The Student Room Group

F292- Que Rico LTD Pre-release

Scroll to see replies

Thank you for ur help really appreciate it!
Original post by neal95
Hi glad it could be of use, it just shows how important it is to work of the margins really! In regards to your question, I think a minute per mark is a good measure, but if you are like me and a quick writer then you can be more flexible with this. The key thing is not to over complicate things because the examiners don't like it, you need to build up your answer slowly from level 1 to level 2 and then level 3 and 4 when needed. First I would include business knowledge for example the name of her management style, then I would detail the typical features of this style and apply it to QRL, noting how the workforce is being affected and the implications on the business. I am planning to complete section A nice and quickly as it dosent require much writing and therefore this allows me more time writing the long answers. I hope this has been of some help :smile:
How's everyone feeling about this exam? I'm not feeling very confident, really worried about questions coming up that I haven't prepared answers to. Also does anyone have any predictions on what could come up on section A?
My top tip for this is get through section a nice and quickly and then you have more time on your section b answers which allow you to analyse and evaluate. Key is to get section A full marks if possible. I am currently re reading the unit guide and just looking at some mark schemes. Hopefully grade boundaries remain the same last year an A was 58
Hi, do you know if a high a grade gets more ums than a low a grade-or is an a grade just the same ums? ie getting 96 instead of 90 thanks
Original post by neal95
Anyone doing this exam in the summer and started analysing the case study yet? When is the APT released?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by artymaniac
Hi, do you know if a high a grade gets more ums than a low a grade-or is an a grade just the same ums? ie getting 96 instead of 90 thanks

Hello- the higher the A, the higher the ums, but there comes a point when not full raw marks will equal 100 ums. What areas do you think will come up in section b tommorow if you don't mind me asking
So like you can get like 100 ums for f292? for ocr??.. I think they will ask about qrls leadership, maybe factors that determine future success for qrl.. discuss how they use benchmarking to increase success??- but im only guessing!
Original post by neal95
Hello- the higher the A, the higher the ums, but there comes a point when not full raw marks will equal 100 ums. What areas do you think will come up in section b tommorow if you don't mind me asking
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by artymaniac
So like you can get like 100 ums for f292? for ocr??.. I think they will ask about qrls leadership, maybe factors that determine future success for qrl.. discuss how they use benchmarking to increase success??- but im only guessing!

Yep that is very possible for example it might be 90 marks = 100 ums and thanks I will do practice questions to those 2 things later for section b. I just want to make sure I don't get caught out by anything in section a and can do all calculations like PED ARR payback
I thought 90 marks was 120 ums? and maybe 80 ish marks would get 100 ums? Am I way off?
Original post by neal95
Yep that is very possible for example it might be 90 marks = 100 ums and thanks I will do practice questions to those 2 things later for section b. I just want to make sure I don't get caught out by anything in section a and can do all calculations like PED ARR payback
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah practice makes perfect! also with the ARR and payback where do you think they will ask us to use the case study to calculate them...?the ovens?
Original post by neal95
(edited 8 years ago)
Sorry I I meant 120 lol I was the one in the wrong got mixed up between another exam lol and yeah most definitely the ovens and the marketing campaign so I will calculate the 2 and compare an justify and that should get level 4
ah cool! hopefuly arr and payback come up fingers crossed! Good luck tomorrow!
Original post by neal95
Sorry I I meant 120 lol I was the one in the wrong got mixed up between another exam lol and yeah most definitely the ovens and the marketing campaign so I will calculate the 2 and compare an justify and that should get level 4
Yep you too :smile: let's smash this exam!
Hi guys! Was just wondering whether someone would briefly break down what content would be needed for this question that was posted earlier: " Discuss the extent to which Amy's leadership approach is appropriate for QRL - 16 marks". I am unsure on what would be needed to answer it. Thanks!
Do we need to do any calculations for the Profit & loss account, and the balance sheet??
Original post by Snookes1997
Hi guys! Was just wondering whether someone would briefly break down what content would be needed for this question that was posted earlier: " Discuss the extent to which Amy's leadership approach is appropriate for QRL - 16 marks". I am unsure on what would be needed to answer it. Thanks!

I think you would firstly talk about Amy and the type(s) of Leadership styles she has. Then you'd probably talk about the employees and motivation theories and all that good stuff. Then link this to the case study, so link it to their objectives, and how Amy's leadership is affecting the outcome of these objectives. Then maybe talk about things like labour turnover and bring statistics in from the case? I don't know if this is correct, someone correct me if I'm wrong
Original post by dualghost
Do we need to do any calculations for the Profit & loss account, and the balance sheet??

you dont need to but if you do and you go ahead and describe the consequences for the business then you get instant level 3. i am planning on working out the PED and payback/ARR calculations and going off that to answer some of the questions, which i hope will come up. even if they dont if you can link some of the calculations to whatever is coming up then you will score marks. this is particularly the case if you get full marks on section A as then you only need like 53% in section B (last years grade boundaries) to secure the A.
Original post by neal95
you dont need to but if you do and you go ahead and describe the consequences for the business then you get instant level 3. i am planning on working out the PED and payback/ARR calculations and going off that to answer some of the questions, which i hope will come up. even if they dont if you can link some of the calculations to whatever is coming up then you will score marks. this is particularly the case if you get full marks on section A as then you only need like 53% in section B (last years grade boundaries) to secure the A.

Ah right I see, thanks a lot :smile:
What are you going to work out with the PED?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 57
my teachers think that the accounting and finance questions are going to be ARR and Payback, the people in organisations is going to be about Labour turnover (the high rates in the north and london). The opp's management will be on how to improve quality
Original post by dualghost
Ah right I see, thanks a lot :smile:
What are you going to work out with the PED?

i was hoping it might be a caluclation question on section A/ start of section b if possible lol
Reply 59
Original post by neal95
i was hoping it might be a caluclation question on section A/ start of section b if possible lol

There will be a calculation questions in part A and the first question of part b

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending