The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2360
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
No, because i wasn't sure if you have access to them as they are not available on the AQA website. In don't have access to a PC right now but i will upload them tomorrow right after I've finished my exam :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I just didn't know what you meant by synoptic units haha! Papers that encompass all 4 theory units?

Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Well the period of the pendulum depends on g - is this what you mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is an experiment to determine g from a pendulum. Involving t^2 I'll find it after m1 tomoz

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2362
Original post by gcsestuff
There is an experiment to determine g from a pendulum. Involving t^2 I'll find it after m1 tomoz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that not just plotting T2T^2 against ll for a simple pendulum with a straight line being produced with a gradient of 4π2g\frac{4 \pi^2}{g}?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Oh I just didn't know what you meant by synoptic units haha! Papers that encompass all 4 theory units?

Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks,

I don't know, you may have seen them.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433277462.700857.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1433277474.451531.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2364
Thanks,

I don't know, you may have seen them.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433277462.700857.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1433277474.451531.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah never seen those!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Nah never seen those!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok. There are quite a few of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2366
Ok. There are quite a few of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's good I guess! Makes up for the lack of PHYA5 papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
That's good I guess! Makes up for the lack of PHYA5 papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually they constitute unit 4 and 5 mixed together

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2368
Actually they constitute unit 4 and 5 mixed together

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's so odd - thanks in advance for uploading and hope the exam tomorrow goes well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
That's so odd - thanks in advance for uploading and hope the exam tomorrow goes well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, true.
No worries man :smile:. And thanks, i will hopefully stay alive lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you click on this link and scroll down to the A-level section, you'll find all of the old past papers down there :smile:

http://www.egsphysics.co.uk/files/web_pages/exams.html
Reply 2371
Original post by sam_97
If you click on this link and scroll down to the A-level section, you'll find all of the old past papers down there :smile:

Thanks for sharing :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Thanks for sharing :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries at all :smile: I think some of the old spec questions are very useful to be honest, a lot of it is very similar to the current spec!
Original post by sam_97

Yeah, that is it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, that is it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great! :smile:
Original post by sam_97
Great! :smile:

I searched on the web but i couldn't find the synoptic ones. There were mark schemes but no question paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
I searched on the web but i couldn't find the synoptic ones. There were mark schemes but no question paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I could only find the mark schemes as well to start with! The old papers seem to be quite hard to come by
Snapchat--7536408031941214116.jpgwhy is the answer to q13 b? i dont understand why you have to divide by root2
Original post by n0cturnal
Snapchat--7536408031941214116.jpgwhy is the answer to q13 b? i dont understand why you have to divide by root2

If you look on page 115 there are two approaches to the question by CD223 there :smile: The one in red pen is easier to follow if you're not sure where the root2 comes from
Original post by CD223
Nah never seen those!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd like to have a look at these! Not enough hard heat and gas questions other than the new papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending