I'm a woman on a mission. :wink:

Spoiler

Original post by Pathway

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Pathway

Spoiler

I think you're awesome. :lovehug:
My daddy is a ****ty mood. Woke up late, now blaming it on us. He should have set his bloody alarm.
Hi guys I'm new here, I suffer from anxiety, ocd which both cause me major stress and panic attacks. Just wanted to ask if anyone is similar and how do you deal with it. Im currently about to start CBT and I am on Citalopram.

I am also transferring unis this September and I'm getting really anxious and worked up about it :frown:
Hi guys I'm new here, I suffer from anxiety, ocd which both cause me major stress and panic attacks. Just wanted to ask if anyone is similar and how do you deal with it. Im currently about to start CBT and I am on Citalopram.

I am also transferring unis this September and I'm getting really anxious and worked up about it

(Reposted as I didn't mean to put the previous message anonymous aha)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by QcI JAMES IcQ

I am also transferring unis this September and I'm getting really anxious and worked up about it

I don't suffer from those, so have no advice, but WELCOME :biggrin: I'm Shan, the resident goatherd :musicus:
cant ground myself an d i passed out after i got out of the shower. feel so spaced out dont know anything anymore
Original post by QcI JAMES IcQ

Hey there bud, welcome to the thread! As far as i know i don't have OCD, but i do have anxiety and the panic attacks that come with it. I've also tried citalopram before but it didn't sit very well with me, though i know it works for some. How's it treating you?

Good to hear you're trying CBT, i rate it quite highly, as it's a form of self-treatment with no side effects, unlike things like medication :P One thing i'll say about CBT is that it requires you to work at it; you need to practice the techniques you are taught. It effectively gives you tools to deal with problems, but tools are useless unless they are put to use :smile:

Panic attacks are hard to deal with, and it is hard to think straight when you are going through one :console: I found that after practicing my CBT stuff enough, it maded it much easier to do relaxation exercises while having an attack, which helped at least a little. I'm still learning to deal with them properly.
Original post by Pathway
cant ground myself an d i passed out after i got out of the shower. feel so spaced out dont know anything anymore

:hugs: Did you hit your head or anything?
Original post by superwolf
:hugs: Did you hit your head or anything?

yeah, coming otu of the ensuite there's like a step thing, hit my head on that. back of my head is sore but i'll be ok. tbh its my fault. probably a combination of ED stuff and EDS stuff.
ED

Spoiler

Original post by Pathway
yeah, coming otu of the ensuite there's like a step thing, hit my head on that. back of my head is sore but i'll be ok. tbh its my fault. probably a combination of ED stuff and EDS stuff.
ED

Spoiler

:frown: You should really go get that checked out... I'd go to A&E/walk in centre, cos you might have done yourself some real damage. :console: You don't want to get concussion on top of everything else.
Original post by Meaty_man
Hey there bud, welcome to the thread! As far as i know i don't have OCD, but i do have anxiety and the panic attacks that come with it. I've also tried citalopram before but it didn't sit very well with me, though i know it works for some. How's it treating you?

Good to hear you're trying CBT, i rate it quite highly, as it's a form of self-treatment with no side effects, unlike things like medication :P One thing i'll say about CBT is that it requires you to work at it; you need to practice the techniques you are taught. It effectively gives you tools to deal with problems, but tools are useless unless they are put to use :smile:

Panic attacks are hard to deal with, and it is hard to think straight when you are going through one :console: I found that after practicing my CBT stuff enough, it maded it much easier to do relaxation exercises while having an attack, which helped at least a little. I'm still learning to deal with them properly.

Thanks, I've watched this thread for a while and thought I'd get involved. It seems like a thread full of nice people and help :smile:

Is it normal to suffer from mild insomnia when on these types of tablets?
Original post by Meaty_man

Thanks, I've watched this thread for a while and thought I'd get involved. It seems like a thread full of nice people and help

Is it normal to suffer from mild insomnia when on these types of tablets?
:frown: You should really go get that checked out... I'd go to A&E/walk in centre, cos you might have done yourself some real damage. :console: You don't want to get concussion on top of everything else.

i know i shhould im just scared to? i dont know. i'll probably be fine . if i feel worse ill go to the health centre on campus or something
Original post by Pathway
i know i shhould im just scared to? i dont know. i'll probably be fine . if i feel worse ill go to the health centre on campus or something

:hugs: You need to look after yourself though, what if you pass out again, or if you do get concussion? Going to the doctor's isn't exactly fun, but it sounds like it's necessary just now.
Original post by Pathway

Please at least go to a walk in centre and get checked out. You might not realise something is wrong later since head injuries can give really vague symptoms. You passed out so you don't know how badly you hit it. The doctor will totally understand why you're there.
:hugs: You need to look after yourself though, what if you pass out again, or if you do get concussion? Going to the doctor's isn't exactly fun, but it sounds like it's necessary just now.

Original post by Valvopus
Please at least go to a walk in centre and get checked out. You might not realise something is wrong later since head injuries can give really vague symptoms. You passed out so you don't know how badly you hit it. The doctor will totally understand why you're there.

i'll try.too paranoid to leave my room right now . thanks guys
Original post by Pathway
i'll try.too paranoid to leave my room right now . thanks guys

Good luck, and I hope you do feel much better soon. :suith:

Latest