The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP2 June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TeeEm
I got a feeling that the boundaries will be very high ...

I don't think Student Room is representative of the nation. Everyone here always rushes to tell everyone else how easy it was for them because they're so clever.
Original post by TeeEm

I am 95% sure i got 74/75
And 100% sure that isnt 100UMS.
Dissapointed tbh. And dont noone say 'i wish i got that mark etc etc' i have my own aims and i wanted 75/75.
I am fully correct in thinking that 74/75 in 98UMS?
I dont think it was that easy but easy since all question had been asked before. I still think 70/75 will be A* and that wont change however the A boundary will go up 1/2marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mrno1324
I don't think Student Room is representative of the nation. Everyone here always rushes to tell everyone else how easy it was for them because they're so clever.

Yes, everyone in my school except me and my mate found it hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TeeEm

It won't be higher than june14 surely? I found that paper far easier than this one.
Reply 264
Original post by mrno1324

on the contrary
people rush here to complain
you only have to look at any poll on any unit and any board
Original post by MrBowcat
It won't be higher than june14 surely? I found that paper far easier than this one.

I would this was on the easier side.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 266
Original post by physicsmaths
I am 95% sure i got 74/75
And 100% sure that isnt 100UMS.
Dissapointed tbh. And dont noone say 'i wish i got that mark etc etc' i have my own aims and i wanted 75/75.
I am fully correct in thinking that 74/75 in 98UMS?
I dont think it was that easy but easy since all question had been asked before. I still think 70/75 will be A* and that wont change however the A boundary will go up 1/2marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I still think at this stage only from the comments and the poll that this is the easiest FP2 to date.
I wii be able to say more once I see the paper
and even better when I do the paper
Original post by TeeEm
I still think at this stage only from the comments and the poll that this is the easiest FP2 to date.

No way was it the easiest to date.all papers were easier other then june 14(slightly trickier) and one other paper which i cant remember.
Original post by TeeEm

Integral of 3cos2xsinx

Is it okay to integrate 3/2(sin3x -sinx) instead?
Reply 269
Original post by physicsmaths
No way was it the easiest to date.all papers were easier other then june 14(slightly trickier) and one other paper which i cant remember.

I sit on the fence until I have more information
Original post by TeeEm
I sit on the fence until I have more information

Do you want the questions? I have the paper on me.
Reply 272
Original post by kingaaran
Integral of 3cos2xsinx

3cos2xsinx = 3sinx(2cos2x -1) = 6sinxcos2x -3sinx ... which integrates to .... -2cos3x +3cosx
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 273
Original post by TeeEm

will you be able to get hold of and do the ial fp2 paper ? That would be really nice :smile:
Reply 274
Integral of 3cos2xsinx

That's what I did. Should be valid
Original post by raff97
That's what I did. Should be valid

That's good then - at least I'm not the only one.

Honestly? Have you scanned it? I'd love to see it please. I teach FP2 and am very concerened for my students. I know exactly what they can do and what they can't do. Jst wanted to check it please. Much appreciated.
Reply 277

I am not planning to do solutions now.
I have a list of currently 95 papers to do solutions for and this will slot somewhere mid-July in my do lists.

However it will be nice to see the paper.
Original post by aidinpoori
Honestly? Have you scanned it? I'd love to see it please. I teach FP2 and am very concerened for my students. I know exactly what they can do and what they can't do. Jst wanted to check it please. Much appreciated.

Yep, I have it on me. I can scan it when I get home, but at the moment I can only post the questions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending