The Student Room Group

AQA AS PE Friday 5th June 2015

Hi,
I've just realised that there is not thread for this exam and I would like to see what everyone else thinks about it and if there are any predictions for Part B?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Feeling pretty good about the exam to be honest!
Personally, my weakest topics are; opportunities of participation (as a whole topic) and the main agonist, muscle contraction etc.
anyone got any tips for remembering the muscle contractions/agonists
Reply 3
Have you guys tried using a revision website called memrise? (http://www.memrise.com/home/) It has quizzes containing key words that you can use and/or make your own! I'd definitely recommend it!
If you're unsure what will actually come up on the exam, the specification of what to come up is this:
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/specifications/alevel/AQA-2580-W-SP-14.PDF
Hello, i'm in two minds about the exam on friday. I hope AQA don't complicate it like they have with all my other exams:s-smilie: Also haven't been able to revise as much for sport because of other exams! But I think it should be okay, past papers past papers past papers :tongue:
Original post by ItsGrace31
Hello, i'm in two minds about the exam on friday. I hope AQA don't complicate it like they have with all my other exams:s-smilie: Also haven't been able to revise as much for sport because of other exams! But I think it should be okay, past papers past papers past papers :tongue:

Got the same problem:/ ive not started yet!
Original post by liverpool2044
Got the same problem:/ ive not started yet!

Ahh! Have you got any more exams before PE?
Ahh! Have you got any more exams before PE?

Yeah ive got maths which im focusing on more, what about you?
Yeah ive got maths which im focusing on more, what about you?

Ah shoot! One of my friends has maths in the morning and then PE in the afternoon, priorities though I suppose. Luckily it's my only exam left, but I had chemistry today and biology yesterday which wasn't ideal either. Good luck! :smile:
Ah shoot! One of my friends has maths in the morning and then PE in the afternoon, priorities though I suppose. Luckily it's my only exam left, but I had chemistry today and biology yesterday which wasn't ideal either. Good luck! :smile:

Yeah i had biology yesterday too! How did you find it? Ah lucky not having anymore!
Reply 11

I've had exactly the same.

Did you do AQA for both? (I do OCR Chemistry).
Yeah i had biology yesterday too! How did you find it? Ah lucky not having anymore!

Biology was annoying! Constant data analysis just like BIOL1. Really frustrating, but at least it's over :redface:
Original post by kpd_98
I've had exactly the same.

Did you do AQA for both? (I do OCR Chemistry).

Yes, AQA for both!:colonhash:
Reply 14
Yes, AQA for both!:colonhash:

How did you find the Biology exams?
Reply 15
Any of you got any guesses what's going to be the 10 marker?
anyone got any tips for remembering the muscle contractions/agonists

Agonist causes contraction and causes 'agony'
Concentric is shorter because a con artist takes something
Isotonic think of lucozade
Original post by kpd_98
How did you find the Biology exams?

Mostly data analysis which I hate! The long questions at the end had my brain in a spin😐
I can't do opportunities for participation at all, and i hate the part b question!!
Reply 19
What does everyone thing the 10 mark question will be, my teacher says "If i was a betting man i would bet psychology" and thats what we've all been concentrating on, anyone got any other ideas of what will come up? Im in a welsh school aswell so all my questions will be in welsh language which is annoying as i think id do better in english haha!

Quick Reply

Latest