The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Any tips on preparing for German? I've done most of the past papers, and I'm too tired at the moment to even look at another one :frown:
Done half of my exams now and the end is approaching YAAAAAS

Good luck for everyone's remaining exams! Remember that we've got a nice long summer to look forward to! Last two weeks or so now!

:smile:
Original post by turn-to-page394

Good luck for everyone's remaining exams! Remember that we've got a nice long summer to look forward to! Last two weeks or so now!

3 if your doing further maths GCSE -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Willnewman234
3 if your doing further maths GCSE -_-
Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry, I feel your pain - us latinists have to stay on for a whole another week practically after everyone else has left for their holidays......

When's further maths? Good luck for it btw!

I know, so happy :ahee:
3 exams left!

I end on Monday!

:party:
Original post by guitaristemily
3 exams left!

I end on Monday!

Lucky :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:jumphug: I started in like march though. I do performing arts, photography, fine art and music.

photography and fine art exams were in April. Performing arts in march. Music on Friday.

then just core science, English, and maths.
Reply 6768
3 exams left!

I end on Monday!

:woo:

How have they gone so far? :h:
Original post by 8472
:woo:

How have they gone so far? :h:

some ok. Some not so. Was ill ww/c 18th may so yeah. Did English lit (xx2 , one on Mondayone on Friday) and physics that week. Only went in for exams yet I have a feeling I didn't do well because I was ill. Too late to put stuff in now so ill have a deal with what I get.
Reply 6770
some ok. Some not so. Was ill ww/c 18th may so yeah. Did English lit (xx2 , one on Mondayone on Friday) and physics that week. Only went in for exams yet I have a feeling I didn't do well because I was ill. Too late to put stuff in now so ill have a deal with what I get.

Ahh okey :hugs: I'm sure you'll still have done well. :yep: Anything planned for after you finish on Monday? :holmes:
Did anyone do the OCR English language paper today, and if so how did it go?
So, how was everyones exams today?
Original post by 8472
Ahh okey :hugs: I'm sure you'll still have done well. :yep: Anything planned for after you finish on Monday? :holmes:

Seeing Taylor swift on the 24th. Going to Orlando on the 12th July.
did you do the ocr latin language 2 paper today??
Don't worry, I feel your pain - us latinists have to stay on for a whole another week practically after everyone else has left for their holidays......

When's further maths? Good luck for it btw!
so freaking scared for maths, and I am scared to even talk to people about the questions after the exam on thursday. I need an A to do A level maths
Original post by sditta
anyone do edexcel english language today? tokill a mockingbird?

Hi!

I did TKAM today....OH MY DAYS IS ALL I CAN SAY.
How hard was it?? I don't even remember there being that extract in the novel?!?!?!

I had no idea what to write..usually I would jumble on about anything and create points...but there was absolutely nothing I could write...IT WAS SO HARD.

Then to make it worst I picked an extract which had nothing to do with scouts behaviour towards others?!?! I did scouts first day at school...shoulda done the lynch mob but was sitting there for 20 mins just reading the book ahaaaa....

I literally did so bad and wrote half page for each a and b question but section b was alright..i did the uniform article=)
Original post by sditta
did you do the ocr latin language 2 paper today??

Yes I did. U? How did you find it? :smile:

Personally, it was ok - last minute vocab cramming and voila! :tongue: Probably made some stupid errors but hey, I always do. :biggrin:
Lit is going to be painful though so hopefully my language mark will keep me afloat :wink:

Original post by SuperHuman98
so freaking scared for maths, and I am scared to even talk to people about the questions after the exam on thursday. I need an A to do A level maths

First of all, I'm sure you'll do amazingly! Just keep a cool head and don't let the pressure hinder what you can do! If you're the type who gets influenced form other people's stress (I know I am :biggrin:), stay away from the typical 'freak out, argh I didn't revise' people before the exam. Concentrate on yourself, take deep breaths and believe in your ability. If you get a mind blank, move on to the next question - don't get stuck in a rut!
All in all, basically believe in yourself (cheesy as it sounds). I'm sure you'll get the grade you want. Don't think to yourself 'I can't do this' because you very much can. :smile:

Pep talk over. :tongue: And in typical nike-esque fashion : just do it! :h:

(Oh and stay away from the threads about it after the exam - tempting but not worth the nit-picking and the worry of 'was I right or was the other person...?' Really not worth it if you're already worried about how you did, It's a stress breeding ground... :biggrin: )

EDIT: Argh, sorry about the essay ._.
(edited 8 years ago)
Just 6 exams remaining, already done 11, I feel it's all gone really quickly. Just need to put my all into the last few now...
ngl, ****ting myself for tomorrow. It is by far my worst day of exams - German in the morning and Geography in the afternoon :redface: Frightened that if German is a bloodbath I'll give up in Geography.

Latest