The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gilo98
ngl, ****ting myself for tomorrow. It is by far my worst day of exams - German in the morning and Geography in the afternoon :redface: Frightened that if German is a bloodbath I'll give up in Geography.

2 of my friends have 5 exams :frown:
I have Geography unit 2 as well. What are your 5th and 6th topics if you're doing edexcel b?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by turn-to-page394

First of all, I'm sure you'll do amazingly! Just keep a cool head and don't let the pressure hinder what you can do! If you're the type who gets influenced form other people's stress (I know I am :biggrin:), stay away from the typical 'freak out, argh I didn't revise' people before the exam. Concentrate on yourself, take deep breaths and believe in your ability. If you get a mind blank, move on to the next question - don't get stuck in a rut!
All in all, basically believe in yourself (cheesy as it sounds). I'm sure you'll get the grade you want. Don't think to yourself 'I can't do this' because you very much can. :smile:

Pep talk over. :tongue: And in typical nike-esque fashion : just do it! :h:

(Oh and stay away from the threads about it after the exam - tempting but not worth the nit-picking and the worry of 'was I right or was the other person...?' Really not worth it if you're already worried about how you did, It's a stress breeding ground... :biggrin: )

EDIT: Argh, sorry about the essay ._.

true i think i should be fine im only scared because for the 3 years of maths I was really bad and decided to knuckle down in the half term and learn everything in mathswatch.

Now i get around 70-80 marks on non calculator, so i aint at the confidence of an A* student, just about an A student i think ,and things like circle theorems and vectors its 50% chance i get it write or get it wrong :colondollar:

The thing is i want to see the answers so i know i did well and i know i will be able to do a level maths so i can start it in the summer. However this might backfire and make me stressed out/ sad :frown:.

I also am worried about really high grade boundaries
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by rcmehta
2 of my friends have 5 exams :frown:
I have Geography unit 2 as well. What are your 5th and 6th topics if you're doing edexcel b?

I'm OCR B - so everything bundled into one exam with questions on three case studies of which there are 12 we need to learn :frown:
Absolutely ****ting myself about maths over here guys - need an A* to do A level I'm so screwed first paper was so hard my life is absolute hell

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SuperHuman98
true i think i should be fine im only scared because for the 3 years of maths I was really bad and decided to knuckle down in the half term and learn everything in mathswatch.

Now i get around 70-80 marks on non calculator, so i aint at the confidence of an A* student, just about an A student i think ,and things like circle theorems and vectors its 50% chance i get it write or get it wrong :colondollar:

The thing is i want to see the answers so i know i did well and i know i will be able to do a level maths so i can start it in the summer. However this might backfire and make me stressed out/ sad :frown:.

The fact that you've managed to improve is great so have confidence in your ability. :smile: I'm sure you'll improve even further at a-level! Think of how far you've come and how much you've achieved in a relatively short amount of time!

Being aware of what you're less confident at is a good sign as you'll know to pay more attention to it in the exam if it comes up. Don't think 'oh I might get this wrong' - a negative mindset does no one favours as you know that you CAN do these questions!
For circle theorems, go over the rules and make sure that you can recognise the different 'versions' (for lack of a better word) that the triangles can take in the circle. Haha, this probably sounds stupid, nvm.

You'll find out how well you did on results day - though true, looking at answers beforehand helps to reassure you. Just don't take other people's answers for granted : who knows, they might be in the wrong despite how confident they are - misreads of questions etc. :smile:

Just do your best. Screw grade boundaries. :biggrin: It's something you can't prepare or revise for after all!

Good luck! Is it tomorrow? :smile:
Original post by turn-to-page394
The fact that you've managed to improve is great so have confidence in your ability. :smile: I'm sure you'll improve even further at a-level! Think of how far you've come and how much you've achieved in a relatively short amount of time!

Being aware of what you're less confident at is a good sign as you'll know to pay more attention to it in the exam if it comes up. Don't think 'oh I might get this wrong' - a negative mindset does no one favours as you know that you CAN do these questions!
For circle theorems, go over the rules and make sure that you can recognise the different 'versions' (for lack of a better word) that the triangles can take in the circle. Haha, this probably sounds stupid, nvm.

You'll find out how well you did on results day - though true, looking at answers beforehand helps to reassure you. Just don't take other people's answers for granted : who knows, they might be in the wrong despite how confident they are - misreads of questions etc. :smile:

Just do your best. Screw grade boundaries. :biggrin: It's something you can't prepare or revise for after all!

Good luck! Is it tomorrow? :smile:

Thursday morning:smile: I have geography tomorrow
Original post by SuperHuman98

Maths watch buddy 🙋🏽

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh panicking for geography 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dumb cabbage
Ahh panicking for geography 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same :frown: Got German in morning then can cram for 2hrs before Geography. Going to rush in and do case study Q's straight away - only know half of them so going to hope I can cram the ones I don't know then write out my answers straight away before I forget
got geography edexcel b tomorrow
Anyone OCR B?
Original post by Gilo98
Same :frown: Got German in morning then can cram for 2hrs before Geography. Going to rush in and do case study Q's straight away - only know half of them so going to hope I can cram the ones I don't know then write out my answers straight away before I forget

Awh bless you :frown: good luck for your German exam :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gilo98
Anyone OCR B?

Meeee 😗

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awh bless you :frown: good luck for your German exam :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :redface: Prayers shall be spoken tonight....

Such a shame they changed the format of the paper 2 yrs ago - would've loved to have sat half the spec
GCSE exams over? Half way through? Can't remember when GCSEs finished when did it, only that I started in early May sometime :smile:
Original post by Carpe Diem Jay
GCSE exams over? Half way through? Can't remember when GCSEs finished when did it, only that I started in early May sometime :smile:

mine are over next week
Original post by Daps1999
got geography edexcel b tomorrow

Me too :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gilo98
Thank you :redface: Prayers shall be spoken tonight....

Haha yup!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ave you finished revising all of it yet

Latest