraded to an emergency appointment this afternoon, but **** I'm scared. Hospital was so unbelievably awful last time, I can't do it again. I'm so scared. I don't know what I should ssay to her. I'm just scared. :cry2:

:hugs: How come, do you feel like you're in danger of doing something? Am on skype if you wanna talk. :smile:

:hugs: I hope your appointment goes well. I know hospital is **** but if it keeps you safe then it may be for the best. Sorry to hear you are struggling saber. I really hope it goes well and you can come up with a decent plan along with your psych.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't do this, no point, I give up. scared. :cry2:
Original post by bullettheory
:hugs: I hope your appointment goes well. I know hospital is **** but if it keeps you safe then it may be for the best. Sorry to hear you are struggling saber. I really hope it goes well and you can come up with a decent plan along with your psych.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks BT :smile: I hope so too. My spouse said they'll come with me so hopefully I can persuade the psychiatrist that I'm safe with them around. That's the plan, it's just so ****ing scary. Like what if it's not good enough? :frown:
Thanks BT :smile: I hope so too. My spouse said they'll come with me so hopefully I can persuade the psychiatrist that I'm safe with them around. That's the plan, it's just so ****ing scary. Like what if it's not good enough? :frown:

Nothing to add but I know the pain of impending hospital and I'm praying for you.

I'll light a candle for you. Sorry I can't add anything else, it's a bad day.
cant do this cnat do this
Struggling today...

Sorry to hear that. :hugs: stay strong! :hugs:

Okay glad your other half is coming along. Let us know how it goes :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pathway
Just had a nightmare that woke me up, but I was having a panic attack as I woke up? I don't even understand how this is possible but apparently it is. So now I'm too scared to sleep. :facepalm:
Oh dear. That sucks. I had one panic attack a few months ago but my anxiety tends to be more spread out and general. Are you better now? Still scared to sleep?

Ahh, A-Levels I take it? Yeah, they are super, super stressful. :sadnod: You're definitely not alone in that! I was the same at AS/A2, what're you studying? I find the best way of dealing with the pressure is to take time out to just chill (see friends, listen to music, watch your favourite shows, etc.) - but I totally get that it's hard to do that with all the pressure you're under to perform. :hugs: I highly doubt that you'll fail though. I think you're going to do well. :yep:
A2s. I failed them last year (extenuating circumstances. 60% attendance due to caring responsibilities and depression. I do mean fail too. Got a much of D-Us. My averages weren't bad though as I got As first year)
I don't really have many local friends sadly. I'm brilliant at escapism but the problem is I feel like I'm only running away from my anxiety and it doesn't help when I need to work.

I think I'm going to pay for therapy next year. I want to deal with my anxiety either through therapy or meds.
Yeah! Not sure really. My MH has basically gone down the toilet so I'm worried I won't get a very good grade this year, and being that it is second year I need to get a good grade (this is why I wish first year counted, as I got a 70 last year, lol). Submitted extenuating circumstances, so hopefully they'll take it into account. Not much I can do now, just gotta wait til the end of the month then I'll get my grades. :eek:
Good luck. Hope they do take it into account. So sorry to hear.
Ohh, maths. I've not done proper maths for ages. We only use stats. :lol: I hope it goes well. :hugs:

Ta. Do you do a life science?
Original post by Midnightmemories
Struggling today...

Wassup?

Latest