The Student Room Group

Article: Campus uni or city uni: which one is best for you?

Scroll to see replies

What's with the obsession with Reading?

Edit: Didn't realise it was a sponsored feature.
(edited 8 years ago)
Campus unis are awesome.

All your amenities are close by and you get to live in a nurturing 'student bubble'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Campus unis are awesome.

All your amenities are close by and you get to live in a nurturing 'student bubble'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you mean 'campus unis (like Reading) are awesome.'
Original post by Wahrheit
I think you mean 'campus unis (like Reading) are awesome.'

Hahaha, it's actually my insurance so quite apt.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Insurance? Why on earth are you even commenting? You have no idea which one is the best for you. You've not even been to uni yet.
Original post by callum_law
Insurance? Why on earth are you even commenting? You have no idea which one is the best for you. You've not even been to uni yet.

Dude, chill. I've been (some for extended periods) to multiple universities and prefer campus unis on the whole. Sorry, I didn't know having an opinion was illegal.

Honestly, how did responding to a satirical comment incite so much hatred on your part?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dude, chill. I've been (some for extended periods) to multiple universities and prefer campus unis on the whole. Sorry, I didn't know having an opinion was illegal.

Honestly, how did responding to a satirical comment incite so much hatred on your part?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am quite relaxed, friend. It's just quite silly to declare campus unis are the greatest thing since sliced bread when you haven't even been to uni yet. It'd be like replying to a thread titled 'what is better, Tesco or Asda?' and you haven't been to either. It's a little bit of a waste of time.

Visiting is not living there.
I am quite relaxed, friend. It's just quite silly to declare campus unis are the greatest thing since sliced bread when you haven't even been to uni yet. It'd be like replying to a thread titled 'what is better, Tesco or Asda?' and you haven't been to either. It's a little bit of a waste of time.

Au contraire, I HAVE lived on campus before. Albeit, mostly US unis - Stanford and MIT.

Posted from TSR Mobile

...what?
Au contraire, I HAVE lived on campus before. Albeit, mostly US unis - Stanford and MIT.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Impressive. Must have prepared you for Reading.

Some people know they like fast past life styles and like being in cities, some people like quiet and don't like cities, you don't need to have been to university to know that about yourself
I go to a campus uni in a big city, so I win.
Impressive. Must have prepared you for Reading.

You don't need to get snarky, my friend. I have indeed lived and studied - for 2 month intervals - at those universities.

Reading gave me an unconditional (which I insured), I chose it because I wanted to go to university regardless of how exams went.

Please continue the condescension, my jimmies might get rustled.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You don't need to get snarky, my friend. I have indeed lived and studied - for 2 month intervals - at those universities.

Reading gave me an unconditional (which I insured), I chose it because I wanted to go to university regardless of how exams went.

Please continue the condescension, my jimmies might get rustled.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I appreciate your telling me your life story, but it wasn't necessarily snarky. I was pointing out that the three institutions are somewhat different. The campus experience of Stanford will not match the campus experience of Reading.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poh youre even more stupid than i thought
Campus uni!
Campus uni in a city is best - so you have the campus experience, but can escape it when you inevitably get sick of it. The campus will get dull by final year, there's more to explore in a city.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FanaticEV
Poh youre even more stupid than i thought

Recognising a funny comment makes me stupid now yep, ok.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im excited to move to the city because i love the atmosphere :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest