The Student Room Group

CIE AS Physics 2015 May June

Hey! Has anyone done the 2015 CIE AS Physics exam? How did you find it?
Hey! Just did the paper 2 structured questions exam yesterday.. I definitely expected harder questions, but it turned out all right.. Although I did find 1 question mind-boggling.. Oh! The formula sheet actually saved me from losing 3 marks, phew
Which variant did you do btw? There was an annoying question on projectile motion that was crazy hard, but anyway, its done now eh?
I did 9702/22, so Paper 22. Yeah, question no.2 was on projectile motion, that one was so hard.. Glad that's done, but still got Paper 1 and Paper 3.. The practical isn't that hard in my opinion, but the multiple choice is where I suck at physics
I messed up on question 2 but the rest was fine. What do you think the grade boundary for A will be this year?
Yeah question 2 was horrible. Not sure about the grade boundary, the 2014 one isn't even released yet, right?
Original post by adriansjahid
Yeah question 2 was horrible. Not sure about the grade boundary, the 2014 one isn't even released yet, right?

I suppose the grade boundaries will (hopefully) be lower this year! Everyone at my school found question 2 to be tricky... The practical was really easy, and yeah the MCQ's are a pain :'( Cant wait to get it over with! lol
Original post by cyberman0123
I suppose the grade boundaries will (hopefully) be lower this year! Everyone at my school found question 2 to be tricky... The practical was really easy, and yeah the MCQ's are a pain :'( Cant wait to get it over with! lol

I haven't done the practical and MCQ yet.. My practical's on the 4th, and MCQ on the 10th.. Still suffering here....
Original post by RickyCT
Are the practicals generally really easy every year?

Just did the practical earlier today. Tbh, it wasn't that hard, I always did thought the practicals were the easiest one of the three papers...
Original post by RickyCT
I did it too! the one with the lenses and balancing the ruler right? .. Yeah it was alright.. on to paper 1 ! #LastOne hahahahah good luck !

Yeah that one.. It was honestly pretty easy.. Paper 1 is where I'll screw up so many things.. Good luck though!
Reply 10
Yeah that one.. It was honestly pretty easy.. Paper 1 is where I'll screw up so many things.. Good luck though!

How was it?
Original post by RickyCT
How was it?

I found it hard, as always paper 1 is my downfall.. A couple of the questions were repeated from past papers.. Since I'm not continuing physics to A-Level, my aim is just to get a C or possibly a B.. Paper 2 and Paper 3 went quite well for me, so Paper 1 i was aiming for at least 20/40.. SO GLAD EXAMS ARE OVER!!
Reply 12
I found it hard, as always paper 1 is my downfall.. A couple of the questions were repeated from past papers.. Since I'm not continuing physics to A-Level, my aim is just to get a C or possibly a B.. Paper 2 and Paper 3 went quite well for me, so Paper 1 i was aiming for at least 20/40.. SO GLAD EXAMS ARE OVER!!

How much do you think we have to get in paper 1 for an A? assuming that paper 2,3 went pretty well.
Original post by RickyCT
How much do you think we have to get in paper 1 for an A? assuming that paper 2,3 went pretty well.

No idea at all.. For 2013, getting an A was around 26/40 while a B was 24/40... So hopefully it won't be too high
Reply 14
How did you find the multiple choice exam yesterday?
Got an A!!! What did you guys get?
Reply 16
Original post by innocent98
Got an A!!! What did you guys get?

Got 91 A ! congrats :smile: Do you know when we'll get to see how we did for each paper?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by RickyCT
Got 91 A ! congrats :smile: Do you know when we'll get to see how we did for each paper?

I think you will be able to ask your teacher now or soon
Got a C (68). Was expecting a B, but this is fine since I won't be taking Physics for my A-Levels. My other results were satisfactory though. Congrats innocent98 and RickyCT!
May I just ask guys, are you international students? I want to take CIE A level Physics next year but was told by a centre that they are only available to international students who came from abroad. But on the site:http://www.cie.org.uk/cambridge-for/learners-and-parents/exams-and-certificates/private-candidates/
It says private Candidates could take the exams even if they are not based in Cambridge etc but candidates would have to find a 'Cambridge' centre to sit the exams. I'm super confused. I would appreciate it if someone could explain how this works.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending