The Student Room Group

Who is ready for the maths exam on the 4th june

I wish everyone good luck! How much have you guys been revising for it. I've spent in total , 502 hours revising for maths(that's including year 10 ) AND I'M READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! URAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, i know the syllabus off by heart and i hope i get a high A* so i can take further maths for a-level!
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm ready. I love maths tests!!! I just find them easy. Fingers crossed that that is reflected in my grade in August!!!
Reply 2
Original post by PantherTV
I'm ready. I love maths tests!!! I just find them easy. Fingers crossed that that is reflected in my grade in August!!!

How much have you revised and what are you taking for a-level, might i ask
does anyone have any predictions? thatd be great, ive revised and revised but nothings stuck, so i need to cram what predictions i can before thursday
Reply 4
Original post by CheekyNandosBant
does anyone have any predictions? thatd be great, ive revised and revised but nothings stuck, so i need to cram what predictions i can before thursday

Vectors, quadratic simultaneous equations and circle geometry proof is my prediction for the A* questions oh and im fairly certain graph functions will come up but just a guess so i dunn nnoow
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by shwansalah
I wish everyone good luck! How much have you guys been revising for it. I've spent in total , 502 hours revising for maths(that's including year 10 ) AND I'M READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! URAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, i know the syllabus off by heart and i hope i get a high A* so i can take further maths for a-level!

Wow, I did one paper (all a* questions) for my maths gcse and got an A*, it's really not that hard lol
Reply 6
Original post by RhymeAsylumForever
Wow, I did one paper (all a* questions) for my maths gcse and got an A*, it's really not that hard lol

which paper was that, i think i know which one ur talking about. Link it if u dont mind
GCSE maths is easy and with all that revision you are definitely guaranteed an A*, so don't worry.

I started revising 2 days before and came out with an A* :smile:
Just be prepared for the HUGE step up when you take A level maths/further maths :colonhash:
which paper was that, i think i know which one ur talking about. Link it if u dont mind

I can't remember which one it was, I did edexcel linear but it was all A* questions as a revision. Try to find it (I think there's a few) because it has the harder (obviously) questions and good for practice.
anymore predictions? exams tomorrow and still havent revised lololololol
Reply 11
http://www.mrbartonmaths.com/gcsepapers.htm I think he was referring to this site. The questions are right at the bottom of the page.
Meeeeee!!! I'm getting 100% I know it for sure. I've been revising maths ever since I came out of my moms vag.
502 hours revising

As ive spent 0 hours revising for maths can i ask how do you have the patience for that?

Also, any last minute tips? :colondollar:
Reply 14
i havent done any revision and my aqa maths exam is tomorrow woops
How much have you revised and what are you taking for a-level, might i ask

I don't really revise much for Maths, I just remember how to answer questions when I learn it. I did a past non-calculator paper the other day though and I'm going to revise functions of graphs today.

As for A-levels, I'm taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Computing. But I might not do chemistry; depends on which sixth form I go to.
my predictions so far for edexcel tomorrow are quadratic simultaneous equations or vector proofs, but anymore suggestions???
Reply 17
Original post by callum623
As ive spent 0 hours revising for maths can i ask how do you have the patience for that?

Also, any last minute tips? :colondollar:
I

I enjoy maths (:, just like someone who plays sports, maths is MY sport, just try your best and since it's only GCSE if you have some form of an aptitude for maths, u can easily get A i can imagine, IF you have been listening in class!
Ah I am quite nervous as I am taking maths for A level so I need to get an A* (my own personal goal) and I have not done much revision for it I just have learnt the indices and graphs transformation rules but I find I don't need to as much as others subjects :smile:

I hope algebraic fractions come up and simultaneous equations and completing the square and anything algebra really apart from THE DREADED SURDS. I have never really got them ;(

Posted from TSR Mobile
I
maths is MY sport,

said every unfit person ever.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending