The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pathway
i'll try.too paranoid to leave my room right now . thanks guys

Okay, hope you feel better soon :smile: :hugs:
So I have dysthymia and anankastic (obsessive-compulsive) personality disorder.
(edited 8 years ago)
Pathway
:frown:

Hope you're safe

Original post by CescaD96
So I have dysphemia and anankastic (obsessive-compulsive) personality disorder.

:jumphug:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Hope you're safe

thank you. I think I am ok.
Original post by superwolf
Good luck, and I hope you do feel much better soon. :suith:

Original post by Valvopus
Okay, hope you feel better soon :smile: :hugs:

Thank you.

Hope you're safe

Not that safe mentally in a bad place but it's not that important
Original post by Pathway
Not that safe mentally in a bad place but it's not that important

It IS important that you are safe :sadnod: Obviously not really much I can do from afar but am generally at home today (though not always online - doing uni work for supervisor), so do feel free to text :console:
It IS important that you are safe :sadnod: Obviously not really much I can do from afar but am generally at home today (though not always online - doing uni work for supervisor), so do feel free to text :console:

Thank you, jst don't want to be an annoyance. I'll be ok dont worry
Original post by Pathway
Thank you, jst don't want to be an annoyance. I'll be ok dont worry

Wouldn't be an annoyance at all, so don't think that. I just mentioned my uni work as a means of explaining why I might be slower than usual to reply to posts/PMs on here :colondollar:
Wouldn't be an annoyance at all, so don't think that. I just mentioned my uni work as a means of explaining why I might be slower than usual to reply to posts/PMs on here :colondollar:

i know, i'm just not sure what i'd even say. i'm just fixated on the whole going home thing and i'm sure everyone is tired of me whining about it lol.
Pathway
:frown:

Quote button not working...

It's understandable, given everything, that you would be very nervous about going home. If I were you, I'd be equally as anxious and need support.

Really wish your CMHT weren't so **** :frown:
Really worried about tomorrow...
Quote button not working...

It's understandable, given everything, that you would be very nervous about going home. If I were you, I'd be equally as anxious and need support.

Really wish your CMHT weren't so **** :frown:

its ok. i dont know. i dont think i will be contacting them come october mainly because i've become really disillusioned and they don't really seem to give any ****s about me so yeah. idk. other people need help more than i do anyway and i know services are super stretched so feel bad getting the little support i did get. should get ready at some point have counselling today (last appointment wooooooo). so tired of everything.
I just rang up to see how long I'd have to wait for the psych therapy and last time I rang the girl said weeks rather than months.

Just rang again and the woman said it'll be a few months now and the original girl I spoke to was a temp and didn't know what she was talking about 😰

Beginning to wonder if the MH service actually exists!?!
(edited 8 years ago)
Afternoon guys-managed to get a healthy sleep last night-fell asleep watching "Memento" :colondollar:
Original post by Little Popcorns
I just rang up to see how long I'd have to wait for the psych therapy and last time I rang the girl said weeks rather than months.

Just rang again and the woman said it'll be a few months now and the original girl I spoke to was a temp and didn't know what she was talking about 😰

It does exist it's just under-funded and over-subscribed.
Original post by Little Popcorns

It's out there...somewhere :tongue: Really hope they get their act together soon!

Seeing so many people complain about adult MH services makes me realise how spoiled I was with CAMHS. I had group therapy once a week, CPN once or twice a week, psychiatrist every 4 - 6 weeks and could get an appointment within a few days if I needed it. Always had great support from the crisis team too. I thought it was normal but it seems it's far from it. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
MH services are a postcode lottery. I think CAMHS probs has more funding/resources than EIS or CMHT/IAPT/anything else.

Can't get quote button working but :grouphugs: for everyone and Pathway, don't feel bad - the MH services are there for EVERYONE, including you! :yep:
Original post by Anonymous #2
It's out there...somewhere :tongue: Really hope they get their act together soon!

Seeing so many people complain about adult MH services makes me realise how spoiled I was with CAMHS. I had group therapy once a week, CPN once or twice a week, psychiatrist every 4 - 6 weeks and could get an appointment within a few days if I needed it. Always had great support from the crisis team too. I thought it was normal but it seems it's far from it. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You weren't spoiled, you just received the standard of care that you (and the rest of us) deserved. :smile: There's nothing wrong with that, but there's plenty wrong with the many services in different parts of the country that don't have a ****ing clue.

Personally I've learned to rely more on the people who'll always be there, like my family and friends. It might not work for everyone (and there's a huge role for therapy and medication), but the bigger your support network, the more people to try and catch you when you fall.
Original post by Danny the Geezer
It does exist it's just under-funded and over-subscribed.
haha obv, still when you're in need it's not really much comfort... The millionaires out there need to just pull their fingers out really
Original post by Anonymous #2
It's out there...somewhere Really hope they get their act together soon! Seeing so many people complain about adult MH services makes me realise how spoiled I was with CAMHS. I had group therapy once a week, CPN once or twice a week, psychiatrist every 4 - 6 weeks and could get an appointment within a few days if I needed it. Always had great support from the crisis team too. I thought it was normal but it seems it's far from it. Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha it must be somewhere out there :tongue:.

That's good :smile:, although when I was 14 and got referred it was rubbish. I do think it is so important to target this stuff in childhood let's face it. If you don't mind me asking how old are you and what diagnosis have you got?
:cry2:

Latest