I didn't find it hard, but it wasn't easy either
I'm praying for an A!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Bloom77
I didn't find it hard, but it wasn't easy either
I'm praying for an A!

Posted from TSR Mobile

so am i!! I messed up a couple of questions eg the last reagent question and I'm sure i slipped up elsewhere but it wasn't bad at all
Reply 3
I found it easy, albeit being a resit. There weren't any questions on there that hadn't been asked before to my knowledge. The very last question was asked in CHEM1 before too. Surprised majority of people are voting "Ok" ! Generally much easier than this year's CHEM1, in my opinion.

Solid paper, no surprises.

Let's hope CHEM4 and CHEM5 are similar :u:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TajwarC
I found it easy, albeit being a resit. There weren't any questions on there that hadn't been asked before to my knowledge. The very last question was asked in CHEM1 before too. Surprised majority of people are voting "Ok" ! Generally much easier than this year's CHEM1, in my opinion.

What did you get last year if you don't me asking?
Reply 5
Original post by Super199
What did you get last year if you don't me asking?

In CHEM2 I got a B; 101 UMS/74 Raw. CHEM1/ISA weren't so good haha.
Original post by TajwarC
In CHEM2 I got a B; 101 UMS/74 Raw. CHEM1/ISA weren't so good haha.

AQA is a bit gay in terms of grade boundaries. Like with OCR the UMS if much better imo.
What are you predicted this year? :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Super199
AQA is a bit gay in terms of grade boundaries. Like with OCR the UMS if much better imo.
What are you predicted this year? :smile:

OCR doesn't even have a UMS converter! Although the grade boundaries are rising for all AQA papers which is kind of annoying.

I got predicted a B in chemistry (AA in maths and bio) but I resat all the AS modules so I'm guessing my AS UMS is a *fair* amount above 240 now, so getting an A*/A overall should be feasible
Original post by TajwarC

If you weren't a resit and u did this exam first time round, how would u feel compared to last years?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Bloom77
If you weren't a resit and u did this exam first time round, how would u feel compared to last years?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had a look through the June 2014 paper last night and I'd say there is more opportunity to lose marks in that one opposed to this; it was easier but not by miles. Last year had more of the strange/dodgy 1 mark questions where as this year arguably had none. The calculations felt a bit more straight forward but maybe that is because I have done the spec twice.

Long story short, maybe if I had sat this paper last year, I may not have been resitting....
wow okay,what d you think the grade boundaries might be?80/100? :colondollar:
i found it sooooo easy, 100 UMS come at me, i literally wrote half the answers with my penis
Reply 12
Original post by adam6969696969
i found it sooooo easy, 100 UMS come at me, i literally wrote half the answers with my penis

I now have images of looking up in an exam to find someone squating over their desk writing with their penis ahahah

Quick Reply

Latest