The Student Room Group

How did your exam go?? The epic 2015 GCSE exam discussion thread!

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone got their German GCSE exam tomorrow?
Original post by Lucyylulu
Petrified for my AQA English Language exam! Anyone else freaking out?! I scraped a C with 43 marks in the mock exam but really need a B. I really struggle with the short amount of time we have to complete each question. I have extra time so I get 25% more time meaning that I can spend 15 minutes on each of the 8 mark questions, however I still only manage to write an answer in 25 minutes.

Has anyone got any advice?!?!

How did the exam go then?
Original post by harry998
How did the exam go then?

Thank you so much for your reply. I have been reading all the advice on here but not had to time to respond. I think it went okay. I managed to answer all the questions and look through my answers to see if what I had written linked to the question as well as checking and correcting my SPAG.

Thank you a lot for your encouraging words and the advice you gave me, it really did help when I was in a state of panic.

How did your exam go?
Reply 543
Exam Subject: English Language
Exam Board: AQA
Level: Higher
Feeling: :biggrin:
Fire alarm went off during English :biggrin: Got extra time though to make up for it, so, ended up being alright!
English Language
AQA Higher
:smile:

Yes!! I have it! So nervous, what exam board do you do?
Good luck btw! :wink:
RE & C
Edexcel Higher: :biggrin:

English literature
AQA Unit 1 Higher: :/

Biology
OCR higher B1, B2, B3: :smile:

English literature
AQA Unit 2 Higher: :smile:

History B
Medicine through time, Higher: :smile:

English Language
AQA Unit 3 Higher: :smile:

I don't think anyone can be 100% certain on exam, and therefore ":biggrin:" is disqualified for me xD One can never be certain...
Except of course RE, which is RE...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 548
English Language exam AQA, today
just a question, approximately how many marks could a student lose if they quoted the wrong source for Q4?
Like they accidentally mentioned "In source 1..." but was meant to say source 2?
A lot?
Original post by 150505
English Language exam AQA, today
just a question, approximately how many marks could a student lose if they quoted the wrong source for Q4?
Like they accidentally mentioned "In source 1..." but was meant to say source 2?
A lot?

The examiners have the sources when they mark them, so I think they'd understand, especially if you put a quote. Don't worry :smile:
Reply 550
Original post by niamhisokay
The examiners have the sources when they mark them, so I think they'd understand, especially if you put a quote. Don't worry :smile:

Ah, okay thankyou, that was reassuring :h:
Original post by 150505
Ah, okay thankyou, that was reassuring :h:

:smile:
AQA English Language higher went :s-smilie: for me. I was predicted an A* and always got it on my mocks but on the real exam I screwed up so much ㅠㅠ. I spent way too much time on Q1 and Q2, then as I did it in the order 1-2-3-5-6-4, I got carried away on Q5 and since I couldn't see the clock (sat right at the back) I had to ask the invigilator about how much time I have left. She said half an hour and I still had Q6 and Q4 to answer! 30% of my GCSE in 30 minutes!! So I got really stressed and answered Q6 in 10 minutes (I wrote 3 pages, 6 paragraphs) and hopefully will get at least half the marks. I spent 20 minutes on Q4 and wrote almost 3 pages and was rather happy with what I wrote. But I still panic so much about the fact that I had so little time for Q6 and Q4... Can't believe I screwed up this bad.
Absolutely aced the reading think I got an a* same on question 1 writing. But I had a question on a letter. But in my letter I forgot to write dear sir and I didn't write yours sincerely. How many marks could I drop? The content was great and so was spag and structure?
I don't think anyone on this website does Edexcel English :tongue: I had language today and the questions were so stupidly worded. Finished on time and feeling okay about it- but not too good:frown: German and geography tomorrow wohey
Original post by pixiejoanna
Yes!! I have it! So nervous, what exam board do you do?
Good luck btw! :wink:

Jaaaaa ich auch! Ganz nervos :frown: I really want an A* in these to get the A* overall. AQA anyone? Let's hope it wasn't as satanic as the French...
Reply 556
Original post by Jitesh
Your SPaG marks will get you that A/A*.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I know they will, thats why I corrected the other poster on their bad SPAG, ensuring they do better in their actual exam!
Reply 557

aqa?
Original post by ImagineCats
Jaaaaa ich auch! Ganz nervos :frown: I really want an A* in these to get the A* overall. AQA anyone? Let's hope it wasn't as satanic as the French...

I'm OCR and they are really harsh markers, fingers crossed it isn't too difficult!
Good luck! :wink:
I love Lucky Star Nirgilis :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest