The Student Room Group

unit 2 law exam; s47 offence

Basically does anyone have a top mark model answer for s47 assault occasioning ABH?

Please and thank you :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in She-Ra now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by theTeddyBearx
Basically does anyone have a top mark model answer for s47 assault occasioning ABH?

Please and thank you :smile:

I've moved this to the correct forum for you :biggrin:

Good luck with everything :h:
hey how did everyone find the unit 2 exam today?

it was a complete disater didnt do the second section just did section A because i ran out of time so im sure that im getting 45 marks. How did you find it? Alot of people at my college also ran out of time

I did not turn up :frown:

Original post by sondos_ashour
it was a complete disater didnt do the second section just did section A because i ran out of time so im sure that im getting 45 marks. How did you find it? Alot of people at my college also ran out of time

could you explain more? what questions came up?
Original post by sondos_ashour

i ran out of time too! i just hope that for this reason, the grade boundaries drop low this year for unit 2:frown: i even missed out that breach of duty question for tort which i am frustrated about ffs. last year i got a C for unit 2, if i don't get atleast 10 UMS marks more than last year i will be fuming. i mean the whole point of retaking this paper is to get higher right? but even then i have nothing to lose as the best grade counts forward. anyways what questions did you find easy/hard? what offence did you put down for ahmed's liability on julian for criminal liability side?
Hi guys what offences did you put down for the criminal section?
Original post by Michellebrenda
Hi guys what offences did you put down for the criminal section?

i put s47 occasioning actual bodily harm for the first part, and then s20 for the second part. what about you?
i put s47 occasioning actual bodily harm for the first part, and then s20 for the second part. what about you?

Ah I think I ****ed up, I wrote about battery for the first one and GBH s18 for the second. So many people put down, wounding, ABH and battery. Surely they must give some credit.
Ah I think I ****ed up, I wrote about battery for the first one and GBH s18 for the second. So many people put down, wounding, ABH and battery. Surely they must give some credit.

idk, as long as you relate it back to the scenario then you should get some credit, along with the relevant laws and facts etc. i did mention assault and battery for the first part though, i mentioned both but mainly discussed about s47 occasioning abh (which covers assault and battery) which should be ok i hope. ugghhhh idk. aand i swear its rare for a s18 offence to crop up for criminal side? but s20 and s18 are kinda similar so we should get away with it hopefully
(edited 8 years ago)
idk, as long as you relate it back to the scenario then you should get some credit. i did mention assault and battery for the first part though, i mentioned both but mainly discussed about s47 occasioning abh (which covers assault and battery) which should be ok i hope. ugghhhh idk. aand i swear its rare for a s18 offence to crop up for criminal side? but s20 and s18 are kinda similar so we should get away with it hopefully

Let's hope so! Yeah I'm pretty sure it's just the men's tea that changes. They credit regardless. I'm mixed emotions for that paper to be honest. Were they any other questions you found good/bad?
Let's hope so! Yeah I'm pretty sure it's just the men's tea that changes. They credit regardless. I'm mixed emotions for that paper to be honest. Were they any other questions you found good/bad?

to be honest we shouldn't worry, whatever we did in that paper, we can't change it now. we can only work harder for unit 3 and 4 to excel! but yeah law examiners are usually lenient because there are so many potential answers that are top marks that are explained very well relating to the scenario although they arent mentioned on the mark scheme. just because you didnt write what others wrote, doesnt mean youll get 0 marks, youll still get credit so dont worry about it.

well for the criminal section i totally missed out the last question which asked to explain the factors on sentencing as i ran out of time and was rushed to start tort section ugh. however i loved the strict liability and mens rea questions, they were heavenlyXD but then when i started tort i managed to do the first 2 questions, but then i skipped breach of duty because i knew that would take me AGES to do, and also at this point i only had 20 mins left to do the rest of the paper so i was completely panicking:frown: so then i attempted the application question on factual causation and remoteness of damage, 3 case track management and the award of damages with minimal effort ughhhguhgughughguhguhguh and it's a shame really, i feel as though i couldve answered that breach of duty question and it was extremely ignorant of me to completely not answer it and leave it out wtf. 8 marks!!! i let 8 marks go just like that!!! f^ck it!

on the whole though i think i did quite well on the criminal section and for tort i'd be lucky to get 30 marks atleast. i just hope for the best... but honestly i feel like a failure for missing out on a couple of questions which i know i wouldve done well in... it just sucks. and it sucks that whenever i find my results out for this paper i know that if i had done that breach of duty question and the factors on sentencing question then the grade that i will be awarded couldve actually been 1 grade higher. its the difference between getting a C and a B or a B and an A. :/

how about you? how do you feel it went?
(edited 8 years ago)
That is so annoying, when you know the answers but time is not on your side. It was the same with me, I was writing until the last minute. I managed to complete all the questions, however not to the best answer I could've done. 1&30 mins Is not enough! I thought the theory questions were really good, mens rea, strict liability and duty of care etc. But the application ones, some I did okay some I totally applied rubbishly. Oh well, there's no point in dwelling in the past now. Like you said, let's focus on doing well in unit 3&4 :smile:
That is so annoying, when you know the answers but time is not on your side. It was the same with me, I was writing until the last minute. I managed to complete all the questions, however not to the best answer I could've done. 1&30 mins Is not enough! I thought the theory questions were really good, mens rea, strict liability and duty of care etc. But the application ones, some I did okay some I totally applied rubbishly. Oh well, there's no point in dwelling in the past now. Like you said, let's focus on doing well in unit 3&4 :smile:

indeed! how do you feel about unit 3 and 4, are you prepared?
(edited 8 years ago)
I am in year 12, so I'm yet to learn unit 3&4. Is it hard?
I am in year 12, so I'm yet to learn unit 3&4. Is it hard?

oh right haha, well A2 requires lots of application, it's a bit like unit 2 but extended with more cases and facts to learn. youll be okay with A2 though honestly, as long as you review what you learn throughout the year and make thorough notes and high quality model answers for the evaluation questions.
Sorry I should've been more clear! So did you retake unit 2 then?- and I hope there are some similarities to GCSE law in there, as this pretty much saved my butt in this exam. How unit 3&4 for you? Do you feel you are gonna ace it? You seem very eloquent and intellectual, no doubt you will excel in life :smile:
Sorry I should've been more clear! So did you retake unit 2 then?- and I hope there are some similarities to GCSE law in there, as this pretty much saved my butt in this exam. How unit 3&4 for you? Do you feel you are gonna ace it? You seem very eloquent and intellectual, no doubt you will excel in life :smile:

yep i retook unit 2. last year i got a C for unit 2 and A for unit 1 but overall for AS i got a B. im just trying to string my grades up for each module as high as i possibly can because personally i think i can get a B overall after doing unit 3 and unit 4. and about those units... i kinda feel prepared but then again i kinda dont as i have more stuff to learn. i mean ive got just over 2 weeks for unit 3 and 4 so i should be okay! i dont think ill 'ace' unit 3 and 4 but i am aiming for Bs which is good enough for me tbh:smile: and lmao thanks, you seem intelligent too, how have your other exams been?
Yeah worst case scenario for me is to retake a unit. And wow an A in unit 1, well done! As long as you have perfect answers and you manage your time wisely, I am sure you will be fine.

My other exams were a bit of a bundle of feelings! I was pretty stressed considering I do 5 subjects and my exams lasted a month and a bit, and one of those weeks I had 5 exams. Some were decent and some were just torture.

Are you thinking of going to University?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending