The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield Hallam

Who else is going sheffield Hallam in September, Would be nice to get to know a few people before the year starts :smile:

Scroll to see replies

City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Just received my accommodation, I'll be at Trigon :biggrin:
Original post by DavidB_

I'm in Bramall :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by joanasofiaxo
I'm in Bramall :smile:

What course will you be doing? :smile:
Original post by DavidB_
What course will you be doing? :smile:

Sociology and psychology, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6

Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Original post by EmEmshort
Who else is going sheffield Hallam in September, Would be nice to get to know a few people before the year starts :smile:

I am also going! I am on the Collegiate Crescent Campus studying ODP
Reply 8
Original post by DavidB_

Did you get an unconditional offer then? :smile:
Reply 9

Posted from TSR Mobile

Geography and Planning want to be a town planner :smile:
Reply 10
Did you get an unconditional offer then? :smile:

Indeed I did, I reckon it was my personal statement :biggrin:
And I know three of my flatmates already!

As an aside, having noted your aspiration to become a town planner, I'm curious as to what motivates you in choosing to follow this as a career.
Reply 11
Original post by DavidB_
Indeed I did, I reckon it was my personal statement :biggrin:
And I know three of my flatmates already!

As an aside, having noted your aspiration to become a town planner, I'm curious as to what motivates you in choosing to follow this as a career.

What do you want to be?

Urmm I want to follow a career as a town planner, because I love human geography and want to go into career that I enjoy. I like development where if i go past a building or a development that I helped create, I can go I did that and it has changed people's lives. It has always been passion of mine to help create a better world, and even on a smaller scale it is still important to me, as I want to help create a sustainable planet for our selves and future generations. I think as a town planner I can do that, I will be able to decide what is suitable for a town/city and whether it can contribute into helping the town/city evolve without being unsustainable.
Reply 12
Original post by Jennyharvey15
I am also going! I am on the Collegiate Crescent Campus studying ODP

What's ODP, I am planning on studying geography and planning! :smile:
Reply 13
What do you want to be?

Urmm I want to follow a career as a town planner, because I love human geography and want to go into career that I enjoy. I like development where if i go past a building or a development that I helped create, I can go I did that and it has changed people's lives. It has always been passion of mine to help create a better world, and even on a smaller scale it is still important to me, as I want to help create a sustainable planet for our selves and future generations. I think as a town planner I can do that, I will be able to decide what is suitable for a town/city and whether it can contribute into helping the town/city evolve without being unsustainable.

Thanks, I enjoyed reading that :smile: I think I've known since choosing my GCSEs that I wanted to go into engineering, but it was in my application that I settled on electric/electronic. What fascinates me as an industry is how rail transport is a vital infrastructure in any urban or inter-urban environment, and the extent of planning which goes into keeping a city and conurbation connected. There's so many different roles involved, perhaps more than any other industry.

With regards to the making a difference in our ever-more-developing landscape where the legacy and sustainability of our actions is highly scrutinised, I hope too to have the opportunity to say "I built this" :smile:
Reply 14
I'm at The Forge - Flat E222.E.
(edited 8 years ago)
What's ODP, I am planning on studying geography and planning! :smile:

ODP is an Operating Department Practitioner, I am excited to start! And what is planning?:smile:
Reply 16
ODP is an Operating Department Practitioner, I am excited to start! And what is planning?:smile:

Ahh okay got it now :smile: and planning is: to plan, deliver and protect the built and natural environment. Like plan areas and buildings that would be suitable for the build environment, and make it sustainable and stuff like that :smile:
Ahh okay got it now :smile: and planning is: to plan, deliver and protect the built and natural environment. Like plan areas and buildings that would be suitable for the build environment, and make it sustainable and stuff like that :smile:

Oh, I have never even thought of that before! I bet that's interesting :smile: good luck I hope you do well!
Reply 18
Oh, I have never even thought of that before! I bet that's interesting :smile: good luck I hope you do well!

Thank you :smile: and yeah randomly i enjoy all that stuff :smile: and good luck hope you do well as well, might see you around :smile:
I had a deferred place for ODP but they rang today so I'm now starting in September!! So excited, I can't wait.

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending