The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anon_98
Aw right thank you so much for explaining ahahah- I had no idea, but now I totally understand. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Were pretty good at self modding the society, and having trigger warnings is just another way to keep the members safe :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone got rid of a person from their life and then they're trying to come back into it?

I don't know what to do now aha
I messaged a 'friend' a couple days ago to ask how he's doing because I hadn't spoken to him in a while and he just ignored me. I don't understand why people would do that? I haven't done anything to warrant such a response and then people get annoyed at me when I say that people are dickheads.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SweetNothing
Has anyone got rid of a person from their life and then they're trying to come back into it?

Yeah. He finally gave up after he realised that after treating me like ****, I wasn't going to start acting like I was his best friend.
Original post by PandaWho
Were pretty good at self modding the society, and having trigger warnings is just another way to keep the members safe :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right okay. :smile: Sorry if this is a stupid question to ask but.. if someone were to 'trigger warn' me would it mean that we should conclude the conversation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OU Student
Yeah. He finally gave up after he realised that after treating me like ****, I wasn't going to start acting like I was his best friend.

Yeah I wish this person would just give up, I haven't spoken to them in over a year and now they're trying to add me on facebook and it's either going to go one of two ways, they're either going to give me grief or attempt to patch things up with me.

I'm finally happy with good friends and a decent life and then this!
Yeah I wish this person would just give up, I haven't spoken to them in over a year and now they're trying to add me on facebook and it's either going to go one of two ways, they're either going to give me grief or attempt to patch things up with me.

I'm finally happy with good friends and a decent life and then this!

I'm lucky that I moved away far enough from him (for unrelated reasons) that he doesn't have the chance to bump into me.
Original post by OU Student
I'm lucky that I moved away far enough from him (for unrelated reasons) that he doesn't have the chance to bump into me.

Ah that's lucky! I live fairly close to this person but luckily i haven't bumped into them but for some reason they've decided to add me on facebook well try anyway, i've just let it sit there for now

Yes i was in that position many times with the same person! Was hell for about a year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Yes i was in that position many times with the same person! Was hell for about a year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've deleted the friend request so it's basically just a waiting game to see if they leave it alone, send me another one or send me grief haha.
I've deleted the friend request so it's basically just a waiting game to see if they leave it alone, send me another one or send me grief haha.

Hopefully they will get the picture!

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you don't want them to contact you via fb at all, you could block them? Then they won't be able to see your profile or message them - I did this with someone I wanted out of my life (as any contact from them used to upset me)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hopefully, it's been over a year why would you even bother with it?
Original post by arguendo
If you don't want them to contact you via fb at all, you could block them? Then they won't be able to see your profile or message them - I did this with someone I wanted out of my life (as any contact from them used to upset me)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully, it's been over a year why would you even bother with it?

If I get any grief from them I will block them I think!
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Spoiler

Yeah I think I'll have a go at it over summer, just ran off a few pages now and realised how much of the system I have problems with. I might need to split it up into a few different points because I realised a huge part is the university relying on people who are struggling to say something. That is impossible for some people so for them the support systems effectively don't even exist because clearly if you don't say anything then everyone should just assume you're fine.
Reply 8715

Yeah, I thought I'd got rid of my dad after he gave me a pretty savage beating but he's been trying to ring and text me again recently. I'm just ignoring it.
Staff meeting tomorrow night, kinda glad if im honest, dont think i can people enough for session!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
Oh right okay. :smile: Sorry if this is a stupid question to ask but.. if someone were to 'trigger warn' me would it mean that we should conclude the conversation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In general, if people are talking about food or abuse or something that could be otherwise upsetting/triggering to other people they will put what they're saying in a spoiler and add a trigger warning (or tw) on the top, for example

TW abuse

Spoiler

So it's not so much that someone will warn you for being triggering, although this will sometimes happen and either you'd be expected to edit a post or a mod will do it for you, more that you do it to help keep other people safe. On a similar note it is against the rules for people to talk about self harm or suicide, to protect themselves if someone were to respond inappropriately and other people from being triggered.

Sorry for the ramble, hope that helps a bit!

-------
Hope people are alright, big hugs especially to Saber :console: :grouphugs:

May be slightly hyper :colondollar: Feel a lot better than I have been though which is good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sabertooth
You're right. I don't put my mental health on my CV or cover letters either so I assume that employers look at that grade and throw it right in the trash.

Some do, some not, just keep trying.

I guess it's not her that will be working the crappy clerical job - which is all I can see in the future at the moment. :frown:

You never know...maybe just read around, I think there are more than just clerical jobs, you are able to do. Though a lot of jobs are simply clerical, so it is kind of :s-smilie:.

What's this project you're having trouble with? Could you go see your personal tutor and talk it over with him/her? Happy to hear you're doing fine otherwise though :smile:

Second project of three...extremely unhappy with it, because I just worked and learned nothing new, which is frustrating...Problem is, I have to find a topic ... I should be already finished, but it was not possible to write a paper, yet. Have now a Plan B project, but not sure whether I should stick to the old one or move on...
nothing is holding my attention today. none of the games I would usually enjoy are fun, I don't feel like watching any films that would usually cheer me up, I can't focus on reading anything :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest