The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Shocked that strong winds have caused metal from the stadium at Phillipe Chatrier to fall on spectators... A lot of improvements need to be made at this tournament
This is the best i've seen Wawrinka play for a while. Just superb so far.
Agreed. A lot of errors from Fed though.
Wawrinka was amazing in the first 2 sets - the 3rd set was good enough to get the win, his first over Roger in a Slam. This is the first time since 2002 in any Slam match that Federer has played where he has been unable to break his opponent.
And Federer's out, Wawrinka definitely a contender now
Best I've seen Stan in a while, didn't get phased by the wind and even his movement was good.
Tsonga unable to close out against Kei - he cannot afford to let this go to 5 sets.
Nikishori playing as we've become used to. Looking good for a fifth set.
Please Federer go back to your old racquet.
We have a 5th set! Not good news for Tsonga - what has he got now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes. Come on Nikishori.
Tsonga up a break

Posted from TSR Mobile
And Tsonga wins

Nishikori couldn't do enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tsonga's done it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did he write je aime? Shouldn't it be j'aime

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really hope to see Tsonga in the final. Would be nice to see a frenchman there and let the crowd go awol.
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Did he write je aime? Shouldn't it be j'aime

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it might have been Je t'aime
Original post by Krish4791
I think it might have been Je t'aime

Yeah just realised that he lied down to make the 't'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Stan was brilliant today - not just the firepower but his nerve under pressure was incredible. He didn't blink once. Stark contrast to the match he threw away at the 02 last year. Stan was so good today, if he makes it through Tsonga I back him with a good chance in the final, whoever he faces. As long as it's not Rafa in the final I'm backing Stan from here.
After catching the highlights of Wawrinka v Federer I have to say that it may be premature to say that whoever wins the Rafa Novak QF will win the tournament. Of course Rafa/Nole are huge favourites but if the Stan that turned up today makes it to the final he could get another shock slam come Sunday

Quick Reply

Latest