The Student Room Group

AQA A2 COMP 3 Computing 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

What topic do you find the easiest and the hardest for the COMP3 exam? My easiest would be Databases and my hardest would either be Problem Solving or Programming Concepts; I find both of them really hard. I also need to brush up on my networking because I attempted to answer a past paper question which was an essay on how data is transmitted from one host to another via the Internet and I couldn't go into much depth.
I need to open the book....
Original post by donutellme

What are you predicted? Be nice to see someone else predicted high and not properly "opened the book"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63

Do not tell me you have not opened the book yet!.. Anybody see what I did there? :colone:
Reply 64
Original post by ScruffyQuaver
What are you predicted? Be nice to see someone else predicted high and not properly "opened the book"

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the "book" is such so confusing. And by book I mean.

Spoiler

Reading this book is like trying to decipher some encrypted text, why isit so hard to understand?
The wikibooks for Comp3 is just <3. It's just so short and concise and helps me do well in my past Comp3 exams.
Original post by ScruffyQuaver

Posted from TSR Mobile

A*, but ****ed up my coursework thanks to idiocy.

Original post by Async
Do not tell me you have not opened the book yet!.. Anybody see what I did there? :colone:

You're gonna have to explain :tongue:

Original post by Async
I think the "book" is such so confusing. And by book I mean.

Spoiler

Reading this book is like trying to decipher some encrypted text, why isit so hard to understand?
The wikibooks for Comp3 is just <3. It's just so short and concise and helps me do well in my past Comp3 exams.

Wikibooks is bae (sorry for saying bae :P)
Reply 66
A*, but ****ed up my coursework thanks to idiocy.

Wut happened?

You're gonna have to explain :tongue:

Look at your name and look at that post :smile:

Wikibooks is bae (sorry for saying bae :P)

Wikibooks is defo bae
Original post by Async
Wut happened?

Lost all of my writeup around Easter, then rushed to finish it. Left some stuff out and didn't do it to the standard it should've been...

Look at your name and look at that post :smile:

Wow, how did I not spot that :biggrin:

Wikibooks is defo bae

yep
Reply 68
X

Original post by Async
X

I need to start using bae... :/
Original post by sagar448
I need to start using bae... :/

You should. Much better than the text book. Make sure you go through the text book at least once though.
Reply 71
Lost all of my writeup around Easter, then rushed to finish it. Left some stuff out and didn't do it to the standard it should've been...

Ahhh that sucks man :frown: Sorry about that, must of been real stressful. I know if that happened to me, I prolly would of dropped out of college.
Original post by Async
Ahhh that sucks man :frown: Sorry about that, must of been real stressful. I know if that happened to me, I prolly would of dropped out of college.

How'd you do? :P
Reply 74
How'd you do? :P

I did okay, not too bad for my standards. I was still a bit disappointing but there's not much I can do now :smile:
Original post by Async
I did okay, not too bad for my standards. I was still a bit disappointing but there's not much I can do now :smile:

Aiming for A*?
Reply 76
Aiming for A*?

Aiming for an A* is like moving from 0 - 100. I got a D overall last year in computing. However, but I turned everything around this year :smile:. I just sat my Comp1 paper yesterday and I think I did better than last year, sitting Comp2 again tomorrow so that should be good. Averaging B on Comp2 past papers. I got an A (1 mark of A*) in Comp4, and I'm also averaging B on all my past Comp3 papers.

So, I'd like to think a A* is possible but I just don't know. An A* would be SOLID, An A would be great too. It would be a great achievement, from D to A*.
Original post by Async
Aiming for an A* is like moving from 0 - 100. I got a D overall last year in computing. However, but I turned everything around this year :smile:. I just sat my Comp1 paper yesterday and I think I did better than last year, sitting Comp2 again tomorrow so that should be good. Averaging B on Comp2 past papers. I got an A (1 mark of A*) in Comp4, and I'm also averaging B on all my past Comp3 papers.

So, I'd like to think a A* is possible but I just don't know. An A* would be SOLID, An A would be great too. It would be a great achievement, from D to A*.

That would be pretty inspirational!!! Where're you applying?
Reply 78
That would be pretty inspirational!!! Where're you applying?

It would be amazing, I'd slap that on my CV where ever I go. Uhm some pretty average UNIs, not any Russel groups.
Reply 79
Hey,

I am also taking COMP3. I got an A last year and am predicted an A*, but I got an A/B on the coursework so I doubt I'll get an A*.

I am also finding COMP3 sooo hard, and I have a huge pile of flash cards on my desk that doesn't seem to be going in. Plus I always seem to get the floating point questions wrong, and networking is usually quite tricky.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply