The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

I'm a failure.
Original post by keromedic
x

I think I slept, i don't know. Too dissociated to know what's going on at the moment. My anxiety is mostly ED or PTSD related. So not as general as yours seems to be. Do/did you get any help from your school with regards to helping you deal with anxiety at all? Counselling?
Yeah, I failed my AS year originally as my physcical disability (HEDS/Ehlers-Danlos syndrome) basically decided to rear its ugly head and the fatigue/pain just screwed me over, tbh it didn't even get better when i completed my A2s (I got ACD in the end lol). I think i got EDU first time, i don't remember - dropped physics though, which was probably stupid as I actually liked physics. Oh well.
Ah, true. Is your anxiety mainly related to your exams? I hope you get what you want/need to get onto your chosen course.

Hope it works out for you. Let me know how it goes? I have to wait til next academic year before I can get any therapy through my CMHT. :frown: Would be a little easier if I was able to take medication without panicking haha.

Yeah, sort of? Psychology. Some people say it's a life science, other people say it's a social science.
Original post by CescaD96
I'm a failure.

You're not. PM if you want to talk? I'm not that useful right now (really sppaced out), but I will listen if that will help.
Original post by Pathway
You're not. PM if you want to talk? I'm not that useful right now (really sppaced out), but I will listen if that will help.

I'm disassociated too and trying to talk isn't helping. Thank you so much for the offer but I don't wanna bother anyone, I just want to find a hole to crawl into and never leave.
Original post by Pathway

I'm disassociated too and trying to talk isn't helping. Thank you so much for the offer but I don't wanna bother anyone, I just want to find a hole to crawl into and never leave.
Me three just popped in to say I'm getting really bad dissasociation now :cry2: just feel way out of touch. Hugs to you both :hugs:

Aw Cesca. <3
Hope you feel okay soon, the PM offer is here as well. :hugs:

That goes for all of you btw, if any of you ever feel like you need to talk/let something out of your system then just PM as much as you want. I wont get annoyed or feel like you're bothering me. Even if we haven't ever engaged in conversation and you wish to just scream your heart out onto a chat, then feel free. <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pathway

<3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Little Popcorns
Me three just popped in to say I'm getting really bad dissasociation now :cry2: just feel way out of touch. Hugs to you both :hugs:

<3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
Aw Cesca. <3

That goes for all of you btw, if any of you ever feel like you need to talk/let something out of your system then just PM as much as you want. I wont get annoyed or feel like you're bothering me. Even if we haven't ever engaged in conversation and you wish to just scream your heart out onto a chat, then feel free. <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
This one seems to be a sweetheart through and through 😊
Feeling tired and bummed out, don't feel like doing anything except sleeping...again. At least if im in bed i know i'm not gonna do anything silly, but so fed up of trying to fight tiredness. Even a good dose of electro swing isn't perking me up.

Spoiler

thank you i just dont want to be triggering or something

Aww gawsh. <3 :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

She is. :smile:
Original post by Pathway
thank you i just dont want to be triggering or something

What do you mean "triggering"?

Edit: I totally understand- Meaty just explained and you're welcome. :smile: <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anon_98
Aw Cesca. <3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Might PM in the morning, I will see how my sleep goes. Thank you. :jumphug:
She is. :smile:

Guys!- stahpp <3 :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Might PM in the morning, I will see how my sleep goes. Thank you. :jumphug:

Okay- that sounds good. Goodnight! <3
You're totally welcome. :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
What do you mean "triggering"?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A lot of people here are "triggered" by mention of certain things, it's often related to past traumatic experiences. It can be a rather wide range of things, but all of them are degrading or hurtful in someway. Bringing up something that reminds them of such events is a "trigger".

I hope that explains it :tongue: I like to think that due to my time spent on the internet and with people, i'm more or less not triggered by anything. If you listened to some of the coversations i have with some people you'd probably think i was an *******, but its all just banter, and i believe that exposure has helped me deal with triggers.
Huge hugs for all :grouphugs:

Original post by Sabertooth
My doctor thinks I should go to hospital. Got it downgraded to an emergency appointment this afternoon, but **** I'm scared. Hospital was so unbelievably awful last time, I can't do it again. I'm so scared. I don't know what I should ssay to her. I'm just scared. :cry2:

Huge hugs :jumphug:

Original post by Valvopus

Spoilered for me ranting about the university.

Spoiler

Okay rant over. Back to learning for this exam.

Hope you're doing OK :console:

Spoiler

Original post by Meaty_man
A lot of people here are "triggered" by mention of certain things, it's often related to past traumatic experiences. It can be a rather wide range of things, but all of them are degrading or hurtful in someway. Bringing up something that reminds them of such events is a "trigger".

I hope that explains it :tongue: I like to think that due to my time spent on the internet and with people, i'm more or less not triggered by anything. If you listened to some of the coversations i have with some people you'd probably think i was an *******, but its all just banter, and i believe that exposure has helped me deal with triggers.

Aw right thank you so much for explaining ahahah- I had no idea, but now I totally understand. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest