The Student Room Group

Business studies Unit 1 AS Edexcel

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yousf
Do you know wht the official book for this unit is, and do you know any useful resources?

erm yeah i know what the book is
also , im thinking of using these cards on quizlet by rohan taneja - the link he gave
ive saved those links for now- studying for chem and bio for now
But yeah - im gna use my book , the website , and past papers
Reply 461
Original post by ahsan_ijaz
erm yeah i know what the book is
also , im thinking of using these cards on quizlet by rohan taneja - the link he gave
ive saved those links for now- studying for chem and bio for now
But yeah - im gna use my book , the website , and past papers

whats the book
Original post by Yousf
whats the book

Not sure if there's a proper official book but i'm using "Revision guide to AS level business studies"
Reply 463
Original post by Devinely
Not sure if there's a proper official book but i'm using "Revision guide to AS level business studies"

Yeah I'm using that book too
Reply 464
Original post by Devinely

is that the cgp book? if not could you send me a link, much appreciated.
Original post by Yousf
is that the cgp book? if not could you send me a link, much appreciated.

No it's not by them, I do have that book as well but i didn't find it as helpful.

It's on www.anforme.com

or you can find it on Amazon by putting in the book title (That's where i got it from)
Hi, will there be AS level resits in June 2016 because my teacher said that there wernt?????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 467
How is everyone feeling for Thursday? Soo many advantages and disadvantages to learn it's killing me
Queue the impending discussion in around about 50 hours time.....

Feeling a bit mixed, I was getting good grades in the mocks but it has been soooo long since I last revised for unit 2 :frown:. Right now I am feeling mixed, so my plan is to start getting as much unit 2 knowledge into my head. I am hoping it will be more acknowledging and reminding, rather than reading stuff I have completely forgot!

Also, if any of you have question your unsure about please ask me. I may not know the answer myself, but I think it will be good because if I know it I can help and if not it indicates a gap in my knowledge.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 469
Original post by Khanthebrit
Queue the impending discussion in around about 50 hours time.....

Feeling a bit mixed, I was getting good grades in the mocks but it has been soooo long since I last revised for unit 2 :frown:. Right now I am feeling mixed, so my plan is to start getting as much unit 2 knowledge into my head. I am hoping it will be more acknowledging and reminding, rather than reading stuff I have completely forgot!

Also, if any of you have question your unsure about please ask me. I may not know the answer myself, but I think it will be good because if I know it I can help and if not it indicates a gap in my knowledge.

Difference between lean management and lean production?
Reply 470
Original post by rohan taneja
How is everyone feeling for Thursday? Soo many advantages and disadvantages to learn it's killing me

What topics are you learning the advantage and disadvantages for, i cant think of many
Original post by Yousf
Difference between lean management and lean production?

In my opinion (this is not from any source) they essentially both mean the same thing. When discussing up lean production/management, it is important to include the principles of being 'lean'. So, you would refer to Continuous improvement, JIT, Teamwork (cell production), Time based management, Total Quality Management etc.

Both concepts focus on the 2 main things:
The Minimizing of waste
To produce at the most efficient level (cost of production/operating the business at its lowest)

Using the principles above, that is how businesses can go about doing this. For instance, JIT reduces costs and increases efficiency because less costs go into storing and essentially you will not be left with any 'dead stock' (stock that did not manage to get sold). This increases efficiency and minimizes waste.
Reply 472
Is someone making a Unit 2 thread or will we use this one for discussion?
Reply 473
Original post by Nath98
Is someone making a Unit 2 thread or will we use this one for discussion?

I think we are just going to use this one :smile:
Im having troubles with PED
Can never get my head around the formula and the questions asked about it
help pls
Original post by GreenNinjaa
Im having troubles with PED
Can never get my head around the formula and the questions asked about it
help pls

So the formula is % change in QD divided by % change in price.

If you get a negative answer you can ignore the minus sign.

If it's more than 1, it's price elastic which means the change in Demand is bigger than the change in price. So if price increases proportionally you would lose more demand than the increase. A decrease in price, proportionally the demand would increase more than the price change.

If your answer is 1 you have unitary price elasticity meaning there's the same proportional change so basically you should still make the same profits if other factors are still the same.

If the answer is less than 1 that the product is price inelastic meaning the change in demand is proportionally smaller than the change in price

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 476
Who is feeling confident for tomorrow.?
About to start to do some Business revision now (I have done lots before, just haven't started yet today). I'd like to say I am feeling relatively confident and personally, I find section B easier on this unit. I think that perhaps because we can apply more knowledge into this exam makes that section a little easier.

How are you feeling?
Feeling ok about it tbh more worried for units 3 and 4 haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 479
I'm okay just so many disadvantages and disadvantages to learn :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending