The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR B Geography 2015 - TOMORROW

Hi
I was wondering if anybody knew whether or not the structure of the exam papers has changed - the most recent one I can find is 2013 and it seems to have OPTIONS about which questions you have to answer - two choices per key theme.
Does anyone know if this is still the case? I really need to know and my teacher hasn't said anything about it...
Thank you!!!!!1

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maary
Hi
I was wondering if anybody knew whether or not the structure of the exam papers has changed - the most recent one I can find is 2013 and it seems to have OPTIONS about which questions you have to answer - two choices per key theme.
Does anyone know if this is still the case? I really need to know and my teacher hasn't said anything about it...
Thank you!!!!!1

NO. there are no options this year. The reason you can't find a past paper with the new format is because there isn't one (the rule was changed last year, but they haven't released the 2014 paper yet).
Reply 2
Also, I've been told that my exam is on Rivers and Coast, Natural Hazards and Population and Settlement. But on the past papers it shows Economic Development wtf
Reply 3
Original post by Rtdsv
Also, I've been told that my exam is on Rivers and Coast, Natural Hazards and Population and Settlement. But on the past papers it shows Economic Development wtf

There are four units: Natural Hazards, Rivers and Coasts, Population and Settlement, and Economic Development. Each year, the SDME is based on one unit. This year the SDME was on Economic Development. Every year the unit for the SDME changes. The three units left over are in the Key Themes paper - the one that's for tomorrow. Good Luck
Reply 4
Original post by manninga15
no. There are no options this year. The reason you can't find a past paper with the new format is because there isn't one (the rule was changed last year, but they haven't released the 2014 paper yet).

we have to learn all the case studies. I hate the case studies!
Has anyone got any ideas on what may come up?
Original post by y=mx+c
we have to learn all the case studies. I hate the case studies!

aye to that ^
Anyone have any ideas what case studies will come up??
Original post by ilovelearningnot
Anyone have any ideas what case studies will come up??

These are all the past case studies with the years if you want to do the guessing game aha

Rivers and Coasts -
River flooding (management) 2011
River flooding (causes and effects) 2014
Coastline management 2011, specimen (2010 & 2014)
River landforms and processes 2013
Coastal landforms and processes 2013
River flooding MEDC specimen (2010)

Population and Settlement -
Population management strategies 2011
Changes in retail service provision 2011
International migration 2012
Land use change in urban area 2012, 2014

Natural Hazards -
Climatic in LEDC 2011,
Tectonic in LEDC 2011, 2013
Climatic in MEDC 2012, 2013, specimen
Tectonic in MEDC 2012
Climatic hazard specimen (2010)
Tectonic hazard specimen (2010)

I reckon internal migration (urbanisation) could come up in pop and settlement but tbh it's anyones guess
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
The amount of work to do is just so OVERWHELMING. 15 or so case studies is bad as it is but of course we have to know all the content, key words and explanations for not just 1 topic but 3. Any tips on how to memorise as much as possible before the exam? I've been given a pack/booklet for each topic, but they are like 24 pages thick and there's no way I can learn an adequate amount to give me an A by 1:30pm tomorrow.

HELP :'(
Reply 10
Original post by maddywald
These are all the past case studies with the years if you want to do the guessing game aha

Rivers and Coasts -
River flooding (management) 2011
River flooding (causes and effects) 2014
Coastline management 2011, specimen (2010 & 2014)
River landforms and processes 2013
Coastal landforms and processes 2013
River flooding MEDC specimen (2010)

Population and Settlement -
Population management strategies 2011
Changes in retail service provision 2011
International migration 2012
Land use change in urban area 2012, 2014

Natural Hazards -
Climatic in LEDC 2011,
Tectonic in LEDC 2011, 2013
Climatic in MEDC 2012, 2013, specimen
Tectonic in MEDC 2012
Climatic hazard specimen (2010)
Tectonic hazard specimen (2010)

I reckon internal migration (urbanisation) could come up in pop and settlement but tbh it's anyones guess

So there were no case studies for Rivers And Coasts in 2012??
Original post by Rtdsv
So there were no case studies for Rivers And Coasts in 2012??

nah, guess it was the year of the rivers and coasts SDME
I'm just trying to memorize all of the case studies now haha, I should not have left it this late xD
Original post by Rtdsv
The amount of work to do is just so OVERWHELMING. 15 or so case studies is bad as it is but of course we have to know all the content, key words and explanations for not just 1 topic but 3. Any tips on how to memorise as much as possible before the exam? I've been given a pack/booklet for each topic, but they are like 24 pages thick and there's no way I can learn an adequate amount to give me an A by 1:30pm tomorrow.

HELP :'(

for the hazards section just learn the impacts and methods for reducing impacts that are the same for all of them like "farmland destroyed so loss of income" can apply to all four hazards, you can do that for why they are more severe in LEDCs too e.g. loads of people rely on agriculture for their income
I feel like I've focused on the case studies and not at all on the content
Reply 15
i dont understand earthquakes or tropical storms does anybody know any good resources to help me?
I have the 2014 past paper for geography if anyone want it or look at the structure PM me!
Reply 17
Is there some case studies you'd advise us not to revise? I mean it'd help if we could condense the case studies.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by maddywald
these are all the past case studies with the years if you want to do the guessing game aha

rivers and coasts -
river flooding (management) 2011
river flooding (causes and effects) 2014
coastline management 2011, specimen (2010 & 2014)
river landforms and processes 2013
coastal landforms and processes 2013
river flooding medc specimen (2010)

population and settlement -
population management strategies 2011
changes in retail service provision 2011
international migration 2012
land use change in urban area 2012, 2014

natural hazards -
climatic in ledc 2011,
tectonic in ledc 2011, 2013
climatic in medc 2012, 2013, specimen
tectonic in medc 2012
climatic hazard specimen (2010)
tectonic hazard specimen (2010)

i reckon internal migration (urbanisation) could come up in pop and settlement but tbh it's anyones guess

thank you !:d
Hiya! Can anyone give me the basic structure for answering a case study question? Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending