The Student Room Group

IGCSE Edexcel English Language - June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by James821
Was the audience for the last question people pf pur age because it said aboht parents and teachers. Also were you supposed to write formally or make it friendly and engaging as well as slighty colloquial?

There was no audience really, you could choose since it was a website.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Now lets start predicting for paper 2...not! I'll study everything this time:bebored:
Aha! No paper two for me! All finished for language!!
God, I am so glad Touching the Void came! And yeah, the last question wasn't so hard... I would've filled all pages instead of just 4. :smile:
Original post by Faith4Infinity
God, I am so glad Touching the Void came! And yeah, the last question wasn't so hard... I would've filled all pages instead of just 4. :smile:

This is the problem.... Everyone knows Touching the Void so well that it's not even special to know things in it if you get what I mean. Grade Boundaries will be higher etc. :L
I didn't hate the exam, but I struggled to finish reasonably well. I think Section B went a bit chaotic for me.

Meh. I'm glad that English is over and done with now. I don't ever have to bother with stupid essays like those again! :biggrin: (I hopefully can doubt that I won't have to resit, but yeah. Just saying. :P)

Also, I did predict that Touching The Void would come up. The respect question was surprising... but wrote a ton for it in 45 minutes. Section A was actually an okay text. It was easy to answer that mining question as well - all in one paragraph, basically. The 12 marker... nearly filled up all the space, but just concluded and moved on. Section B was really waffle and I overran talking about Joe. I had to rush Simon + conclusion to get to the help question or I wouldn't have done Section C well.

I'm obviously wishing for an A*, but I did get good coursework and stuff (might pull my mark up a bit). But if I got an A, I wouldn't cry. Anything less and I'd kind of be surprised to be honest - I don't think I did too badly. :\

Anyway, just glad English is finally done (probably. 99.99% done. :P depends on results day.)
(edited 8 years ago)
When it says IN YOUR OWN WORDS...what does this actually mean?...cause I referred to to text and stuff. But I basically said that Larwood wants to be considered a part of society...that he is not different from the rest and he is proud of his normalised position. However, he does lead a more 'privileged' life within the mine as his father's friends know his father and would therefore not 'touch' him. I also said that the life of him in the mine was physically demanding, and that he suffered from it. We also get an idea of his experience as a miner, highlighted form the alliteration of 'descending from daylight to darkness', emphasising his experience as a miner and how he knows the routine well. AM I ON TRACK ANYONE???!!!!
Did anyone liken Larwood as if, almost, he possessed divine qualities and characteristics...as there are loads of references to this?
I'm surprised Climate change has not come up yet!

WAY to much space for In your own words question - unseen was awful and boring as f***
The only could points i had was the change from "The Old Man" to "A Great Man" near the end; writer personalises after meeting first hand.

Also put about how in the past, there was always a "voice" -- an echo; cheering for him. But in the present, there is only an echo of "brooms" showing how Larwood has left his legacy, and now it's time for someone else to take over.

Touching the void question was far too vague and the writing ones were meh.
do u think 77% will be an A* ? including courseowrk?
if u get a decimal for ur percentage e.g 77.53 would they round your score up to 78% or what?
Original post by GCSEStudent903
I'm surprised Climate change has not come up yet!

WAY to much space for In your own words question - unseen was awful and boring as f***
The only could points i had was the change from "The Old Man" to "A Great Man" near the end; writer personalises after meeting first hand.

Also put about how in the past, there was always a "voice" -- an echo; cheering for him. But in the present, there is only an echo of "brooms" showing how Larwood has left his legacy, and now it's time for someone else to take over.

Touching the void question was far too vague and the writing ones were meh.

Climate Change came up in the R paper this year!
Just did the paper this morning!
Btw anyone doing Paper 2 next week?
Any predictions and which passage came up in 2015 Jan?

Thanks a lot!
Original post by EnglishAddict

Lucky. :P I revised for that more than I did for Touching The Void.

>_<
Original post by stableintegral
Lucky. :P I revised for that more than I did for Touching The Void.

>_<

+1 :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 135
Btw anyone doing Paper 2 next week?
Any predictions and which passage came up in 2015 Jan?

Thanks a lot!

I am! King Schahriar came up in January. But idk what still hasn't come up

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh how was the r paper then? the grade boundaries might be higher because everyone was expecting it. How was your unseen and the writing?
Had no enough time to write?
Original post by rasheed1999
Had no enough time to write?

same, I did all the questions but I couldn't complete the last one (respect)
Even me 😯 .. Paper 2 "Unknown Girl " is surely coming ! Study DAT guys

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending